[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan

Python Saint
Count
Final News Update:

Bannerlord SP is not out (EA, but still ...), so 1.2 is now officially the last version for this tool

download count: ~45,000 (from the early days/versions to today)

Anyone still using this (directly or with submods): happy raiding!

See you guys on Bannerlord.

Download: CLICK HERE FOR ZIP FILE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VC Tweaks Tool

Compatible with VC 2.036+
No bugs reported with 1.2.
The base game was updated to 2.05+. Warband was also updated to 1.17x.

FAQ:
1) Can I update my game (Warband) to 1.174+ ?
Answer: yes

2) Can I use Tweaks Tool 1.2 with the latest Warband ?
Answer: yes

3) Which VC bugs are not fixed ?
Answer: check the DLC patch notes for future updates. The tool is based on VC 2.036, so any fixes up to this point are included.

4) What happens if I apply the Tweaks Tool 1.2 on a VC 2.036+ folder, like VC 2.050?
Answer: you will create a tweaked version of VC 2.036, which works just fine. You will use any new scenes, sounds, etc (assets), graphic fixes, that are not affected by this tool. This tool only operates on game features, not the visual/graphics/sounds/shaders... you will be missing any gameplay bug fixes of the vanilla game after 2.036.

Instructions: unzip and read the file README.PDF

Permissions:
- This tool is under the same restrictions as the released modules from the devs.
- Personal use: you can use it, modify it, etc
- Public/sharing: you are free to share the source and txt files on this forum
- We do not ask for credit if you release a submod, but we will appreciate if you send us any new tweaks

Credits: @kalarhan and @kraggrim + all the members that posted tweaks on the official thread

- Github: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool
- Release: https://github.com/KalarhanWB/VC_Tweaks_Tool/releases/latest

Number of Tweaks: +80. You can see the list on the file tweaks.py. Recommended on sandbox mode only.

Last edited:
Wow I just started playing video games again after ~1 year absence.  Being away from the forum for so long makes modding difficult.  I was poring over threads looking for new tweaks and then you made this!  INcredible.  If only such genius was made available years 2009-2015, when fools like me were still doing this manually  :grin:

Hey, I am not getting anything in the "compiled" folder. I'm following the instructions. Making the tweaks, running the init file and then the run app batch file but I'm not getting anything. (Command window flashes open close but that's it.) I ran everything as administrator to no avail. Any suggestions?

Hello ! I got a question, is it possible to tweak multiplayer server this way ? Could I change values of weapons damage, bot stats or even change number of bots which spawn every round on "viking invasion" game ? Thank you for help.

Alrek_Ragnarsson said:
Hello ! I got a question, is it possible to tweak multiplayer server this way ? Could I change values of weapons damage, bot stats or even change number of bots which spawn every round on "viking invasion" game ? Thank you for help.

sure, as long you use it to host the server. They did not released a dedicated MP source (like they have with the server files), but you can use the normal modules. I wrote a quick guide on modding VC, you can learn more there

Q&A mod VC:  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Hey, I am not getting anything in the "compiled" folder. I'm following the instructions. Making the tweaks, running the init file and then the run app batch file but I'm not getting anything. (Command window flashes open close but that's it.) I ran everything as administrator to no avail. Any suggestions?

Did you change your module_info.py to point to your mod folder? If so, the files are already there  :smile:.

If not: run the app using a terminal/bash

on Windows 7/8/10:

1) Windows Key + R
2) Type "cmd" and hit enter
3) Go to your folder. Example: "cd c:\my_app"
4) run the app, type: "run_app.bat" and hit enter

I did after a few attempts but I don't get an override question and no files were generated in the compiled folder berfore that. I'll try through the console when I'm back on my rig.

As usual, Ty for your help.  :mrgreen:

PS: Can I edit the troops module safely to lower their lvl or will that cause some issues?

DrunkenFrenchman said:
PS: Can I edit the troops module safely to lower their lvl or will that cause some issues?

you can modify anything you want, just keep in mind that it will affect the game in many ways.

