Author Topic: Mount & Gladius: General Discussion Thread  (Read 5927 times)

DelcoreXD

Mount & Gladius: General Discussion Thread
« on: February 28, 2016, 02:44:46 AM »

General Discussion

If there is anything you'd like to discuss general to Mount & Gladius that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, by all means use this thread as your general means of voicing your feelings about something particular.

*Cough* Like dank l33t Romans *Cough*

TomW426

• Sergeant
  • Memelord
    • Skype - TomW426
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Tugmund
Re: Mount & Gladius: General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 12:36:52 AM »
Yeah, a lot of people are keeping an eye on this from a distance and judging whether its worth playing or not, slightly dissapointed because i assumed the event was meant to be today, hence why i assumed your Good News & Bad News post was taken down

>Also don't give mass PMs out Delcore, no offence but from the people i've spoken to about MnGs revival you're a relatively unpopular aspect of it, spam PMs wont help that, people are watching, you don't need to advertise. If there are at least previews or some indication of progress towards this MnG revival being more unique or having something different about it than all the other ones, then people will come, it's fairly obvious that you're very much trying to get a community going, but community/playerbase/servers will come if the mod shows progress.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:01:37 AM by TomW426 »

Currie

• Legatus, IV Flavia Felix
    • Steam - MaccaUK
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Macca / Currie
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:53 AM »
Why try and revive Mount & Gladius in the first place when there's already March of Rome which still has shieldbattles ongoing? No point in a developing competition regarding clans and players now, is there. What I mean by that is now you've decided to bring this back, people are going to be split on whether they want to play MoR or MnG.

Would it not have just been easier to go and join Vitallion's development team for March of Rome and lend what ever help you could over there? Based on what I've seen with this mod, there's been minimal changes regarding in-game content compared to that of MoR's which is constantly being changed with developer blogs being released every Friday. Thing is, comparing the two mods is that this is nothing special. It's the same as it always has been and it's exactly what MoR was. There's nothing unique about this mod. If you now look at March of Rome you can see everything is being re-worked and put into the mod, removing all of those low quality and over used OSP's. Just go here and look at the screenshots. You'll see what I mean.

Olligarchy

• Recruit
  • Hersir
    • Skype - olligarchy1
    • Steam - Ferox514
    • Twitter - Olligarchy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Olligarchy
  • M&BWBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
This might be a silly question, but it seems M&G seems quite... clan heavy. Is a player that only wants to clash blades occasionally have a chance to jump in on the fun?

Currie

• Steam - MaccaUK
    • View Profile
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Hi Macca,

I'll try to answer your question best I can.

"Why try and revive Mount & Gladius in the first place when there's already March of Rome which still has shieldbattles ongoing? No point in a developing competition regarding clans and players now, is there. What I mean by that is now you've decided to bring this back, people are going to be split on whether they want to play MoR or MnG."

• After Jarvisimo and I discussed our intentions with Mount & Gladiius over Steam with Vitallion, he informed us his desired closure for 'March of Rome' through Steam chat, and has since pointed his community towards Mount & Gladius. Furthermore, he also went ahead and transferred all assets from the mod over to our team giving us full permission to combine both works from March of Rome and Mount & Gladius for one mod. If you want verification, feel free to ask myself, Jarvisimo, or Ej777 (Vitallion) for more information.

Hopefully, this clears any confusion of competition between mods you may have had.
Thanks for the reply.

I've already spoken to Vitallion and considering I have the same role as you do here over at March of Rome, I know what's happening. I was informed that March of Rome is to still go ahead as planned and that Vitallion has withdrawn his deal of working with you and giving his stuff over. No idea where you got all that from.

Vitallion the Mad

• All that is Roman belongs to me
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vitallion/
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: VII_Legatus_Vitallion
  • WBNW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »
Hi Macca,

I'll try to answer your question best I can.

"Why try and revive Mount & Gladius in the first place when there's already March of Rome which still has shieldbattles ongoing? No point in a developing competition regarding clans and players now, is there. What I mean by that is now you've decided to bring this back, people are going to be split on whether they want to play MoR or MnG."

