VC Reforged Mods: Design your own features!

Users who are viewing this thread

1. A) A companion/hero random generator for sandbox that is unlimited: walk into a tavern or walk through towns to find random generated heroes/companions totally unique to that play through. 
    B) Seed generated worlds: a seed generator for complete worlds for playing sandbox, not just a section of Europe. You can set the max number of spawned fiefs/towns/factions/leaders ect

2. A drop down (or expand) menu for companions/heroes in your army: instead of a list with each individual name in your army your "heroes/companions" take up a single combined slot in your army with a simple "Companions/Heroes 2/5 (healthy)" vs "each individual name 85%". If you want to find the individual % health you can find them in camp.

3. Min troop requirements for villages and siege also apply to the enemy

4. Inventory management for companions same as player: Click "I" for inventory and then click "scroll right" or "scroll left" to cycle through every companion currently in your party

5. Mass "upgrade all gear" option for hero/companions/self + option to "upgrade companion/heroes gear" and then select the desired companion

6. Upgrade fiefs/castle structures: fief can be upgraded with a fort, forts close enough to the sea can be upgraded to port, defenses/fort styles can be upgraded to a large city, ect. Razing will reduce level of city and will have to be built back up or abandoned

7. Mercenary upgrade for towns which will (once upgraded) sell all available mercenaries in the game in single location; one of each mercenary group would be standing in room and would either say "sorry, everyone has been hired!" or "You're in luck, there are ___ veterans looking for work!" Random generated heroes/companions would also be found here.

8. Random generated small dungeons for only yourself and your companions that will generate random unique named top tier gear that disappear off map once completed

9. Every fief/town/ect you lend to a noble that noble has to pay rent on and the rent will impact their affection towards you weekly just as the tax rate does on a city

10. "Find me this item!" request from stores. The ability to ask a store owner to order in ANY item in the game. You will pay a fee for having it brought to the store and the cost of the item. You will be informed when it is delivered.

I have more but for the sake of this post getting too long I'll stop at 10!

Hi

My idea is to "delete" showing  the world map and the player goes from scene to scene like in "The Elder Scroll"!!
The world map would be using unless by clicking on a key for example "G" or an other one...

Bye.

A Charlemagne mod that would totally convert Viking Conquest would be interesting, he died only 54 years before Viking Conquest takes place.

Making stats of armors and weapons more realistic. I have done this and it feels a bit more realistic, still tweaking on the values though.

1: Reduce maximum power strike to 5, do the same to all troops.

2: Increase armor soak and reduction values. Here are my current values:
armor_soak_factor_against_cut = 1.35
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce = 0.75
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt = 0.85

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut = 1.35
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce = 0.65
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt = 0.95

3: Increase stats of weapons and armor. An unarmored man should be easy to cut through, mail should not. I'm not even sure what the original values was anymore but currently in my files it looks like this, examples:

Saxon Long Gambeson
Body armor: 45
Leg armor: 22

Noble Norse Hringserks
Body armor: 85
Leg armor: 30

Hersir helm
Head armor: 70

Hand axe
Pierce: 23

Long hand axe
Pierce: 28

Hersir axe (new item)
Pierce: 32

Dane axe (new item)
Pierce: 45
Pierce: 22

Ulfberht sword
Cut: 37
Pierce: 33

Goidelic noble long sword
Cut: 39
Pierce: 18

Goidelic champion sword
Cut: 46
Pierce: 22

War spear
Cut: 18
Pierce: 39

Autoloot. Please for the love of all the things.

Make Morrigan into the claimant for Aileach instead of Aed's son. Make it a fork at her parting dialog. Adapt her seduction dialog minigame to you persuading her that Aed also needs to answer for her family, not just Mael Bresail. Giving her the Cathach and telling her recovering it is a sign of God's favor on her claim should help persuade her. Ideally have a fork to make her the claimant and a different fork for her to marry you and you rule as King Consort (where both the marriage and the Cathach would increase your RTR).

