[Help] [Modding] [VC]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi forum - I came back after a few years to play VC now and of course I'm modding it.

So i got the source for v2.023 from: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.msg8336550.html#msg8336550

I have of course v2.023 installed from steam (duh) :smile:

I am trying to add some items. The problem is that I get the "unexpected end of file in item_kinds1.txt" with the "RGL error" header.
I have tried adding items with morgh's tool adding them directly into the txt file = crash.
I have now tried adding items with the module system source = crash.

I even copy an existing item and only rename it and change the price/damage/etc and still = crash.

Here's some module code I added, which crashes the game:
Code:
["itm_1h_sword_master", "xBane_of_Hel", [("Sword52_Runesword",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_primary|itp_no_blur, itc_longsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip,
5000 , weight(1)|abundance(100)|difficulty(12)|spd_rtng(100) | weapon_length(120)|swing_damage(45 , cut),imodbits_good_wep,
[], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_2, fac_kingdom_3, fac_kingdom_4, fac_kingdom_5, fac_kingdom_6, fac_kingdom_7, fac_kingdom_8, fac_kingdom_9, fac_kingdom_10, fac_kingdom_11, fac_kingdom_12, fac_kingdom_13, fac_kingdom_14, fac_kingdom_15, fac_kingdom_16, fac_kingdom_17, fac_kingdom_18, fac_kingdom_19, fac_kingdom_20, fac_kingdom_21]],

I copied the entry directly from the "Olvir's Sword" which is:
Code:
["sword_of_war", "Olvir's Sword", [("Sword52_Runesword",0),("Scabbard52", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_primary|itp_no_blur, itc_longsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 8960 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(7)|spd_rtng(92) | weapon_length(81)|swing_damage(28 , cut) | thrust_damage(22 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword],

You can see the differences - which arent many.
And it crashes???

(ignore the "imodbits_good_wep" vs "imodbits_sword" - I added the previous constant at the top of the source file to just allow good mods and not bad ones - it works fine, I tested it on a few vanilla entries)

Can anyone figure out why this is crashing???
Spent all night trying to figure this out.
Adding item directly into txt or source still crashes it.

its not a syntax error - i "fixed" it by removing all fac_kingdom_X calls in there.

which shouldnt be needed, because i should be able to add faction vendors to items.
if i remove them, it works fine.

so my thoughts are:
1) maybe having ALL factions added is redundant? if no faction is added, does the item already show up in all factions? so it might cause error because of that
2) maybe having TOO MANY factions added causes it to crash?

I havent tested yet with how many factions I can add to an item, but will do that and see.

UPDATE: So i tested an item with only 4 fac_kingdom_X attributes - and it works fine.
I also saw all the items in the shops, that didnt have any fac_kingdom_X on them at all - which implies that if you dont put any fac_kingdom_X calls on an item - they show up in ALL shops by default.
So there is no need to add fac_kingdom_X to items unless you want to RESTRICT them to certain factions.

Anyway - now that this is fixed - just wanted to comment so that anyone else having same problem can find the solution.

effemb said:
its not a syntax error - i "fixed" it by removing all fac_kingdom_X calls in there.

adding items outside the range is also a syntax error (that is how the compiler handles error messages). You should use WRECK if you want better feedback.

If you want help in the future feel free to visit the appropriate thread (linked above)

from the Q&A thread:

kalarhan said:
Sublime API: do you want to type code 10x as fast? Do you want inline help with operations? Then check out this link https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320675.0.html

WRECK: alternative compiler that will let you do very cool stuff with your code. Visit the official thread to learn more:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325102.0.html

Lav's version of modules (for native, 1.166): check out the header_operations.py and header_triggers.py. You can actually read and understand those numbers, instead of guessing what they do (Lav's has added comments to explain and organize that stuff!)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324874.0.html

Sublime+WRECK+Lav's header_operations.py = much happier modder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom