[UNAC S6] Power Rankings & Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

DG5_K1_Aw.png

ceA9BcE.png

Support the tournament by purchasing our official t-shirt! Provided to us by Battle Buddy Apparel!​

Use this thread to rank each clan by which place you believe they will have in the tournament. You may add new power rankings whenever you feel like doing so. Unlike previous UNAC PR threads, I've (Arys) decided to combine both rankings and discussions. So discussing your rankings is encouraged, but is not mandatory.

Each power ranking that is posted will be listed here in the OP, instead of the standard of editing your post.

In your reply, use the code below.

Code:
[b]Rank[/b]:
[b]Team[/b]:
[b][SIZE=7px]REASONING[/SIZE][/b]:

TEAMS:
  • One Eyed
  • Septic Justice Warriors
  • The Moles
  • The Midnight Watchmen
  • Golden Kingdom
  • Rastaferi Tacos
  • Wappaw
  • Defenders of Faith
  • Take off the tags

Players Rankings

Danate's Rankings

Credit: Rhade for coming up with this idea!

My Pre-Season Power Rankings

1. SjW
It's no doubt this should be the top of the list. Some very long term solid infantry with PPK157, Zaffa, Cradoc, and Cru. This lineup doesn't have the slayer, carry material other clans have but has the experience and the magical right click to win rounds.

Even with that solid infantry the archers and cavalry have a Huge impact on the field and could well be the strong point of SjW. Lagstro, Achillies, Rayden; this team has three headshot/clutch master archers and will be very difficult to equal in range strength.

Last but certainly not least we have SjW's cavalry. Can, Shema, Vinny (If he's not Rip) are solid xavalry to utilize on the closed and open maps. And you have even extra support from top aggressive cavalry such as PPK157, Cru, and Cradoc.

All these components and this scrim team is a very difficult team to battle, regardless of any condition....other than all of them being banned or not there or something ridiculous that wont happen.

Key Players:
Inf: PPK157, Zaffa
Arch: Lagstro, Rayden
Cav: Can, Shemaforash

2. TMW

Now this may look bias because i'm on TMW's roster but here me out. Now that being said, TMW's roster ON PAPER is pretty solid. For infantry there is quite a lot of people you can choose from you have Unicorn, Scar, Arni, and Troubadour who have proved their worth in past tournaments. Blacktide has shown his worth in the NA scene with infantry and so has KilleR. The only issue would be if the team shows up and isn't a Crusty Rust Bucket than you have a infantry force to be reckoned with.

Menethil, Rurin, Clockwise, Sotamursu; archers that have all had good pasts in archery. Although like the TMW roster, will inactivity help them get lucky head shots? Or will they rather team kill Blacktide? (More amusing by far)

Cavalry is certainly not weak on TMW but not the strongest either. Blacktide and KilleR will prove a dangerous duo on the closed map and you have Clockwise, Unicorn, to add on the open map. Cavalry isn't the strongest ON PAPER due to inactivity or ping but it certainly can prove its' worth.

Key Players:
Inf: Arni, Unicorn,
Arch: Menethil, Rurin
Cav: Blacktide KilleR

3. Moles (It's tK)

"Tito", a legendary name that will echo through the Warband Universe endlessly (If he wins this tourney. Love you bro). Guaccmoleboy
https://translate.google.com/?biw=1366&bih=705&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.118443451,d.dmo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#auto/ja/guacamoleboy
That's all you need to know about him honestly. All jokes aside though, this infantry roster is a tough one to beat consistently. Tito, Aporta, Guacc, Rake. Most likely will be fighting this starting lineup for tK It's hard to say how they will fare in clutch situation, tending to fall short when infantry is most needed.

Jeffrey and Sjaeles are most likely starting archers for tK and it will be tough to match up with. You have Jeffrey consistently making shots and SJ is improving quite a bit recently being someone to look out for.

Heat and Thunderbeu, a tough duo to both with high skill in cavalry but lacks consistency. Brush off the consistency issue and you have yourself a tough closed map. On the open the additional cavalry is Tito and Aporta. Again, consistency is an issue but these four players can put up big numbers for their team when necessary.

Key Players:
Inf: Tito, Guacc
Arch: Jeff, SJ
Cav: Heat, Thunderbeu

4. OE

Depending on who you are, this could be veered as too right for this team or too wrong. Now for infantry they have oodle, Arys, Ordyn, and Zach. Which really relies on oodle to make tons of plays but that doesn't take the others out of the question.

MattyIce has been proving himself to be ready to compete against top tier archers in the scene. With his mighty not to be forgotten sidekick Prime, this duo will be working on setting their legacy as top archers of New NA.