• After Jarvisimo and I discussed our intentions with Mount & Gladiius over Steam with Vitallion, he informed us his desired closure for 'March of Rome' through Steam chat, and has since pointed his community towards Mount & Gladius. Furthermore, he also went ahead and transferred all assets from the mod over to our team giving us full permission to combine both works from March of Rome and Mount & Gladius for one mod. If you want verification, feel free to ask myself, Jarvisimo, or Ej777 (Vitallion) for more information.

Hopefully, this clears any confusion of competition between mods you may have had.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion you may have yourself.

"After Jarvisimo and I discussed our intentions with Mount & Gladiius over Steam with Vitallion, he informed us his desired closure for 'March of Rome' through Steam chat"

I informed you that I wanted to take over another Roman mod (RO). If this happened, i'd happily give you guys the stuff we had in MoR 1.0 - 1.2. Regardless to say, it didn't happen (mod's dead).

"and has since pointed his community towards Mount & Gladius"

I didn't even tell people MnG was going under another revival, let alone tell them to play it. Infact, when people came to me and questioned me about MoR and MnG, I encouraged them to keep playing MoR since we were, and still are, developing it. Actually, if memory serves me right Delcore, you jumped onto the MoR forum page and made a post telling everyone that MoR was closing and that they should all play MnG BEFORE we even decided if we wanted to work on another mod.

"Furthermore, he also went ahead and transferred all assets from the mod over to our team giving us full permission to combine both works from March of Rome and Mount & Gladius for one mod."

Oh god no I didn't. Once again, I emphasized that IF WE MOVED TO ANOTHER MOD, WE WOULD GIVE YOU THE OLD MATERIAL. Jarvisimo used the old flags we had for this MnG incarnation, and later asked if he could use the wolf pelts and helmets attached to them, which contrary to what i've seen said, were made by the March of Rome team.

I don't know if it's been put in writing or if I've told Jarvi, but i'll say here. DO NOT USE ANY MOR STUFF WITHOUT ASKING. This mod got a **** ton of fire at its release because as far as I know, there were a metric **** ton of incidents where you didn't ask for stuff and didn't credit things. The flags and Wolf Pelt Helmets have been verified, but don't use or edit anything that belongs to MoR without specifically asking me.

deSaul

• Squire
  • Saul - Chief of Cherusci
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Saulperman/
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Saul
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 03:42:39 PM »
Well.. I've always been pretty outspoken and this is what I've got to say about everything I've seen and heard as of recent.

I will be watching this from afar from this point onward as I feel rather disappointed with the current situation and development of the mod. When first hearing from Delcore that the mod was return, I was first of all surprised, but then I was also pleased. After being a part of the small beta testing team, and then the game going into full release. I was a tad disappointed by the lack of time-keeping by the development team for the release of the mod.. delaying it by hours on end. This doesn't feel like the professional team that I would of expected it to be under the leadership of Jarvisimo.

What made matters worse for me and my guys is when we were playing on the NA Official Server very soon after the release, Jarvisimo was explaining to one of my soldiers that MnG leaves a bad taste in his mouth, and at least that with Veiled Stars (Hope I got the name right) he enjoyed making it. But because of how people act towards MnG due to the imbalances and other points.. he doesn't feel the same way about MnG. Sorry to publicize what you said, but I feel the need to explain why I'm stepping back. From that moment I realized I was probably just wasting my time setting up an EU Server for this mod, and wasting my brothers-in-arms time bringing them back into the fold for a mod where the lead dev is having doubts. I will see how things progress with this mod, but if they don't go in a suitable direction, I'll be seeing you guys at Bannerlord.

As for March of Rome, It's a cool mod but been there, done that. We left originally as both sides just had too many imbalances that made the game uninteresting, if things get better, I may check it out, but honestly we will have to see.
I f***ing have 5th rate in kick-boxing and I got a knife bigger than your leg so shut up idiot.

Currie

• Steam - MaccaUK
    • View Profile
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 03:45:54 PM »
Well.. I've always been pretty outspoken and this is what I've got to say about everything I've seen and heard as of recent.

