General Roleplaying Banter

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll start setting it up if Teofish posts here to be interested as well. We will start with you two. Go download Chummer and start creating your character.

Jhessail said:
Oh, one restriction - no deckers. I can't be arsed to fit Matrix adventures with meatspace stuff. It's always a headache to do that.

Oh thank god, I love deckers but that's all I ever get to play.

I'm working on adapting what I had for the last RP, so something of a pistol focused adept (so I can kill everyone with long, discussions of zen philosophy).

I don't have any of the old chummer character files saved anymore, I've gone through a couple of hardware changes and those weren't of high priority to save, unfortunately. I know, I'm a terrible human being. As a reminder, we're using 4th edition SR rules. If you want to buy the rulebook, I would recommend getting the 20th Anniversary special edition as it has the typos fixed and additional lore and pictures added.

Amagic, you could play a rigger if you love the decker style.
Úlf, that certainly sounds feasible.

Looks like Theo will then be the third. That should be a good amount of players to start with, as I said, so we can get the ball rolling and see if this is sustainable.

I have my files saved on a virtual drive, so no worries from my part.  :razz:

Quick question though, are we just rolling standard Shadowrunners, with no real limits on background or is there some specific type of history/backstory you want to see?

No deckers and obviously no half-dragon half-elf weirdos. So normal races and archetypes. Aside from that, any and all backgrounds are feasible. I have a campaign start in mind which can easily be adjusted regardless of what the PC backgrounds are.

Jhessail said:
Amagic, you could play a rigger if you love the decker style.

Since we're doing 4th ed I'm actually almost tempted to play a rigger, but I just want to play something less nerdy for once. Probably a mix of social infiltration and B&E.

Jhessail said:
No deckers and obviously no half-dragon half-elf weirdos. So normal races and archetypes. Aside from that, any and all backgrounds are feasible. I have a campaign start in mind which can easily be adjusted regardless of what the PC backgrounds are.

Sounds good.

I'm maybe halfway done fixing up the adept/pistol dude.

You'll be in North-America, in or near Seattle, so keep that in mind for backgrounds and contacts. Make your contacts somewhat general, so I can use them as adventure hooks. Obviously you can give them a name and a profession and so on, but don't make them super specific, like "Joker is one-armed decker specializing in skill soft and living on 69 Butt**** Avenue in Redmond Barrens behind the burning tire dump".

Back
Top Bottom