OE cavalry may be a weak point on this roster, but they are not to be take lightly. Tyler, Grimsight closed map duo will be either very tough or easy.

Key Players:
Inf: oodle, Zach
Arch: MattyIce, Prime
Cav: Tyler
Overall: oodle

5. Wappaw

Now this team has been around since the dawn of time when turtles flew the sky. That being said they have lots of experience to be used in this tourney but with the gold chance and speed slowed, it's tough to say if Wappaw can get 2nd place or more this season. Wappaw could have a different lineup every night but the players that catch my eye are Kelquethas, Pizza 42,  Disco, Bubs. They would be foolish not to start these young men into their infantry.

Mafioso, Quantum, Pizza 42; all tough archers that compete decently well against top tier archers. Also adding to their roster, Hawkeye, Vetah, and  Wert who have played well in the past and hopefully will do so this season.

Cavalry may well be the strongest point in Wappaw's lineup. Pizza 42, Blade, Redknight, Nero. I could go on but I assume you understand my point as there is many cavalry they can utilize to give them the edge on open and even closed map.

Key Players:
Inf: Kelquethas, Pizza
Arch: Quantum, Mafioso
Cav: Redknight, Blade
Overall: Pizza

6. Rastaferi Tacos

Now (RaTs) can be a very strong team if they shuffle their lineup a bit and possibly tried newer things than what they've done recently. Their infantry is a little weak only having Creed, Tangawizi, and Gorlock (Who is this?). Even with these solid players they seem to struggle in most infantry engagements.

John and Pepper will most likely be the 1-2 punch in their range game. Both have lots of experience and must be hungry for a victory at number 1.

RaTs cavalry is strong like their range cousins. The cavalry consist of wild Braves, Reds, and Firuniens; which each will put in a decent amount of work to get Ws in matches.

Key Players:
Inf: Creed, Tangawizi
Arch: John, Pepper
Cav: Red, Brave

7. GK

Now being this low on my Pre-Season rankings is not a bad thing. Obviously if you do not like your place, than step it up and prove the random guy on the forums wrong. But GK is not at all far from the three above. They just need to prove it. Their infantry lineup is a bit stale in mechanical skill but with a very large roster you have many players you can sub around. Shawrin, Careful Death, Abellard, Cold Fushion, Santa Hunter. All can hold their own for a short amount of time against high tier infantry. They do that and let their support classes work, they'll be in for a good season.

Ebdanian Admiral, Marquis, Sparhawk, Delion, Zealots the Girl. Like every class they have, you have much variety in each class and can play whoever is best at the map and so on.

Easter Cow, Sparhawk, Nate, Kr8dle, . It keeps going with a large roster comes large variety and they have plenty of players to figure out who is going to be pulling in the big plays for them.

Key Players:
Inf: Abellard, Shawrin
Arch: Ebdanian, Marquis
Cav: Easter Cow, Kr8dle
Overall: Sparhawk

8. DoF

Now this is the same exact boat with DoF. They are up there with OE, Wappaw, GK, and RaTs. It's very difficult to say where these placements should be. But with hours studying certain players performance from past to present it's safe to say this is my accurate depiction of PRE-SEASON. DoF lacks enough infantry to hold their own in closed maps but they have a few players that have shocked us before such as, Kira. Though one solid player will not be enough on closed to stop 4 or 5 solid players.

DoF archery has had some amazing games in the past with Kohath, Deathangel, and Chev. It just depends if these players attend and put in work.

Cavalry definitely has my highest rating for their classes as they have Darin, Alejanbro, Dryykon, I could go on with these players. The cavalry is a strong component with DoF and their famous "kiting" strategies that have worked in the past.

Key Players:
Inf: Kira, Clean Bandit
Arch: Chev, Death Angel
Cav: Darin, Alejanbro

I spent way too much time on this. My eyes hurt. My girlfriend is upset.

Going into Week 1

Team: Septic Justice Warriors
REASONING:
Powerhouse roster with some wK/CRB synergy and a bit of extra added talent. PPK157 will definitely serve as the foundation of SJW's infantry squad, with Cradoc and Zaffa backing him up. Infantry however is probably the weakest part of the SJW roster, with players like Lagstro, Achilles, Rayden and Luck filling out the ranged lineup. But finally the real kicker for SJW is probably cavalry, with monstrous players like Can, Cru, Shema, PPK157, Vinny, and Cradoc. In open map settings, SJW will be a very tough challenge for the other teams.

