Author Topic: VC Reforged Mods: Design your own features!  (Read 17791 times)

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBNWVCWF&S
Re: VC Reforged Mods: Design your own features!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »
Favourite personal feature: manpower

Manpower feature for player and AI.
    TLDR: number of people is limited. If you kill too many soldiers from the enemy, they should not be able to just get more and more. Destroy the land too!
              inspired by Paradox games and 1257AD Lances.

- every faction lord has a manpower slot that saves the available number of troops that it can recruit
   - it increases every week depending on: fiefs (village/castle/town) prosperity
   - every lord gets a free amount of troops (30 ish) so they can at least fight bandits
   - troops also cost money, so a poor lord wont be able to raise more than 30 man

-> Why:
       - economic wars. If you attack a enemy faction fiefs it will destroy theirs economy. They will get less and less manpower every week. So once you defeat their armies in the field, they wont be able to come back at you over and over.
       - several enemies: you could attack the fiefs while another faction takes your enemy armies down.
       - it gives a new balance to the world.
           -> lords without fief will be capped at 30 troops. So a faction with more lords than territory wont be able to field huge armies
       - player is under the same rules. So you better protect your fiefs, and help your vassals/same faction lords too.

- recruiting volunteers should decrease prosperity (less people to work).
   - slaves could be used to increase prosperity and/or cash flow

... more stuff to think about it

archaicwarrior

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
(1) Villages that can defend themselves from warbands (< 50). Barracks maybe ? This would disadvantage the AI from creating fast, small armies looting villages.
(2) More realistic tradable items. Why is wool so valuable ? surely processing raw products should give more profits - wool -($)> wool cloth -($$$)> Clothes etc
(3) Satellite height map files used for strategic maps, this makes great looking terrain.
(4) Roman republic mod :D

+++ Elected leader of the Commonwealth of Peasantry +++

Our pitch-Fork phalanxs rule the plains ..

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 04:17:36 AM »
Feature: Tournaments

This would not be historical appropriate, as traditional tournaments are suppose to happen only in a few centuries... but they are fun!

Important: you can use your own weapons/gear (if appropriate type), or you receive a generic one (like a spear if you don't have one)

1) Noble tournament: nobles from the court, or elite soldiers (tier 5) with horses

1.1) Two knights fighting from horseback. A few fights and the winner is the grand champion.
1.2) Alternative: several knights, free for all fight. Last standing is the grand champion.

--> random, so you could get either type in a town
--> best rewards
--> you need high renown or to be a noble to join it

2) Warriors tournament: open to all
Similar to above, but no horses.

--> normal rewards (mostly gold)

3) Ranged tournament: open to all
Free for all fight, where fighters may have any ranged weapon (slings, xbow, bow, javelins)

Important: game AI must be fair to avoid several bots attacking the player. Targets must be spread out even on a free for all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can gain renown, cash, items and honour from victories.
Only grand champion may court a lady (offer his victory to her).
Tournament should have tough fights (not a walk in the park, you should earn the victory, and lose often).
Different areas can have rules on weapons allowed.
--> example: warriors tournament in a Norse town only allows for spears and axes, no swords. Some may forbidden shields, etc. For variety depending on culture/faction.
Report/UI should keep history of current grand champions around the map

sweetest

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 06:24:16 PM »
I would really like to see a feature added that lets you permanently kill enemy lords, as this was in brytenwalda it was one of my favorite features and i believe the only mod which lets you kill lords in MnB.

I really enjoyed playing as a danish pirate who would kill any lords he captured as he raided up the coast, with the ultimate goal being to kill everyone who doesn't join you.

Utfred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
A few more ideas that came along while playing

More beards, hairstyles and skins (for tatoos), that always get the pleb happy

+30-40 relation bonus with the relatives of the girl you marry so they really become reliable once you form your own faction. That way it's not just the girl traits that matters but also her family connections.

More buildings in settlements (expensive training grounds to recruit t.4 troops, hospice to heal troops faster....)

If feasible more battle events : when the ennemy sallys out in sieges it would be great for example to actually play a small battle with a massive battle disadvantage but no real consequences if you lose (except casualties of course), instead of having a cpu calculated battle.

Laizenbh

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 03:25:06 PM »

If feasible more battle events : when the ennemy sallys out in sieges it would be great for example to actually play a small battle with a massive battle disadvantage but no real consequences if you lose (except casualties of course), instead of having a cpu calculated battle.
That would be indeed a great improvement, the marriage thing also make sense.

mike56

• Master Knight
  • Caballeros de Calradia admin
    • View Profile
    • Caballeros de Calradia
  • MP nick: CdC_mikeboix
  • WBNWWF&SM&BVC
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 07:43:27 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Has any warband mod ever achieved to do this? Sounds like an awesome idea to me!!

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 08:33:19 PM »
Has any warband mod ever achieved to do this? Sounds like an awesome idea to me!!

1257AD lance system has some of those ideas implemented. On the tech side it is easy to implement, nothing that would require workarounds.

But please remember this thread is not for discussion on other people suggestions, we want a clean thread for ideas, so anyone can share them  :)

Important: This is about ideas/suggestions, not about feedback on the game itself. Keep it clean please =), no discussions about other players ideas.

Anyone that wants to discuss a idea/feature further can create a new thread for that.

Thanks!

Piédalf

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 09:40:13 PM »
When I play sandbox, something bothers me: It's not a viking conquest anymore because Northymbre is weak and surrounded by many factions. Usualy they have weak lords because they never stop fighting, so they never conquier anything.

