Author Topic: [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)  (Read 63461 times)

Alrek_Ragnarsson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: [Mod Tool] Tweaks & MS: +80 tweaks the easy way!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
Hello ! I got a question, is it possible to tweak multiplayer server this way ? Could I change values of weapons damage, bot stats or even change number of bots which spawn every round on "viking invasion" game ? Thank you for help.

sure, as long you use it to host the server. They did not released a dedicated MP source (like they have with the server files), but you can use the normal modules. I wrote a quick guide on modding VC, you can learn more there

Q&A mod VC:  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Thanks kalarhan ! I will look into it, even if I'm a total newbie !  :)
But here's another thing :) If I manage to tweak apply these changes to my server, will those work when other players join to the server ? Or would they have to somehow download tweaked files to play on it ? thanks !

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 01:00:43 PM »
If I manage to tweak apply these changes to my server, will those work when other players join to the server ?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:52:34 PM by kalarhan »

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 08:40:17 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:52:03 PM by kalarhan »

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 09:51:28 PM »
Update/News:

Devs have released the game code (called modules) and the restrictions/permission of use!

There are no changes on the APP, so if you are already using it there is no need to re-download it.

It is compatible with VC RE 2.023 (official version/latest)

Github is now available!

Bombadier

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/2.023)
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »
Following the readme instructions I have reached the point where you open the 'complied' folder, but I don't have any scripts, all I can see is a .gitignore, where have I gone wrong?

Cheers

P.s. On the first page there are two download links, is either suitable or do I need both?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:17:44 PM by Bombadier »

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 04:30:50 PM »
Strange. Did the compiler run properly? The bit on page 4 of the pdf,  "Apply your changes".

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:17:48 PM by kalarhan »

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 03:13:59 PM »
Update:

About the Github page and download: last 4 days we got ~200 downloads. I will keep this format for any future releases, as it seems to be working well.

Tordiato

• Sergeant
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 09:12:29 PM »
First of all thanks a lot kalarhan!! I appreciate your work! :-) and I absolutely love your mods!

Now I would like to give you some suggestions what to add (from Tweaks for Viking Conquest thread), as I didn't find it in your mod yet (not even in tweaks_not_implemented file) and I'd like to use it with your mod ;-)

1. "Change the morale penalty on "Claim Loot First" if you are a bastard greedy thief" (preferably for all options, not just claim loot first)
Link to old tweak: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7752212.html#msg7752212

2. Tournament bets - change the amount of money you can bet (ideally for all options)
3. Max level of skills - change the value to higher/lower than default 10
Link to old tweak: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg7781650.html#msg7781650

I'm using font from AD 1257. Download here: AD_1257_Font_Files

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 11:50:30 PM »
some suggestions

1. This one needs two variables, one to control the bonus/penalty base value, another for the penalty cap (currently -40).
2. Easy enough, surprised you even do tournaments hehe.
3. Party skills are not worth as they stop at 14 anyway (10+4), can be used for non party skills like power strike tho. But then you need to have 22+ in a stat, which is not easy/usually possible in VC ... so how are you gonna use this?

If you volunteer to test the changes I will push a version for this. Next public update is planned only to update the code to 2.024+ when we get the next beta.

Tordiato

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 03:15:21 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Well forget about the 3rd one then, but I would really love to have the 1st and 2nd suggestions included, as I'm really a greedy king  :twisted: and yes, I do&love tournaments (easy money) :P

btw. yes, I'm willing to test it. I didn't play M&B for some time and I miss drinking blood from enemies' skulls!  :twisted:

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
Well forget about the 3rd one then
open file module_skills.py
Code: [Select]
("trade","Trade",sf_base_att_cha|sf_effects_party,10,"Every level of this skill reduces your trade penalty by 5%%. (Party skill)"),The 10 in there is the limit. Change any skill you want (don't raise over 15), I wouldn't touch sea-king or any party skill. Save and use the normal run_app.bat to compile code.

but I would really love to have the 1st and 2nd suggestions included
Pushed to Github on branch new_tweaks_for_1.1
Direct download link for testing: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/archive/new_tweaks_for_1.1.zip

1) Battles: new tweak for morale from sharing loot. Can increase bonus and limit penalty.
2) Misc: new tweak for tournament bet. Can increase value.

Test:
1) How morale is working from the loot (remember you won't get any if you are at the cap)
2) Bets balance (getting 30-50k in a tournament may be OP lol), and if menu options are working as expected.
--> I don't plan to tweak the reward, as its the modder/player decision how much he wants to increase it (keep as it is 1x, or put it 100x higher).

Tordiato

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Test:
1) How morale is working from the loot (remember you won't get any if you are at the cap)
2) Bets balance (getting 30-50k in a tournament may be OP lol), and if menu options are working as expected.
--> I don't plan to tweak the reward, as its the modder/player decision how much he wants to increase it (keep as it is 1x, or put it 100x higher).

1) I was able to test it and it works as intended. Nothing wrong there (at least I didn't find anything wrong).
2) I didn't get a chance to get into any tournament yet, but I guess it will work fine (I believe in your modding skillz  :twisted:) but I will test it when I get a chance ;-)

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »
1) I was able to test it and it works as intended. Nothing wrong there (at least I didn't find anything wrong).
2) I didn't get a chance to get into any tournament yet, but I guess it will work fine (I believe in your modding skillz  :twisted:) but I will test it when I get a chance ;-)

thx for the update. Next version for VC is still not on beta, so no hurry.

Just for a reference: It took me ~3hours to write the APP (organize code, include all the tweaks, etc), and ~6hours of just testing it (to make sure they were actually working). Add to that all the testing done by @kraggrim and you can see how testing takes time :XD

In comparison: 10 min to add this new tweaks, with 5min of testing  :P, so your feedback will be important before I decide to push them with 1.1

Tordiato

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 07:40:43 PM »
(click to show/hide)
Yeah, I can see it takes a lot of time. Welp it took me long than it should simply because I'm not playing eveyday and I started a new game, so I didn't see any tournaments. But I had the chance to test "the bastard greedy thief tweak" immediately (which I absolutely love, as I got no time to run around for ingame months to get money and stuff I want).

Well, I had some tough fight in Rich Tournament against Northmen :D and it also works as intended (it doesn't even surprise me tbh)
Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Just one thing - game was crashing from time to time for me lately (didn't happen before). I'm not sure what's the issue (if it's related to your tweaks or not).
I did a fresh install of the game yesterday and applied your tweaks, nothing else was done ( + except for font change )

rgl_log.txt
(click to show/hide)

tweaks.py
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:58:41 PM by Tordiato »