Team: The Moles
REASONING:
Arguably the best infantry core in the tournament, along with a couple of key additions to their roster and a few very talented cavalry players, puts The Moles at 2nd for me. Tito, Guacc and Aporta will be huge for their infantry, as they always are, and Rake and Sigi are great pickups. Jeffrey9792 is often considered the top active ranged players, and I think playing with this roster will certainly put that to the test. That being said, Sjaeles is a very solid shot and always improving, so Jeff won't be alone. Cavalry for The Moles should also be solid with Heat and Thunderbeu making a dangerous duo. Tito and Aporta are also solid cav players on open maps. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how this roster fares against SJW.

Team: The Midnight Watchmen
REASONING:
TMW has brought a very talented roster to the table. With a few key additions to their already strong lineup, they'll definitely be contenders for 1st or 2nd. A very strong infantry lineup in Unicorn, Warpath, Danate, Troubadour, Arni and Scar, but I have concerns about their cohesion and group fighting. It may take them a couple of weeks to hit their stride and develop some cohesion. Their ranged players are who I'd personally be most concerned with: Sota, Clockwise, Menethil are all great shots, so I'm expecting some big plays from them. Cavalry is where I think TMW will struggle. Blacktide performs phenomenally considering his ping, but I think others like Beo and KilleR will struggle with rust and uncomfortable ping, respectively.

Team: One Eyed
REASONING:
I personally think OE has a really dangerous roster. With more experience and cohesion I can see them quickly moving up. Oodle and Zach are probably the most dangerous inf duo in the tournament, except for maybe Tito and Aporta. Manry, Arys and Ordyn are also really solid inf players, but as I mentioned I think OE needs a bit of time before they develop the rock solid group fighting I envision. Their ranged ability is mostly limited to Matthew, who at his best is arguably top 5 in the tournament. Oodle and Prime are also solid ranged players, though. Cavalry for OE is where I think they'll have the most trouble. Tyler and Grimsight are well above average, but haven't seemed to quite click together yet. Looking forward to seeing how OE improves over the next few weeks.

Team: Wappaw
REASONING:
What at first glance might just look like a bunch of old rusty players is actually IMO a really solid lineup. Kelquethas is really the only infantry player I expect a lot out of, but he'll definitely have a decent amount of support from Nero, Gibby and Stubberly. Ranged I think will depend on how well Quantum and Vetah perform. Quantum may be a bit rusty and have some ping issues, and Vetah is new, but they're both top tier when they're shooting at their best. Cavalry, though, is where Wappaw will be most dangerous. Assuming some older players can shake off a year or two worth of rust, we could see some huge plays from Redknight, Cheese, Bubs, Hero, Blade, and Kelquethas.

Team: Rastaferi Tacos
REASONING:
A roster not exactly lacking talent, but I think this team will struggle with leadership and cohesion. I believe they'll have a lot of trouble on closed maps, as they lack any real beef in their infantry lineup. Creed and Beaner are solid, and a few others on the roster are at least average, but I can see some of the higher ranked teams simply mowing them down. RaTs will also have to rely heavily on John and Pepper for ranged support. Cavalry, on the other hand, RaTs seems to have no shortage of. Brave, Firunien, Roberta, Red, and Ivanho should be able to make some plays. We'll see how the team develops over the next few weeks.

Team: Take Off The Tags
REASONING:
I'd have this team ranked much higher if they had scrimmed at all in the past two years or so. They could move up quickly, depending on how well they adapt. Assuming he plays, Kaiser will be huge for this team. Disco and Ruth are also good pickups who should help bolster their inf lineup. Assuming Zero, Mad Dawg and Peasant are able to shake off some rust, I expect ToTT's ranged lineup will be where they'll be most dangerous. Zero and Peasant were in their prime one of the best ranged duos in the scene. Mad Dawg, Unix, Ron Burgundy and MOG could possibly make some cavalry plays, but I'm not expecting too much considering the rust. I'll be watching this team closely :wink:

Team: Golden Kingdom
REASONING:
I always doubt GK, but they seem to like surprising me. Despite a strong finish in WMT, I have trouble seeing them beating any of the teams I've listed above them. I believe GK will really struggle with infantry, but to be fair I'm not familiar with most of the players on their roster. Ebdanian is known for being a total sniper, and Marquis is a dependable ranged player, so I think their ranged will be solid. GK also seems to have quite a few decent cavalry players in Sparhawk, Nate, Easter Cow, and Zealots. I think their cavalry will be crucial.

Team: Defenders of Faith
REASONING:
With losing Bubs and what seems like widespread inactivity throughout their roster, I have serious doubts about DoF going into the tournament. Adding a bunch of old Rebels players may help out, but then there's also cohesion to consider. If anything, Death Angel and Dryykon should be able to make some clutch plays, and they have a good cavalry lineup in Darin, Courtney and Nevino.

