SP Dark Ages [VC][Submod] Outlaws Expanded (second test version released) -DEAD for now-

Users who are viewing this thread

@DrunkenFrenchman Yep keep the suggestions coming, there's limits to what I can implement but there's no harm in hearing them :smile:.

@Petro Yeah :grin:, my first modding was helping out with his repolished mod, so a little reference to that.

Changes for next version (not uploaded yet):
-Added visiting mercs to lairs.
--Includes cantabrians and asturians.
--Looter mercs with randomised equipment (cheap but variable, I love these guys).
-Lair recruiters usually give lower-tier troops now, chance of higher tier guys.
-You lose relation with a faction when your created bandits attack them.
-Tweaked ship-stealing mission, now toggle ship between sailing/landing mode.
--Can use this to have your men bring it back if you fall off in the escape.
-Integrated my extra painted Pictish armours.
_jEqJ.jpg
enUEj.jpg

I'm really enjoying this; it opens up a whole new facet of the game.
I do have a couple of suggestions: first would be allowing the player to decide if they want to keep and own a bandit lair after conquering it or if they want to temporarily destroy it like normal. If, for example, someone wanted to become a Northumbrian lord they could destroy the bandit lairs around Northumbria (and increase relations with a lord for destroy bandit lari quests) like normal but still own lairs and support bandits that are operating against neighboring factions.
Secondly would be to have some limits or prerequisites on owning bandit lairs. Maybe the player can control one bandit lair for every point of leadership and one for every 100 renown; just some mechanism to prevent a player from starting the game by going around and capturing/owning every bandit lair before reaching level 3.

Good suggestions, thank you. I may eventually rework the system to have some sort of tax efficiency equivalent, but a simpler restriction system is probably best for now.

Sir Mordred said:
I'm really enjoying this; it opens up a whole new facet of the game.
I do have a couple of suggestions: first would be allowing the player to decide if they want to keep and own a bandit lair after conquering it or if they want to temporarily destroy it like normal. If, for example, someone wanted to become a Northumbrian lord they could destroy the bandit lairs around Northumbria (and increase relations with a lord for destroy bandit lari quests) like normal but still own lairs and support bandits that are operating against neighboring factions.
Secondly would be to have some limits or prerequisites on owning bandit lairs. Maybe the player can control one bandit lair for every point of leadership and one for every 100 renown; just some mechanism to prevent a player from starting the game by going around and capturing/owning every bandit lair before reaching level 3.

Hey this is a really neat concept, nice work! Looks awesome.

I wanted to comment that after reading what Sir Mordred said, sounds like this could be OP at taking down other nations. Perhaps maybe a limit to the number of bandit parties you can have, so that one cannot swamp a faction with bandits and then move in for the kill with their kingdom troops. idk just a thought

I really want to try this soon as it sounds fun, just been nose deep in my own little project

Cheers

Not for now I'm afraid. I'd like to come back to it at some point but I'm not feeling like dealing with the frustration of coding these days.

If anyone wants the ms files to use any bits of code for their own mod then let me know and I'll upload them

No progress, sorry. Still too lazy to go back to trying coding. Tbh I've got various other things I want to do, so dunno if I'll get back to this.

Back
Top Bottom