Exporting the current world and characters (start a new Char on current world)

Should we be able to export our current world, like we do with characters, but more complex, with mo

• Yes.

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry if this was asked before, I have not seen it.

It has just struck me, something I would very much love in M&B.

Remember that awesome game you got and everything... But then you got tired, wanted to do something else... And you had to start from scratch and from the default world? Well, it sucks after the 23rd time or so. And boy, did I start many new games...

So I will make one of my final suggestions, since 98% of what I wanted was already implemented by the devs (I would love to see it had to do with my requests but meh, thousands asking stuff here... It shouldn't be just me asking stuff):

Export your current world, characters, territories and relations. No need to export real-time place in the world map, just the characters, factions, fiefdoms and their ownership and the relations between chars and settlements. This way, you could start a "sorta new game", create a new character, but in the world you are playing. Say you conquer the world, and wanna start a revolution because it's almost harvesting season... Export the world and create a new game on it.

Would it be doable? Code-wise I believe it wouldn't be too taxing. And considering the speculative knowledge we have of how characters will rise and fall (and die?), It could be awesome living for 500 years in the world. Especially if you can have heirs... That would be awesome.

If we can't, still playing in an already played world would be awesome.

I don't like comparing this to crusader kings 2 (I love both games equally, though I preffer M&B most of the time due to the sheer awesomeness of driving a lance through an enemy in real time). But It just stroke me as how awesome it can be: In CK2 you save the game, quit, load it and you can choose any character from that save. So I thought a simple export-feature of sorts could be implemented into Bannerlord. It's not actually that much data, I believe, and an New game+ feature to the main menu... Shouldn't be too hard, I sure hope.

More precisely:
- A small icon inside the camp menu, under "retire from adventuring" or directly below it as "Make a record of current events"
- You click it and a menu prompt should appear ("Are you sure?" Or if you have the time and interest: "What should be recorded in your DOMESDAY BOOK?" and if possible, this underlined section as a blank for you to choose the name of your record)?
- (Possibilities) What should be saved:
--- All the relationships between lords, friendships, rivalries, clans, faction relations, sons, whoever is dead and how;
--- All the ownership data: which fief belongs to whom;
--- All the fief and village construction, population, production and prosperity data: which upgrades were built or not, which were destroyed (if it is relevant, or even possible)
--- Commercial data: the value of commodities;
--- Army and garrison data: how many men fiefs, castles, cities and lords (and parties, if possible) have currently, and what kind of men;
--- If possible, but should be entirely optional: current parties' positions on the world map;

The export function should work pretty much like character export, if at all possible: a simple (or a set of) text file(s), with the name you chose for your record, for ease of access, it should be exported to a separate foldes in your docs/M&B folder, beside Character, have a folder called "Recorded events" or "Records" (this one can be tricky with video editing) or even "Worlds". Inside these text files, all the data exported from the game, and readable by the game as import data.

- In order to use this, there should either be a option under New Game like "Load record" or "Load exported world"/
--- Under this Main Menu option, there should also be an option to "Load character" and another for "New Character"
- And, if possible, allow another camp menu option to "Import exported world" (I did not think of a good immersive text like "immerse yourself into a record"), which would reload the game scenario.
This would allow for quicker change of world/characters, but I am aware it could take way too long to reload the enitre game. And it could even cause crashes.
BUT, allowing for a quick change of character inside the same world would provide interesting new dimension and change in perspective in the game. Something like what Grand Theft Auto 5 did.
If that should ever be considered, there are two options: make your previous character invisible, or leave the party as is and some neutral AI takes control of the character. Or if there is a choice of personality in the character creation menu, use the relevant AI (I am aware this might lead to exploiting, so I really want some other suggestions)

So, do you agree? Any feedback or further ideas?

Is it doable?

Thank you for reading thus far.

Edit: scratched the awfully written part, because I was younger, more naive and more hopeful back then.

Well, as the Forum requires specific suggestions, I've finally compiled some (also added it to the OP under the spoiler).

More precisely:
- A small icon inside the camp menu, under "retire from adventuring" or directly below it as "Make a record of current events"
- You click it and a menu prompt should appear ("Are you sure?" Or if you have the time and interest: "What should be recorded in your DOMESDAY BOOK?" and if possible, this underlined section as a blank for you to choose the name of your record)?
- (Possibilities) What should be saved:
--- All the relationships between lords, friendships, rivalries, clans, faction relations, sons, whoever is dead and how;
--- All the ownership data: which fief belongs to whom;
--- All the fief and village construction, population, production and prosperity data: which upgrades were built or not, which were destroyed (if it is relevant, or even possible)
--- Commercial data: the value of commodities;
--- Army and garrison data: how many men fiefs, castles, cities and lords (and parties, if possible) have currently, and what kind of men;
--- If possible, but should be entirely optional: current parties' positions on the world map;

The export function should work pretty much like character export, if at all possible: a simple (or a set of) text file(s), with the name you chose for your record, for ease of access, it should be exported to a separate foldes in your docs/M&B folder, beside Character, have a folder called "Recorded events" or "Records" (this one can be tricky with video editing) or even "Worlds". Inside these text files, all the data exported from the game, and readable by the game as import data.

- In order to use this, there should either be a option under New Game like "Load record" or "Load exported world"/
--- Under this Main Menu option, there should also be an option to "Load character" and another for "New Character"
- And, if possible, allow another camp menu option to "Import exported world" (I did not think of a good immersive text like "immerse yourself into a record"), which would reload the game scenario.
This would allow for quicker change of world/characters, but I am aware it could take way too long to reload the enitre game. And it could even cause crashes.
BUT, allowing for a quick change of character inside the same world would provide interesting new dimension and change in perspective in the game. Something like what Grand Theft Auto 5 did.
If that should ever be considered, there are two options: make your previous character invisible, or leave the party as is and some neutral AI takes control of the character. Or if there is a choice of personality in the character creation menu, use the relevant AI (I am aware this might lead to exploiting, so I really want some other suggestions)

Further suggestions and critiques are very much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom