[Werewolf] Phonewolf: The Appening - Battery drained - Infected Apps win!

Users who are viewing this thread

zR2h6.jpg

App Store rushed back to the battlefield after putting out a quick plea for help on the landing screen, bringing the newly downloaded apps with him.

“Oh my… this looks like quite the motley crew you’ve brought back,” said Settings with a bit of hesitance, unsure of what to make of the recruits.

“Hey, it’s all I could get on such a short notice and it’s not like we have much time left. Do you want to wait around for more apps, hoping we don’t get deleted in the meantime?” quipped App Store.

“Guess not, let’s come up with our plan of attack,” replied Settings.

And so our heroes drew up their plans to counter the rogue, viruses-ridden Flappy Bird. Waze mapped out the routes each app would take to carry out the attack. Delta filled up its cargo hold with Angry Birds to airstrike the villain with once WhatsApp made the call. Pillboxie handed out painkillers in case anyone was to become wounded. ClearTune made sure every was in-tune with each other. Moose Math calculated how fast everyone would have to move in order to coordinate their attacks at the right times. Tinder prepared to distract the killer with clearly fake images of attractive women. Lumos was to light the way in the dark alleys of Applandia for MaybeBaby, who was hoping that the infected app would not attack a potentially unborn child, and Twinkle Touch, who was going to attempt to put the program to sleep with his boring children’s song. Fake Geiger Counter and Untitled were put on the front lines, given neither of them serve any particularly useful function as apps.

The apps struck swiftly and efficiently, giving Flappy Bird everything they got. While the virus was caught up in fighting Untitled and Geiger, it was pelted by a swarm of Angry Birds. Lumos fired off a couple of magic spells, but the rogue resisted them and fought back. As Untitled was on the brink of being deleted, Delta flew in and knocked Flappy off him, saving his life. As the battle raged on, the rest of the apps came in as backup and eventually subdued the villain, deleting him once and for all.

“Hurray!” cheered the apps. “Applandia has been saved!”

Or has it? During the celebrations, a cry was heard coming from App Store.

“Heeeeeelp! I’m being deleted! Ahhhhhhh-“ the cry was suddenly cut off.

By the time everyone got to him, there were no traces of the program left.

“Damn it!” yelled Settings, pounding his fist on the ground. “The virus must have spread and turned some of you evil! Unfortunately we are not able to bring in any backup this time because our only recruiter has been vanquished. Looks like we’ll have to decide amongst ourselves who should be deleted… “

The apps carefully watched one another, pointing fingers at each other and shouting accusations.

“Calm down guys, it looks like we are getting a text from Phonemelter! Maybe he will have an update for us?” relayed Messenger:

WPN68.jpg

“Unable to charge? Ugh, this is worse than I thought,” muttered Settings. “Looks like we will have to act quickly, lest the battery runs out and all of us are gone forever! So, who’s it going to be first?”

Special Mechanics
This game will have a couple different mechanics from the usual, usingthe Diffusion of Power setup.

Everyone is a Special
All innocents are either cops (VIGILANTES, in my speak - the cops I am around wield AKs) or doctors. The split of the 10 specials is either 4/6, 5/5, or 6/4, but I am not going to tell anyone aside from the wolves what the exact numbers are.

Everyone has a specific night they are assigned to
Each townie has a night they are assigned to and can ONLY perform their ability on that night. The specific nights were randomized for each person, so it is possible that nobody can act one night, but seven can use their abilities on the next. That means it is also possible for no cops / docs to be assigned to a given day and for there to be multiples that can assigned to a different day.

No Claiming
Complementary rule to the above mechanic. No one may claim a role besides basic innocent. Any claims will be severely punished by the host.

Win Condition Messages

Infected Apps: You win when the Phonemelter's phone runs out of battery (i.e. when the power-soaking infected apps outnumber the clean apps).
Good Apps: You win when the infected apps have been deleted.

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
  • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
  • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
  • Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  • Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  • Votes should be bolded and in the lime green color or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
  • Vote revocations should be bolded and in the lime green color or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded and lime greened correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
  • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
  • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  • Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 4th day of no activity.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

App List

1 - Lord Brutus (Pillboxie)
2 - Eternal (Tinder)
3 - Moose! (Moose Math)
4 - Xardob (Waze)
5 - Delta[K] (Delta)
6 - Vermillion Hawk (Angry Birds)
7 - Sir Magorien Maxihand (WhatsApp)
8 - Big McLarge Huge (ClearTune)
9 - Vieira (MaybeBaby)
10 - Twinkle QuailLover Sir Magorien (Twinkle Touch)
11 - MaHuD (Fake Geiger Counter)
12 - Lumos (Lumos)
13 - Untitled. (Untitled)

hd1gk.jpg
fEh4n.jpg
-q7w0.jpg
A2Bp9.jpg
mqW31.jpg
yKH6F.jpg
ypGO9.jpg
DMXaJ.jpg
Y4D2L.jpg
tWO4I.jpg
L8HD4.jpg
R_IGn.jpg
ajhn5.jpg
gxc3K.jpg

Day 1

Votecount #1
Votecount #2
Votecount #3
Votecount #4
Votecount #5
Votecount #6
Final Votecount
Lynch

Day 2

Dawn
Votecount #1
Votecount #2
Votecount #3
Votecount #4
Votecount #5
Votecount #6
Votecount #7
Final Votecount
Lynch

Day 3

Dawn
Votecount #1
Votecount #2
Final Votecount / Lynch

Normally I would start with a joke deletion, but in this case I will do the opposite...
Well, not completely the opposite. But you get the idea.

I vote to not delete Eternal, for his app and mine make a wonderful combination.  :fruity:

I has arrived! We must keep Eternal because Tinder is all about finding a girlfriend for Melter, which he needs desperately.

~Twinkle,  who could use one himself

Vieira said:
Normally I would start with a joke deletion, but in this case I will do the opposite...
Well, not completely the opposite. But you get the idea.

I vote to not delete Eternal, for his app and mine make a wonderful combination.  :fruity:
Does that mean you're doing the opposite of what you'll do when you're innocent?

Phonemelter said:
Everyone is a Special
All innocents are either cops or doctors. The split of the 10 specials is either 4/6, 5/5, or 6/4, but I am not going to tell anyone aside from the wolves what the exact numbers are.

Rules were copied and pasted from Xardob. There are no seers, but I might consider lifting the no claim rule in case the docs (or cops / wolves faking being docs) want to say they successfully protected someone during the night or the equivalent for cops. In fact, that might cause lots of chaos!

Back
Top Bottom