SP Dark Ages [VC][Submod] Outlaws Expanded (second test version released) -DEAD for now-

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim

Marquis
Outlaws Expanded (second test version released)
V5fIC.jpg

A small mod that will attempt to give a few new options and gameplay for bandit players. Hopefully it will make playing as a bandit a little more interesting, and maybe more viable in the long term.

Probably not story-mode compatible as player-created bandit parties could easily interfere with story elements.

Cheers to
kalarhan for help with bugfixing and advice.
Drunkenfrenchman for suggestions.

Features
Green ones I have successfully implemented (though they may not yet be in the latest upload). The others will be attempted, some I have currently no idea how to do.

#-Allow the player to join any fight between two parties but:
#--Lose relation with those you attack. So a chance to become neutral to bandits at the expense of others.
#--Minimum +1 relation gain after successfully helping in a fight.

#-Bandit lair access dependent on different bandit faction relation (not honour/reputation).

-Disable bandit factions losing relation if they are the aggressor when attacking you.
-Allow bandits to aid in fight if relation is high enough.

#-An actual scene for visiting bandit lairs, with slave-trader, merchant, recruiter. (see header image).
--Different one for each lair-type?

#-Bandit merchants to refresh when visiting different lairs (plus a weekly trigger), force player to move around.
#--Bandit merchants to stock some crappy gear.

#-Gain an outlaw 'score' from raiding villages/caravans, lots from devastating walled centres.
#--monasteries

#--Spend that score recruiting bandits from lairs.

UDS47.jpg

-Lose score when performing legitimate actions like completing quests and buying farmsteads.

-Invest in unowned but friendly lairs to increase number of spawned parties

#Have trader caravans show on map for a short time by freeing captured caravan masters
--need spend score.

-High bandit relations/score reduces relation with legitimate factions, similar to religious relation-loss trigger.

-Mission to steal first ship.

-Steal a ship from a coastal town?

-Remake bandit troops trees/templates to allow for upgrading to top level, but reduce elite troops overall.

-New bandit troop/party/lair types, eg Svear lair, Renegade Fianna lair. (post suggestions please)
--Pictish raiders (integrate my extra painted bodies),
2_0ii.jpg
enUEj.jpg

-Villages defended by faction troops rather than generic farmers for more challenging/interesting raiding

-Visitng mercenaries at lairs to recruit, eg Cantabrians,
ship captains, bandit leaders, slaver cheifs. (post suggestions).

-Maybe do some of this for Slaver/Manhunter and Deserter factions?

-maybe rebalance ship-capturing

#-Odin Cave will be occupied by Svear vikings after you clear it, can hire them and buy scale armour.
eyNnE.jpg

Players can take control of bandit lairs after clearing them, enabling the following options:

-#Allow players to fund the creation of bandit parties. If these parties defeat another party it gives them gold calculated by the enemy's strength. They then travel back to the lair and the gold is given to the player.
#--Triple gold from caravans.
#--Also deposit prisoners.
#--Spend score to have these parties accompany you (won't join sieges, too dangerous!).

-Invest in lairs to:
--Increase size of spawned parties
--Quality of spawned parties
--Add smith, doctor, priest, happy-widow.

#-Rest safely at lairs.
--Rest unsafely, but with siege scene and garrison help similar to player refuge?

#-Store troops and prisoners at lairs
--Currently no wages paid for these, needs fixing.

--Spend score/money to relocate lairs.

Mostly I'm making this topic at this early point so people can give suggestions. So feel free to post ideas for features, troops, parties, lairs, etc. My coding is pretty basic so complex ones may have to wait for the future.

Here's the second test version (24/03/16) for download:
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/EmPYdRVl/file.html

Copy your VC 2.023 module folder, rename it and overwrite with these files.

Try:
Raid villages/caravans/monasteries to earn 'infamy' then spend it recruiting bandits from lairs.
Engaging the Pictish raiders (should be near Farmland special location).
Clearing then revisiting Odin's Cave.
Releasing a caravan master to reveal other nearby caravans (requires 2 infamy) using the dialog option.
Create bandit parties from owned lairs (bring you money and prisoners). Pay to upgrade their party size.
Have these parties follow you using infamy.
Ship-stealing mission.

Changelog for second version
Ship-stealing mission implemented (no restrictions for now).
Created parties can be ordered to follow you.
Ship bandit parties now recruitable.
Opcode errors when your bandits fight fixed.
Created bandits now have ships icons when on water.
Lair bandit recruit cost halved
Bandit merchant money halved
No more relation loss from talking to your created bandit parties.

Bugs/notes
-Requires starting a new game.
-All lairs are visible from the start for testing purposes.
-Pay no wages for troops stored at lairs.
-Ship stealing can be done multiple times.