Juvenile said:

Team: The Moles
REASONING:
Arguably the best infantry core in the tournament, along with a couple of key additions to their roster and a few very talented cavalry players, puts The Moles at 2nd for me
REASONING:
TMW has brought a very talented roster to the table. With a few key additions to their already strong lineup, they'll definitely be contenders for 1st or 2nd

Juvenile said:

Going into Week 1
REASONING:
Cavalry is where I think TMW will struggle. Blacktide performs phenomenally considering his ping, but I think others like Beo and KilleR will struggle with rust and uncomfortable ping, respectively.
cLNxaHU.jpg
EPSB2d3.jpg
OsywTbw.jpg

struggle to strong, help pls  :neutral:

Both rankings have their pros and cons though

Killerbart said:
Juvenile said:

Going into Week 1
REASONING:
Cavalry is where I think TMW will struggle. Blacktide performs phenomenally considering his ping, but I think others like Beo and KilleR will struggle with rust and uncomfortable ping, respectively.
cLNxaHU.jpg
EPSB2d3.jpg
OsywTbw.jpg

struggle to strong, help pls  :neutral:

Both rankings have their pros and cons though

Dat 20 kills PogChamp

Juvenile said:
Going into Week 1

Team: Rastaferi Tacos
REASONING:
A roster not exactly lacking talent, but I think this team will struggle with leadership and cohesion. I believe they'll have a lot of trouble on closed maps, as they lack any real beef in their infantry lineup. Creed and Beaner are solid, and a few others on the roster are at least average[/b], but I can see some of the higher ranked teams simply mowing them down. RaTs will also have to rely heavily on John and Pepper for ranged support. Cavalry, on the other hand, RaTs seems to have no shortage of. Brave, Firunien, Roberta, Red, and Ivanho should be able to make some plays. We'll see how the team develops over the next few weeks.
Feels bad man

1) Septic Justice Warriors

This is the most OP team in this UNAC and most likely will win it. Solid in all departments: infantry, range, cavalry, calling, and cohesion. I mean...half of the team is wK so if there are any teamwork issues initially, I'm sure they'll be resolved quickly.

2) The Moles

Similar to Septic but just not as scary. Pretty solid in everything but Septic will probably pull out ahead when comparing individual skills.

3) The Midnight Watchmen

All well-known players in both NA and EU, and as proven before, the EUs are just as effective as the top NAs even with the higher ping. Another team that's pretty solid in all departments; maybe the cavalry might be lacking a bit compared to the first 2 teams.

4) One-Eyed

The wild card of this UNAC. All solid players but is their teamwork good enough yet to contend with the top teams?

5) Take Off the Tags

Good to see Balions in a tournament again. I've always enjoyed watching them play in the past, and I'm sure they won't disappoint in this one either after joining forces with some of the SF/TSB guys. Pretty well-rounded team...more like jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none type of team. I've always thought Angry Archer to be a highly underrated player because he can play all 3 classes very well.

6) Wappaw

Like Balions, they're nowhere as intimidating as they were years ago. They have solid cav but lacking in range department. Their infantry is fairly solid, not strong enough against other higher teams but should go toe-to-toe against Tags.

7) Golden Kingdom

If they play it right, this team has the potential to move up a couple of spots if higher teams underestimate them. They are fairly solid in all departments, but for some reason, they don't play as well as they should in tournaments. My guess is they might be losing confidence too quickly after getting beaten first couple of rounds. I hope they've learnt to move pass that for this UNAC.

:cool: Rastaferi Tacos

They have a team of decent/good NA players and decent/good EU players. John has his moments and though generally considered one of the top range players, his somewhat inconsistency can make or break the team. Peacecraft is a well-rounded player, but Corn is a pubstar...I'm not sure if I've ever seen him play in any recent tourneys...or any. Anyway, they seem to be pretty lacking in all departments, but John is somewhat known to pull off miracles.

9) DoF/Rebels

Unfortunately, this team is full of inactives, rusty older players, and newer players. BUT WE WILL PERSEVERE GODDAMMIT!  :party: :party: :party:

How many times now has DoF done better than people expected us to?  :razz:

It seems that underestimating the green horde has become one of the staples of the NA community.

Das Knecht said:

It seems that underestimating the green horde has become one of the staples of the NA community.

Shhh...let them think they can push us around and let their guard down  :shifty:

Courtney said:
Das Knecht said:

Shhh...let them think they can push us around and let their guard down  :shifty:

It's reverse psychology!  :fruity:

Das Knecht said:

My wishful expectation is that a team so old and dedicated to the game would be one of the top 3 teams by now. Exceed my expectations please.  :ohdear:

Back
Top Bottom