Troops level is used to control the "tier" of a unit, which is then used for XP, wages, recruiting, limit training (town/refuge), and so on.

It is best to edit the skills/stats and not the troop level.

Check my Q&A modding thread if you need more info.

The main reasons I wanted to lower the level was

1. I wanted the trainer skill to be more useful. Currently its annoying how long it takes to train a good group of men and its practically impossible to recruit high level soldiers despite having rich fiefs.

2. I wanted it to be easier to recruit higher tiered soldiers from settlements with which you have good relations. (To make rich fiefs more valuable and give me cause to waste men to defend it) Rn, they aren't worth the hasstle so I just recruit Northmenn and raid.

3. Slightly lower wages and upgrade costs (They would have looted most of the equipment in the day, including mail) to make it a more natural progression. The range also means that as your character grows, the quality of his men will to which makes sense (Better fighters would have sought a worthy lord)

So if I make lowest level lvl 6, freeholders lvl 10, T1 lvl 14, T2 lvl 18, T3 lvl 23, S1 lvl 12, Mrksmn lvl 16, should I expect major issues? I don't want to make the troops weaker, simply have them on a similar scale to my companions and player char.

again, you can do it, but it is the wrong way to tackle the problem. You should change how the game does those things, and not the the troops level  :smile:. Results will not be what you are expecting.

You can visit the Q&A mod thread if you want to learn how to do it, this one is just this tool.

You can also visit the Tweaks thread to check on small changes and see if someone can help you with those (if you are not willing to do them yourself).

Cheers

Hey I tried using the cmd window but run into this error when I enter run_app.bat.

'run_app.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Tried running it in cmd /d as well but that didn't help.

EDIT: I think I might have figured it out. VC and the tweaker are installed on my D: drive while my python is on my C: SSD.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
'run_app.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

That is a issue on your Windows installation, check which version you are using (win7, 8, 10... 32 or 64 bits, etc) and search the web.

The first bat just copies a file and opens another bat (normal compiler), no tricks there hehe

and make sure you are running on admin mode (with permission to execute files)

ps.:
  you need that working if you ever want to mod VC (it uses the same compiler...),
or rewrite the process in Python and execute it (also works),
or install a decent bash (I use Git Shell), you probably could use PowerShell

kalarhan said:
Alrek_Ragnarsson said:

sure, as long you use it to host the server. They did not released a dedicated MP source (like they have with the server files), but you can use the normal modules. I wrote a quick guide on modding VC, you can learn more there

Q&A mod VC:  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Thanks kalarhan ! I will look into it, even if I'm a total newbie !  :smile:
But here's another thing :smile: If I manage to tweak apply these changes to my server, will those work when other players join to the server ? Or would they have to somehow download tweaked files to play on it ? thanks !

Alrek_Ragnarsson said:
If I manage to tweak apply these changes to my server, will those work when other players join to the server ?

some changes are server side only. Usually things related to pure configuration, a new map/scene (players will only download that), etc are fine.

you will need to check a dedicated guide on MP modding (I don't do that in particular), and test them as you go.

Keep a eye for the official modules release, as you will need it to create your installer later on.

Remember you can have multiple copies of Warband on your computer, and use one of them to "host the server" and the other(s) to play as the client/player, so you can test the MP changes.

Good luck and have fun modding!

Update/News:

Downloads:    300+
New Tweaks:  none was posted/requested on the official thread, so nothing to add at this time.
Bugs:              no reports
Next version:  update for game version 2.024+ once devs released it

Update/News:

Devs have released the game code (called modules) and the restrictions/permission of use!

There are no changes on the APP, so if you are already using it there is no need to re-download it.

It is compatible with VC RE 2.023 (official version/latest)

Github is now available!

Following the readme instructions I have reached the point where you open the 'complied' folder, but I don't have any scripts, all I can see is a .gitignore, where have I gone wrong?

Cheers

P.s. On the first page there are two download links, is either suitable or do I need both?

Back
Top Bottom