You are permitted to use the following resources, you only need to give credit to me (OSP):
Source Code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8...Xzg/view?resourcekey=0-4sc4mbwwFabKHBS02nyXGQ
Scene files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o78x9HqYKJbgQQ1R_bmVrT7d4V3S2G-g/view

Last edited by a moderator:
kalarhan said:
Cool, I will keep a eye for updates  :smile:

(we need a subforum for mods lol, under development and released ones)
Such a subforum will probably be created when we see some mods appear. Not too many of those as of yet!

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Will there be a way to make this compatible with the sword and shield mod?

Looks great btw, I'll keep and eye out.

ask that modder if he is gonna release a modules version (not just the text files) in the future, otherwise you can't merge mods

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Will there be a way to make this compatible with the sword and shield mod?

As kalarhan said, it's not possible unless kale3 remakes his mod using the mod source. But if others want to include this mod in theirs I don't think it'll be a problem.

Would people still want the options to attack the special dungeons (strange ruins, Odin's Cave)?  I currently have it set so once you clear the existing bandits Odin's Cave is occupied by Svear vikings. You can then hire them and buy scale armour. Dunno, maybe there's something more interesting I could do with it.

kraggrim said:
Would people still want the options to attack the special dungeons (strange ruins, Odin's Cave)?  I currently have it set so once you clear the existing bandits Odin's Cave is occupied by Svear vikings. You can then hire them and buy scale armour. Dunno, maybe there's something more interesting I could do with it.

So this is pretty far fetched but maybe allow the player to start their own bandit faction and capturing those allows opening additional lairs to raid the area. Player get %age of loot earned from his bandit minions.

Hmm, could be possible. Have an existing but disabled spawn point in the area, enable it after it's cleared. Have it spawn parties aligned to the player_supporters faction.

Odins' Cave and most of the special locations aren't great for that though, they're so far out of the way your guys wouldn't get much action. The strange ruins and farmland locations would work, maybe stone row too. I could always move the other ones to a more central location, or allow 'clearing' of previously non-hostile locations like the ancient stones in Wales.

Could also maybe allow the player to seize control of the normal lairs by clearing them, then pay for your own parties to spawn there. I'm not sure how I'd handle them gathering profits. Should be possible in some way though.

Ok, implemented the feature that allows players to fund the cration of bandit parties. If these parties defeat another party it gives them gold calculated by the enemy's strength. They then travel back to the lair and the gold is given to the player.

Balancing this is going to be a pain...

Wow that sounds fantastic. Expected you to explain to me how that can't be done :razz:

For balancing maybe add a monthly upkeep per outpost to make it worthwhile to concentrate on one area and expand progressively rather than rushing to clear all of them?

EDIT: Could you also add the need to assign a companion as "manager" similar to a minister while also having him act as a larger bandit party (kindof like a lord but with less funding) Have the tradeoff be a strong ally but at the cost of a share of the profits to fund you companion.

SECOND EDIT: (Feeling inspired) Additionally, maybe assigned companion trade skill = more revenue (can sell to fences for better price) while leadership = better troops?

Upkeep is probably possible, for outposts and/or created parties. Would have to see how it balanced out.

I'm not sure about needing a companion as minister. Seems a bit too organised/bureaucratic for a bandit king. I like the idea of having a companion lead a larger bandit party though.

I may need to change the name of this to Outlaw King or something. When I started it was just going to add a ransom broker and improved merchant, maybe bandit recruitment. The scope has expanded a bit since then.

kraggrim said:
I'm not sure about needing a companion as minister.

how about call him a quartermaster, pirate style  :mrgreen:, responsible for buying food and selling goods (contraband), so you don't need to sneak inside towns yourself

It does sound better with that title :grin:. I could see about using some of the old supply wagon code (was that from Brytenwalda originally or OSP?), send him off to town to sell accumulated prisoners and abstracted goods.

Edit: Would anyone want to do a bit of playtesting? It's in a playable state atm (as far as I can tell, no game breaking bugs), needs balancing.Actually as far as I know the VC team hasn't given permission for mods made using the preview MS to be distributed, so I'll have to wait.

Actually as far as I know the VC team hasn't given permission for mods made using the preview MS to be distributed, so I'll have to wait. But thank you for the offer, I appreciate it :smile:.

kraggrim said:
Actually as far as I know the VC team hasn't given permission for mods made using the preview MS to be distributed, so I'll have to wait. But thank you for the offer, I appreciate it :smile:.

you can offer the text files, just hold on the modules (source)  :smile:

Yep, post them here please.

For next version fixed opcode error and implemented using infamy to have your created bandit parties accompany you.

Back
Top Bottom