Author Topic: General Roleplaying Banter  (Read 28552 times)

Jhessail

• Panzervixen
  • Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
Re: General Roleplaying Banter
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 08:56:07 PM »
I don't have any of the old chummer character files saved anymore, I've gone through a couple of hardware changes and those weren't of high priority to save, unfortunately. I know, I'm a terrible human being. As a reminder, we're using 4th edition SR rules. If you want to buy the rulebook, I would recommend getting the 20th Anniversary special edition as it has the typos fixed and additional lore and pictures added.

Amagic, you could play a rigger if you love the decker style.
Úlf, that certainly sounds feasible.

Looks like Theo will then be the third. That should be a good amount of players to start with, as I said, so we can get the ball rolling and see if this is sustainable.
JOIN SHADOWRUN PARTY QUEST
"In revenge and in love, woman is more barbaric than man is." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"For the female of the species is more deadly than the male." - Rudyard Kipling
Jhessail is far from friendly. :P She's extremely intelligent, amicable, and witty, but friendly's the last word I'd use to describe her.

Úlfheðinn

• Anti-Wellenist
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • WB
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 08:56:52 PM »
I have my files saved on a virtual drive, so no worries from my part.  :P

Quick question though, are we just rolling standard Shadowrunners, with no real limits on background or is there some specific type of history/backstory you want to see?
Silence moderator! We're holding an informative salon here and your presence is not needed.

Jhessail

• Panzervixen
  • Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
No deckers and obviously no half-dragon half-elf weirdos. So normal races and archetypes. Aside from that, any and all backgrounds are feasible. I have a campaign start in mind which can easily be adjusted regardless of what the PC backgrounds are.
"In revenge and in love, woman is more barbaric than man is." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jhessail is far from friendly. :P She's extremely intelligent, amicable, and witty, but friendly's the last word I'd use to describe her.

Amagic

• Baron
    • Skype - Supersibul
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Amagic
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 11:38:40 PM »
Amagic, you could play a rigger if you love the decker style.

Since we're doing 4th ed I'm actually almost tempted to play a rigger, but I just want to play something less nerdy for once. Probably a mix of social infiltration and B&E.
"Udinaas might have been amused, had he permitted the emotion, to see the coins burned into the Emperor's penis pop off, one, two, two more then four, as the Emperor's desire became apparent. Coins thumping to the rug-strewn floor, a few bouncing and managing modest rolls before settling." - Malazan Book of the Fallen: Midnight Tides.

Úlfheðinn

• Anti-Wellenist
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 01:02:13 AM »
No deckers and obviously no half-dragon half-elf weirdos. So normal races and archetypes. Aside from that, any and all backgrounds are feasible. I have a campaign start in mind which can easily be adjusted regardless of what the PC backgrounds are.

Sounds good.

I'm maybe halfway done fixing up the adept/pistol dude.
Silence moderator! We're holding an informative salon here and your presence is not needed.

Delora Filth

• Do you want to run this ship?
  • Marquis
  • Die größte Dragqueen aller Zeiten!
    • Skype - Teofish
    • Steam - Te O'Fish
    • Twitter - @CaptainTeo_Fish
    • View Profile
    • Teodorjacobsenwriting
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »
I'm torn as to whether I want to revive Gray Wolf or make someone completely new.

https://www.patreon.com/teodorjacobsenwriting
Frank Elliott is and will always be a shitweasel.

Jhessail

• Panzervixen
  • Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
You'll be in North-America, in or near Seattle, so keep that in mind for backgrounds and contacts. Make your contacts somewhat general, so I can use them as adventure hooks. Obviously you can give them a name and a profession and so on, but don't make them super specific, like "Joker is one-armed decker specializing in skill soft and living on 69 Buttfuck Avenue in Redmond Barrens behind the burning tire dump".

Úlfheðinn

• Anti-Wellenist
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »
"Joker is one-armed decker specializing in skill soft and living on 69 Buttfuck Avenue in Redmond Barrens behind the burning tire dump".

Dammit, back to the drawing board.

Delora Filth

• Marquis
    • Skype - Teofish
    • Steam - Te O'Fish
    • View Profile
    • Teodorjacobsenwriting
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »
Can I live on 69 Buttfuck Avenue, Redmond Barrens, behind the burning tire dump?

Jhessail

• Panzervixen
  • Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »
You already do Teo, you already do.

Úlfheðinn

• Anti-Wellenist
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »
 :lol:

He does live in Norway, so fair play.

Delora Filth

• Marquis
    • Skype - Teofish
    • Steam - Te O'Fish
    • View Profile
    • Teodorjacobsenwriting
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
:lol: Well played sir. Well played.

Amagic

• Baron
    • Skype - Supersibul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »
Man, making a character in 4e Shadowrun after playing so much 5e is like... all this stuff is so familiar but the sense of balance and the numbers is all off, it's uncanny. Whipped up a character though, gonna try out quite a few things I've never tried before, like having more charisma than a troglodyte and being an edgelord. :P
"Udinaas might have been amused, had he permitted the emotion, to see the coins burned into the Emperor's penis pop off, one, two, two more then four, as the Emperor's desire became apparent. Coins thumping to the rug-strewn floor, a few bouncing and managing modest rolls before settling." - Malazan Book of the Fallen: Midnight Tides.

Delora Filth

• Marquis
    • Skype - Teofish
    • Steam - Te O'Fish
    • View Profile
    • Teodorjacobsenwriting
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »
What sort of characters are you guys doing? Just so I don't do anything too similar.

Amagic

• Baron
    • Skype - Supersibul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:30 PM »
Uh... a made man doing bit of this, that and third, with 8 edge to back it all up. Social stuff most of all though.