My idea: giving them a regular army (sort of very trong patrol) of 500 men that tries to besiege castles. Maybe wessex can also get one, because they are still a strong state, but that one would be defensive.

Something similar exists in Fire and sword: a big patroll called the "swedish army" I believe.

I did a thread about that idea.

Von_Krieg

• Recruit
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Von_Krieg
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 07:12:28 AM »
Some kind of Freelancer-type feature, that would allow you to join another lord's army would be great.

Sportyorty

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 06:27:08 AM »
feature-

l love how u can build your own camp and build  few things but I what id love is if you could build that camp into a village, town, city with of course permission from the kings land you build in, same with having your own merchant there. Love how you can build your dock, I would I love to build your camp with what you want and what you specialize in trading in your designated area :D say mayby breed and train your own horses that are good quality like the the champion coursers you used to get or even breed goats, sheep, cows, chick, pigs and sell them as live trade rather then cooked meat like you do with the cattle at villages, also have it so that say for example a lively pig that's killed gives you 4 meat and unwell pig gives 1 meat basically the quality of the animal gives you better meat and more meat compared to the ones that aren't looked after in your town. having that your town requires and upkeepof produce to the stables/farms to upkeep these animals say 5 bags of grain a week gives you great animals where as 1 bag of grain will on you give you crap animals, you can make a living of this, also then u can grow your own crop/ veg, just like having your Farmstead but you can have more than one and decide how much you want to produce. this I would love to see and add to the Vikings  :D :D :D :D
opportunities everywhere just open your brain you shall hear

AkkBar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Been looking at the history of the Viking Era due to this DLC. Surprised there is so little info on the Viking activity in the continent. So I guess I would love to see the Saxons and Lotharingia in the game. Saxons at this time were already Christians, but a couple of decades earlier there was a pagan uprising. I would be great you could revive paganism in Saxony and fight off the Christians.

PiEtiarna

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »
Submod: Celtic Pagans

Feature: Reintroducing Celtic Paganism like in Brytenwalda. Should be as simple as copying the current pagan files and replacing all Norse with Celtic  (particularly Irish for now) gods and terms. Maybe change Gothi to Druid as well. I would do it myself if I were a coder

FedeInalaf

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 07:04:03 AM »
--> Bugs:

* The bug enemies rotating half body back ( for example, the beta version of Viking conquest by attacking ruffians these , twisting his body) even sige appearing in some instances, for example, in a battle against a small northmen group, would be great to be definitely solved!

*When a boat battle begins , sometimes , they turn to one side and begin to recede (rather than advance that it would be correct ), Would be good that the problem was solved.

* When we go into any large town or village , wait for a while until cargen options ( go to the market , traveling to another port, etc. ) , the problem does not happen in the other Mount & Blade , it would be convenient to solve this greater problem for fluides

-------

-I would like that had chainmail skins.

-more faces

..Thank You!

Natmis

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
Being able to pay groups of bandits/masterless men to raid pillage specific villages. Maybe you could also hire them to hunt traders or even villagers for a certain amount of in-game days.

There would be a chance for them to outright decline. Having bad relation with them wouldn't make them necessarily refuse, but would make bargaining for a price harder.

Depending on how strong their group is, how your relation with the bandits is, and how persuasive your character is, they could either ask for you to pay them before they would agree to do anything or they could also ask for 50% of their pay upfront. They could even accept do the job before getting paid if your persuasion is really good and if they are scared of your party. If you pay them upfront, there would be a fairly high chance that they would just go their way with your money. There would still be a chance for them to decide not to do whatever it is you asked them to do if you only gave them 50% in advance or even if you didn't give them a single penning, but it would be a lot less likely.

If they are successful, there would only be a really really small chance of the faction you sent them after to learn that they were hired by you (15% for example). The reason behind this is that it would be a lot less likely that they could have captured one of the bandits alive to interrogate him in such a scenario. Also, if you didn't pay them upfront, then the bandits come back to you and ask for the their money, at which point you can either pay them or turn on them and kill them. Killing them could net you not only their gear, but also some of the plunders that they got from pillaging. Paying them would improve your relation with them and would also open the option for you to recruit them and lose a bit less moral then your normally would when doing so. If you pay them upfront, then the bandits wouldn't even bother to show up after doing their dirty task. Also, when they come back, if they feel like your party is weak, they could even try to turn on YOU. The chances of that happening would be lower if your relation with them is better.

If on the other hand they get defeated, it would be a LOT more likely for them to learn about it and to lose relation with said faction. These numbers are just for the sake of the suggestion : 75% chance of them finding out and being very upset at you. 13% chance of them killing all the bandits which insures that they won't know that you were involved in the attacks. 10% chance of them blaming someone who they are already at war with (which yes, could turn out to be you if they are war with your faction), if they are not at war with anyone, then they would blame Pagans if they are Christians or Christians if they are Pagans. 2% chance of them capturing one who gives them a false lead who would then escape, find your party and tell you all about it, giving you the opportunity to give him a compensation for his loyalty and to recruit him in your party (which may still make you lose relation with said faction because of guilt by association), to kill him, to send him away with a bit of money (which would give you reputation but could have a small chance of backfiring and him talking when drunk later on for example) or to just straight up to tell him to leave (which will most liekly make him very upset and make him spill the beans.)

I realize this is somewhat complicated, just had this idea in mind and wanted to share it! I could also definitely see this in the outlaws submod.