I will be watching this from afar from this point onward as I feel rather disappointed with the current situation and development of the mod. When first hearing from Delcore that the mod was return, I was first of all surprised, but then I was also pleased. After being a part of the small beta testing team, and then the game going into full release. I was a tad disappointed by the lack of time-keeping by the development team for the release of the mod.. delaying it by hours on end. This doesn't feel like the professional team that I would of expected it to be under the leadership of Jarvisimo.

What made matters worse for me and my guys is when we were playing on the NA Official Server very soon after the release, Jarvisimo was explaining to one of my soldiers that MnG leaves a bad taste in his mouth, and at least that with Veiled Stars (Hope I got the name right) he enjoyed making it. But because of how people act towards MnG due to the imbalances and other points.. he doesn't feel the same way about MnG. Sorry to publicize what you said, but I feel the need to explain why I'm stepping back. From that moment I realized I was probably just wasting my time setting up an EU Server for this mod, and wasting my brothers-in-arms time bringing them back into the fold for a mod where the lead dev is having doubts. I will see how things progress with this mod, but if they don't go in a suitable direction, I'll be seeing you guys at Bannerlord.

As for March of Rome, It's a cool mod but been there, done that. We left originally as both sides just had too many imbalances that made the game uninteresting, if things get better, I may check it out, but honestly we will have to see.
Long time no see, Saul.

I'd suggest that you go and read the developer blogs for MoR. It's not the **** it used to be.

deSaul

• Squire
  • Saul - Chief of Cherusci
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Saulperman/
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Saul
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 03:48:27 PM »
I'd suggest that you go and read the developer blogs for MoR. It's not the **** it used to be.

So vitallion pulled his finger out? :P
I f***ing have 5th rate in kick-boxing and I got a knife bigger than your leg so shut up idiot.

Vitallion the Mad

• All that is Roman belongs to me
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vitallion/
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: VII_Legatus_Vitallion
  • WBNW
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »

So vitallion pulled his finger out? :P

Ye, I put it in Esto instead.

BNS Marko

• Q&A Lover
  • Modification Area Moderator
    • Steam - markalone
    • Twitter - BadNameStudios
    • Twitch.tv - badnamestudios
    • YouTube - UCYSn5Pt6U6Aro-6_bSNWDgA
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars: Bear Force II
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: BNS_Marko
  • WBNWM&BWF&SVC
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:55:54 PM »
I just want to know where the patch featuring my maps is. No offense to anyone here, but I spent time away from Bear Force working on some of those only to never see them in game...

WesleyEvo

• Regular
  • Aka Stalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 10:05:16 PM »
Are there any events on this mod yet/again?

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Harkyn
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »
Apparently there are some, but as always, nope none at the moment.

I still find it surprising that people call this mod alive when it has near to no development and no events yet MoR which is updated every couple of weeks and has multiple events a week is considered dead  :lol:

Currie

• Steam - MaccaUK
    • View Profile
  • WBNWWF&SVC
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 03:13:55 PM »
Well boys

in other news from today, i was banned of fse

Harkyn

• Knight at Arms
  • Political Rambler
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Harkyn
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:18 PM »
Apparently there are some, but as always, nope none at the moment.

I still find it surprising that people call this mod alive when it has near to no development and no events yet MoR which is updated every couple of weeks and has multiple events a week is considered dead  :lol:

As stated before, if this mod was 'dead' we would simply call it quits and officially confirm its status as defunct. However, at this current moment in time, the mod is being supported and an event is organized for this Sunday. If you want to participate, then you are more then welcome to come along, or better yet, host your own event. If you'd like to partipate in this mod, play it. If you don't have any desire to do so, then that's simply your free will to do so. Don't mean to come across as rude, but that's just honesty.

Indeed! You can check out SNAG for Sunday at the following thread:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,269301.0.html

Once again. Learn to not double post. There is an edit button.

Well boys

in other news from today, i was banned of fse

Im just surprised it took that long Macca :D :lol:
It's only a month (again surprising) Ya'll live