Dev Blog 3: Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 -1/15/17- CHANGELOG ADDED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good work on those armors . I like them very much , and i`m so happy they`ll be a couple more darker looking armors in 3.8

And not to be ungratefull or anything but would it be possible to make some heraldic horses? :grin: i keep asking this and noone seems to know.

Wild Card said:
Really good work on those armors . I like them very much , and i`m so happy they`ll be a couple more darker looking armors in 3.8

And not to be ungratefull or anything but would it be possible to make some heraldic horses? :grin: i keep asking this and noone seems to know.
I was checking this feature, but it requires Warband Script Extender to be implemented into POP source, which won't be easy to do.

wooiljung said:
Awesome work, as always!

But one thing I find a little lacking is the definite style of "pendor" equipment. Sarleon has its red and black color, Ravenstern its kilts and man skirts, Fierdsvain their pointy hats, and so on. But Pendor seems to lack a "symbol", or a general "Style".

Back in PoP 3.6, they were dressed along the theme of chess pieces, with their non-specializing troop tree accentuating the point even further.

To be specific, the commoner troops are garbed in dark armour whereas the noble troops are wearing shiny armour most of the time, with the occasional heraldic gear mixed in.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the new PoP 3.8.

If Pendor was the heraldric faction that would be amusing. One of the nice things about say Fierdswain Armored Axemen (or Huscarls) is they can have heraldric armor and their shield as well... compared to say Empire Legionaire.

Better yet if their swordsmen use board shields rather than the current kite ones. It's funny as there are (still?) Bladesmen, D'shar Bladesmen and now Pendor Bladesmen. Maybe Pendor Hammerers who use those new model warhammers and hide behind a large shield.

Personally I'm not a fan of Heraldic stuff. When there are multiple Lords in either side of a battle, I prefer to see the troops all wearing uniform armor rather than a hodge podge of armors with their Lord's banners.

Well,about plate,I think There should be two styles of Grrifon plate,one for adventuress,as the old style of grrifon plate,which gives poor protect(1/53/17),and a new well-amored style for rebirth grrifon Knights(1/56-58/17-19,26-28kg),by the way,grrifon Knights should have a male style adventurer' helmet(as falcon),about 52-54/1-3.You know,grrifon,falcon's head and lion's body  :fruity:
At last,Pendor infantry need a well-looked helmet,for blademan :fruity:

I have an idea, how about changing Pendor Bladesmen into Pendor Maceman who uses Ebony Winged Mace? That way they will be unique and still powerful.

I'm also curious about D'Shar troop tree... Is there any changes to it now?

Diaphantos1 said:
Personally I'm not a fan of Heraldic stuff. When there are multiple Lords in either side of a battle, I prefer to see the troops all wearing uniform armor rather than a hodge podge of armors with their Lord's banners.
That's fine since no lords and only a couple of companion lords start off with pendor...

Hey BTW since you are making all those cool and shiny Armors are you going to give some lords a well deserved armor upgrade.
I mean Duke Alefwine will look like a beggar on mule next to his Marleons havey cavalry, with him having his "awesome" chain and tabard or whatever he is sporting at this time
Maybe give them better armors based on their nobility rank? Duke>baron>Lord etc?

Nice screenshots, great details on the armor.
Love all the changes, my favorites gotta be that shadow legion.
More please.

Updated UllrVetr's bow, fixed exploit to upgrade the bow and thus not have it confiscated
-Not looking foward to 3.8
/s

One question that came to my mind after playing for a while and ending the KHOrder final quest and taking off the castle from the Snake Cult.

Ok, so at first, the 3 npcs there are very useful, and that fortress also offers 2 chests. Well, I left there items to make space to optimize the low prices of the food seller npc. Ok, up till here all great. But the issue comes when the 2 months the craftman take to make the snake cult fortress look like the order stronghold take over. I lost the chest items.

But also, even the new castle hall, it offers no advantage compared to the conquered snake fortress, only longer distance to travel to reach the npcs and the new courtyard... wow, is epic, both in size and in good-looking, but there is no use to it, only this interact-able door http://imgur.com/sGHE29r but when interacting with it, does nothing and two npcs (mercenary swordman and mercenary) that you take 1 minute (not exaggerating) to reach straight fowards from the spawn point which only says that all is quiet.

It feels like a really cool feature but atm it feels like incomplete, in my opinion besides the awesome view and the feels like of hardwork put into it, once the craftsman ends the 2 months job, it makes it worse.

And does it matter the garrison on it? As you cant interact with it nor it gets attacked. It feels like a neutral castle for every faction castle in the middle of Pendor (as it doesnt interact with any faction), they simply ignore it.

Is this intended to end like this or you guys are planning on something else for it? Thanks for the mod, even tho may be kinda tired of hearing it many times, but million thanks!

I believe that was intended. I remember one of the devs saying they thought a garrisonable castle was too overpowered.

Personally I'd love to see it have more use. Say, periodic attacks by enemy orders that you have to defend against.

Too overpowered? well friend, there are 39 castles, and all of them garrisonables (once you own them, like you own the order stronghold).

1 more will be overpowered? 1 that you get rewarded maximum once per run and as the final reward of being the grandmaster of the order you chose.

I meant that besides you will never fight on that glorious castle and you wont see anytime people walking around nor useful npcs in the courtyard like it happens on villages and towns, only 2 mercenary soldiers which upon trying to speak with them, they reply with a 1 line monologue, and thats it.

The garrison is useless (at least you dont have to pay for it), and it has 20 snake cult followers as prisoners, but you cant do anything with them neither.

But was upsets me is that after the 2 months "upgrade", you no longer have access to the double chest and besides of that and the visuals, its all the same. Same function: none, else holding the 3 npcs inside (which could be placed instead of inside that stronghold, on any castle/town you own and that has the KHOrder youre grandmaster of as the one active in the castle/town).

DarkTemplar said:
one question about
- Ai defenders and defending player gets ammo refill on sieges
that means:
every 60 secs all defenders get their ammo refilled but we/ai lord has to build special building for it to work
or
every 60 secs all defenders get their ammo refilled and we will have this even in castle with nothing built?

in any case:
finally, treebeard ammo fix.txt can(might) be deleted and logical things finally work by deafult :razz:

Valid point that, I was wondering xactly the same .

What is treebeard ammo fix.txt ?

Ralyks18 said:
Too overpowered? well friend, there are 39 castles, and all of them garrisonables (once you own them, like you own the order stronghold).
I believe the point is that you don't pay for the wages of their garrison. So you could leave 1000 Ravenstern Rangers and 1000 Fierdswain Huscarls inside and take out some every time you wanted to take another castle.

Raviollius said:
Ralyks18 said:
I believe the point is that you don't pay for the wages of their garrison. So you could leave 1000 Ravenstern Rangers and 1000 Fierdswain Huscarls inside and take out some every time you wanted to take another castle.
Yeah, basically like "your husband's garrison".

One of several hilariously scaleable mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom