SP Fantasy [WB] Gothic - The second war

Users who are viewing this thread

Dankmar

Sergeant Knight at Arms
                                                                                                          Gothic  - The second war

Concept:

The basic idea of the mod is to use the backstory of the classic gothic games from piranha bytes, a german producer, and give the player the possibility to witnes them from a new perspective.
Im still working on the concept for the mod, so there will be changes. But the basic features will be the following.

1: 6 Factions - Southorcs, northorcs,  mercenarys from onar, kingdom of Myrthana, clans from nordmar and the assasins from the desert.
2: Two playable races humans and orcs.
3: A big world map with 3 clima zones.
4: A new balancing that makes armors and weapons way more expensive and importand.
5: All new models for the armors and weapons, you will see nothing based on existing stuff from m&b, everything will be made from scratch.

I would like to add stuff like dungeons as a way to optain the better weapons and armors. But sadly is this way above my possibilitys.

Screenshots

Assasin
1c97f8-1459359868.png

Leathercloth
863432-1459359456.png

Leatherarmor
ea7fbf-1459357321.png

Light armor from Myrthana
e3b91e-1459359222.png

Heavy Mercenary armor
9bd463eb43.jpg

Edit: Orcs are deletet for now, will post the new ones over the next days.

First of all, im sorry for the lack of post over the last days. The Warsword team needed a bit more stuff, and at the moment im working mostly on that.
But im happy that you guys like the idea,  and my work! I will rework the beginnerpost over the next days.. But until then here are at least some wip pictures from some stuff.

Mercenary Armor. (needs new fur)
bdfcf125c8.jpg

Basic concept of the Paladin Armor Tier2
733bdf749b.jpg

Minecrawler Armor. One of the best factionless armors... The Plates are Chitin from an big incect that lives in Caves. Still very mutch at the beginning.
8c80a29fa4.jpg

The World.
294857c186.jpg

Dankmar said:
First of all, im sorry for the lack of post over the last days. The Warsword team needed a bit more stuff, and at the moment im working mostly on that.
But im happy that you guys like the idea,  and my work! I will rework the beginnerpost over the next days.. But until then here are at least some wip pictures from some stuff.

Mercenary Armor. (needs new fur)
bdfcf125c8.jpg

Basic concept of the Paladin Armor Tier2
733bdf749b.jpg

Minecrawler Armor. One of the best factionless armors... The Plates are Chitin from an big incect that lives in Caves. Still very mutch at the beginning.
8c80a29fa4.jpg

The World.
294857c186.jpg

I'm really liking your work so far, can't wait to see even more content!

Got a suggestion for the world map though. What you could do is create a black image, lay the map of Myrtana over the black and draw around the map edges using white paint brush, then just fill in the space with white using paint bucket. You will have a basic flat heightmap of Myrtana. Next you could use a handy tool called EarthSculptor in order to create a realistic and defined terrain mesh after importing the height map. EarthSculptor allows for noise generation and lets you import your own realistic brushes to create better looking mountains. Then you just simply export the created map as a .OBJ and save it somewhere on the desktop, export the Native Warband map as a .OBJ using Swyter's Cartographer and whack them both into Wings3D just to get the size correct. After that you import your newly created Myrtana map into Swyter's Cartographer, export as a map text file and import into Thorgrim's Map Editor where you can move the towns around and edit biomes. :fruity: :wink:

Keep us updated!

Tyden said:
Hey man, any progress? :grin:

Sadly not. :smile:
I work for the warsword team as somewhat of an freelancer, and jeah they are quit close to the next update. Thats why i could not find any time for my own project over the last week.

But at the end that even has a good thing. I created a new bodymesh for the warsword orcs, wich should be perfect as base for the gothic ones, just needs some changes.. a bit fur here and there.

67c24f891a.jpg

Dankmar said:
Tyden said:

I work for the warsword team as somewhat of an freelancer, and jeah they are quit close to the next update. Thats why i could not find any time for my own project over the last week.

But at the end that even has a good thing. I created a new bodymesh for the warsword orcs, wich should be perfect as base for the gothic ones, just needs some changes.. a bit fur here and there.

67c24f891a.jpg

You know what Dankmar? This is some sexy stuff you're doing here. Seriously, how the heck do you make such advanced, beautiful models? I can make all kinds of different weapons, shields, helmets but never understood how to make armours, heads, bodies and how to actually UV map that crap. :razz:

Tyden said:
Dankmar said:
Tyden said:

67c24f891a.jpg

You know what Dankmar? This is some sexy stuff you're doing here. Seriously, how the heck do you make such advanced, beautiful models? I can make all kinds of different weapons, shields, helmets but never understood how to make armours, heads, bodies and how to actually UV map that crap. :razz:

Thanks man! But there are still many things i have to learn. :smile:
But here another small update.

Heavy Mercenary armor
9bd463eb43.jpg

The work of the last hour, after a week of no time at all. :smile:

Nordmarrmor

74e1d45cb2.jpg
ae047df79c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom