Author Topic: [SP][Submod] Outlaws Expanded (second test version released) -DEAD for now-  (Read 18443 times)

krisvk

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WBWF&SNW
Re: [SP] Outlaws Expanded (under construction)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »
Ooh this is nice! (I have no ideas at all though)

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Re: [SP] Outlaws Expanded (under construction)
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 11:12:32 PM »
-see first post--
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:07:18 AM by kraggrim »

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: [SP] Outlaws Expanded (test version released)
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 10:46:57 PM »
You want us to post bugs/notes on here or not?

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 01:33:45 AM »
Yep, post them here please.

For next version fixed opcode error and implemented using infamy to have your created bandit parties accompany you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:50:30 AM by kraggrim »

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 05:24:38 AM »
I have an altered itemkinds1.txt I use, does your mod change anything in that file?

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »
It doesn't, so you could probably copy everything but the itemkinds file over.  I should also point out that this mod requires starting a new game.

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
Ok thanks, that was my next question.

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 05:25:30 AM »
So i'll start by saying great job, I haven't explored everything (just started new game) but so far i'm pleasantly surprised.

However I did run into a bug when talking to my player faction bandit parties. I immediately went from 90 to -3 relations with my own faction meaning I was hunted by my own bandits. I was hoping I could order them to follow me for a little to attack a caravan together.

Quick note, balance is a little off. Revenue from parties seems good but the purse of the bandit lairs is too big imo, allowing for huge payoff from selling all the worthless junk. Never thought I'd complain about having too much money...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:29:46 AM by DrunkenFrenchman »

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:46 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot to note that bug. I already implemented a follow option for next version which should also fix that:
(click to show/hide)

The lair merchant should only get more money once a week (and if you travel to a different lair, because they all technically share the same merchant). I was hoping that would balance it, but how much less do you think he should have?

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:14 PM »
Yeah its not as unbalanced as I thought because you still have to invest quite a bit in increasing the size of the bandit parteis for them to be of any use but I would still argue that if you gave the merchant 2/3 of what he has it would play better.

I would also say that lowering the recruitment price should be done at the same time. Rn, it simply isn't worth it to pay over 500 gold for a elite dane without a helmet who's going to cost me 87 gold per week on top of that.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
The merchant money has been lowered. Should be easy to lower recruitment prices a bit, currently it used the tavern mercenary price calculation so probably is too high.

How about the 'infamy' score mechanic, is that working out? It's supposed to kinda like renown, but bandits only care how much pillaging of soft targets you've done lately (they don't care about your past deeds or tough battles). So I set it to build through that and fluctuate through recruitment etc.

Currently working on a mission to steal a ship from a slaver landing. Trying to replace that part of the storyline where you get the first ship so player's can start sailing about earlier (plus you might have pissed off every town in the region pretty quickly). What kind of ship do you guys think is suitable? In the story it's a snekka (27 capacity), but that's a pretty expensive ship for early on, so I'm unsure.

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »
What kind of ship do you guys think is suitable? In the story it's a snekka (27 capacity), but that's a pretty expensive ship for early on, so I'm unsure.

Well you could make the ship meta-gaming more dynamic by increasing the damage they take, the chance you lose ships in battle, and at the same time the chance of capturing one.

That way you can start with a small like a Knorr and raid fishers/small traders and form a fleet. Normal (vanilla) game rules make that too hard, so you are kind stuck with "buying them".

You could keep the good quality (oak) as a exclusive item from crafting (expensive) and harder to sink... as a more middle-endgame goal.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:23 PM »
I like that idea, but it'll be another element to balance. I'll file it away for the future.

DrunkenFrenchman

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 03:43:58 AM »
Well I think a Knorr (12 knots, 39 men) is a good starter. It offers a larger party and you can easily explain it in the story becuase those ships were very popular trading vessels because of their wider berth, making them more numerous and easier to capture (No need to fend off 30 sword danes)

Haven't had the time to explore the infamy mechanic yet, I'll let you know.

FYI, going to throw my grain of salt out there because that's what I do with most of my time on this forum. Once you are done with the outlaw path, You should try making a "become a lord's companion" path. Freelancer at first and then become lords companion until he offers you to lead some of his men in a small party. Kindof like mercenary but you need his trust (and you use his men). Not quite sure how you would implement it but had a brain fart and felt the need to share it. Feel free to disregard entirely.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 05:38:00 AM »
Probably not something I'd try to make (never been too enthusiastic about freelancer myelf) , but you should post it in kalarhan's mod suggestions thread.

Finally got all the slaver ship landings sorted. will probably upload a second test version tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:07:39 AM by kraggrim »