B Dark Ages Custom Sails collection: Share your Custom Sail here!

Users who are viewing this thread

I looked around and couldn't find this. Let's share our custom sails here.
wHY7fJc.jpg

Open this on paint.net and save as dds, stick it into your textures folder and call it vc_customsail,

Celticfury3 said:
kraggrim said:
Based on the Svear shield design:
7SfJK.jpg

DDS texture file download
How do you guys make these? Google images or OP design skillz?

If you're using the photoshop file provided with VC (should be in the module folder) then it's not hard to do at all, the layers are separated for you. And yeah you could probably get good images for adaptation just using google.

Surprised this topic went dead, we should seriously post more custom sails...

I wanted to ask a serious question though because I'm somewhat confused. How many custom sails can we actually have in-game?
I've follwed the instructions given by TW and you are supposed to replace the "vc_customsail" texture dds file with your own.
However there is only one such file available to replace. Does this mean you can only have one custom sail?

oorestis said:
Does this mean you can only have one custom sail?

I don't recall, so won't answer this particular point. However, I would like to point out that you can change any of the sails in the game. This feature was added as a "do it yourself, in quick steps, without in-depth modding know-how, and share with friends, sort of way". Cool feature to use on your main boat (flagship).

With some more work you can use OpenBRF, etc, and add/change any/all sails in the game. In case you want to learn about that, you can visit the Forge subforum.

Cheers

kalarhan said:
oorestis said:
Does this mean you can only have one custom sail?

I don't recall, so won't answer this particular point. However, I would like to point out that you can change any of the sails in the game. This feature was added as a "do it yourself, in quick steps, without in-depth modding know-how, and share with friends, sort of way". Cool feature to use on your main boat (flagship).

With some more work you can use OpenBRF, etc, and add/change any/all sails in the game. In case you want to learn about that, you can visit the Forge subforum.

Cheers

So from what I understand we are limited still to just replacing slots that are already in-game.
Thats disappointing, I was hoping we could add as much as we want. You mentioned a modding tutorial in the forge. If you could give a link that touches this specific topic it would help a lot since you must know about it better than me. If you don't wanna bother that's fine i'll look it up myself

I have a problem. I have created the custom sail i want, but for some reason the sail only shows in the cutscene when i greet AI on water and no where else in the game. However it doesnt matter who i greet on water it can be travelers, lords or bandits, in the small cutscene before fights or etc. I am able to see the sail i made behind the npc i'm talking to. What have i done wrong? I need help

I tried customizing my sail and now I am constantly getting the "Unable to open texture file" error. I followed the rules up until #3 about the brf and the bump and specular. I did open the file only to be welcomed with a giant wall of text and much confusion. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom