General Roleplaying Banter

Users who are viewing this thread

You should have some Order of Knights referred to as the Pride or something. Isn't that what packs of lions are called?

General > Lord Pride-Commander, maybe?

Treasurer: Lord-Keeper of the great Gazelle vault? :razz:

I'd be careful about shoving too much thematics and unilateral semiotics into it though. Or it might start to feel a bit gimmicky and detract from immersion in the long run.

Their field marshal should be styled the Ringmaster, obviously.

tumblr_ne58bdp2f91sg9amyo1_1280.jpg

Currently playing in a BattleTech, MechWarrior table top game, we completed one story Arc where we wrecked a House Steiner unit and set free a planet (brought them over to Davion), got some sweet, sweet XP and realized I love fast/JJ mechs (Wraith for the win).

We are fighting Clan Jade Falcon in our second contract, so far we won a tactical victory on our first mission (we offered them an honorable withdrawal after our reinforcements arrived, which would have broken the honor duel). So far we've been honorable but we have an Arrow Catapult (artillery missiles) and 2 Sniper (artillery mechs) on the standby so when **** goes South we will call in artillery.

In our current mission we're still fighting using Clan honor rules, but not sure how long that will last, we've traded a Clan Assault mech for a Heavy, so we've still got a decent chance (my Wraith is busy fighting a Nova B), but we may have to be dishonorable to win (which has far reaching consequences since we'll then be seen by the Clanners as dishonorable in the future).

Never really got into that type of pnp-rp for some reason. Guess it's because they tend to be really rule-heavy and technical, whereas I tend to forget rules and technicalitites, but get really into the roleplaying and interaction parts. Seems fun though.

We use MegaMek, so apart from our GM setting up the map and moving the enemy force, it's all relatively pain free.

Even then BT isn't that much worse than D&D provided the GM knows how things work (if you just stick to mechs/land vehicles rules are pretty simple).

Cool. Guess that's a game which sorta necessitates minis and battlegrids and such. In my current DnD group we don't really use anything to indicate positions in combat. It's actually not too tricky. And DnD 5th edition is way less technical and annoying than fopr example 3.5. Much as I love 3.5, wasn't really all that conducive to actual good roleplaying. 5th is way better for that. But yeah, as you said, you need a GM who knows their ****.

I still prefer Pathfinder over DnD 5e. Then again, I know my ****, and my other group for Pathfinder the DM knows his ****.

Anyway, yeah Battletech is actually very easy to play.

So we started. Fourth Succession War era, and none of them know anything about Battletech. So far the group is focused around an heir to a Knight who serves House Davion. They are in the Warrior's Hall Academy, and so as the players learn how to play the game, their characters are also learning about Mech piloting and combat.

QuailLover said:
I still prefer Pathfinder over DnD 5e. Then again, I know my ****, and my other group for Pathfinder the DM knows his ****.
Guess that's the thing. I never really got all that much into Pathfinder before. So it'd be a massive effort for me to get to the familiarity level  I already am with general DnD.

Trying for funzies to come up with a "Jedi" build for 5th edition DnD. So far I've got a monk w/elemental focus + pally multiclass. But I'm not super satisfied with it. Anyone got any bright ideas?

I'd probably just focus on psiconics, Eldritch Blast will be based on Warlock levels, so you'll just be losing out on overall power (of your psiconics or Warlock stuff) by combining them.

Fair point. But which character class in DnD has psionics? Never really encountered that much except for the odd Illithid. And those you pretty much just run away from before they mindrape you to death.

Psions are the class that focus on psionics.

Pretty decent guide:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS607US607&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=psions+3.5

Back
Top Bottom