1. Ability to gift fiefs to other factions. Would give 10 relations with faction and king.
[This would add so much to the game imo. You could help shape the world with aiding different kingdoms]

2. Amount of fiefs gives your vassals weekly relation boost. Boost would depend on lords personality.
[Now the vassal relation deterioration is very annoying and unrealistic.
If a lord has a lot of land(more than he could ever have in any other faction) and doesn't have any quarrels within the faction, his relations shouldn't drop by HUGE amounts randomly like they do now. This feature would be a counter measure]

3. Ability to take away single fiefs from vassals. Would cause HUGE relation drop which could be reduced by negotiating with the vassal rather than taking it by command.
[Very useful when you want to make changes in your land sharing. Much better option than starting all over from a savegame 1000 days back and reconquer everything or dispose a loyal vassal... Would come at a cost but a one that would make sense]

4. Be able to give 10k coins to a merchant to save an item for you. Whenever he gets that item for sale, he will keep it for you to be able to buy it whenever. He won't keep it for more than a month tho.

5. "Let you troops assault while you stay back" option to give more realistic results. Still a few casualties more than with you in the battle, but way less than now. Would be a good way to skip boring bandit fights.(casualties would depend on your best companions leadership skill)
[I get 0 casualties when I join battle and let my troops just charge but 20 norse bodyguards die when i stay back.... in the same fight. Right now this option is out of question for any fight, even against 5 ruffians with 200 bodyguards]

6. Be able to kill lords and kings
[speaks for itself]

7. Lords "wait in line" in your hall for only 1 week before they go to another place(kingdom).
[I hate having 10 quarrelsome lords constantly in my hall annoying my wife. But talking to them is no option because that would cause huge relation drops all over the world. Crappy feature if you ask me.]

The Ui neill factions (my family) banner is historically incorrect. Their banner should be The Red Hand of O'Neill/Ulster that shouldn't belong to Uladh, it's a design oversight. the devs said  they would patch this, over a year ago, but never got done. Would love a mod for this. Have no idea hot to do this myself. This is a massive immersion breaking point for me as it is a part of my family history.

BoomBap said:
1. Ability to gift fiefs to other factions. Would give 10 relations with faction and king.
[This would add so much to the game imo. You could help shape the world with aiding different kingdoms]

2. Amount of fiefs gives your vassals weekly relation boost. Boost would depend on lords personality.
[Now the vassal relation deterioration is very annoying and unrealistic.
If a lord has a lot of land(more than he could ever have in any other faction) and doesn't have any quarrels within the faction, his relations shouldn't drop by HUGE amounts randomly like they do now. This feature would be a counter measure]

3. Ability to take away single fiefs from vassals. Would cause HUGE relation drop which could be reduced by negotiating with the vassal rather than taking it by command.
[Very useful when you want to make changes in your land sharing. Much better option than starting all over from a savegame 1000 days back and reconquer everything or dispose a loyal vassal... Would come at a cost but a one that would make sense]

4. Be able to give 10k coins to a merchant to save an item for you. Whenever he gets that item for sale, he will keep it for you to be able to buy it whenever. He won't keep it for more than a month tho.

5. "Let you troops assault while you stay back" option to give more realistic results. Still a few casualties more than with you in the battle, but way less than now. Would be a good way to skip boring bandit fights.(casualties would depend on your best companions leadership skill)
[I get 0 casualties when I join battle and let my troops just charge but 20 norse bodyguards die when i stay back.... in the same fight. Right now this option is out of question for any fight, even against 5 ruffians with 200 bodyguards]

6. Be able to kill lords and kings
[speaks for itself]

7. Lords "wait in line" in your hall for only 1 week before they go to another place(kingdom).
[I hate having 10 quarrelsome lords constantly in my hall annoying my wife. But talking to them is no option because that would cause huge relation drops all over the world. Crappy feature if you ask me.]
this

I'd like to either be able to very slowly regen health in combat or the ability the heal a certain amount of points on kill.
(yes I know something like that exist but preferably something I can install without yanking my hair out due to python issues)

1. A) A companion/hero random generator for sandbox that is unlimited: walk into a tavern or walk through towns to find random generated heroes/companions totally unique to that play through.
I am new in the forum (and in modding the game), this thread is a bit old, but I would like to know if this went forward, or if there is a way (and a tutorial/ or tweak) to add companions to the game.
I would like to add some heroes like Siegfried, Beowulf... and some relatives like brothers and sisters.

EDIT: Saw this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/make-your-own-companions.130815/
and I am following it.

EDIT: posted in that thread:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom