Phospher Cultures and Gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

DanF_Griffin

Recruit
So I never really played Perisno, so I am coming at this with an outsider perspective.  So, if my take is off/wrong I apologize.

I like to roleplay the factions, so to me Lore and/or equating them to something I know is important.  So, here is how I see the factions:

Tolrania - Your standard English-like nation with some French mixed in
Maccavia - Roman Republic
Valahir - Vikings
Sut - Evil Giants
Bakhal - Good Giants
Kaikoth - Dwarfs
Darhara - Turks
Hakkon - Persians
Aroulo - Japanese
Silk Throat - Drow Nation
Falcon, Bluewood, and Redwood - Different Elven Nations
Certas - No idea what this is supposed to be?
There appear to be a few other minor factions that used to have nations or Exist, that I have run across.  On then Eagle Knights who I keep recruiting (mostly find them as prisoners of outlaws and the uber tough Demon Worshiper) I have not had much dealing with them.

Here are the companions I have found:
Uldin - Lv 12 Human Male Valahir Warrior
Drovnar - Lv 12 Giant Male Bakhal Warrior, comes across as a nice but unlucky guy
Zaira - (Lv 2-4?) Human Female Darhara Horse Archer
Kara - (Lv 2-3?) Human Female Tolranian Noble with decent Healing skills
Agnare Stormcloak (Lv 1) Human Male Old God Priest.  I think he is Tolranian.  Has magical Clothes that are crap armor, but give skills bonuses
Saamsa - Drow (Claims Half-Drow) Female.  Does recruiting her cause troop morale or relationship issues?
Marcus - Human Male Arrogant Maccavian Noble
Tylen - Human Male Tolranian Noble who wants to overthrow the Tolranian King.  Since I plan to join the Tolranian faction I ignored him.  I never become a King, I like to become the leading Noble within a Faction.
Shadesin - Human Male Placeholder NPC
Dietrich - Human Male "Best of the Best" Drachen Warrior
Dohosan - Human Male Aroulo Warrior
Slyter - Human Male says he is a spy, but also be a beggar with active imagination.
Aracaus - Elf Male Warrior
Tamaris - Elf Female Warrior with 1980s Eye makeup.  Though, I would like to point out I do like the Female models in this mod.
Silivethial - Elf Female Warrior who is bald.

Lastly, I would like to lobby for the addition of an Iron mine in the Mountains near Chalbek Castle (you can move the one from near Forde if you want or add an additional one, which ever works for you).  Maybe add something else on that peninsula, besides the Iron mine like a Fertile Area would be nice too.  Though, this is a completely selfish request as that is the area I plan to have my "Main base."

Well, yes.

I'm afraid the next update you'd have to start over, but the GOOD news is I won't be making updates every 10 days like I used to.  I reckon you're safe until at least early March.  I can certainly add mines and resources someplace, although if you look around there are plenty of mines in different areas.  They ALWAYS are near mountains. so start by looking for mountains then follow the edge of mountains until you find a mine.  Someday when I am not so lazy I might put some monster/bandits at the mines but not for now.

Next up for deep overhauls are sea travel (done), magic (not started), and considerations of races and a prejudice engine (2/3 done) for purposes of starting as king/queen/vassal,  auto-rebellions (this needs much work), and magic (this needs deep work) / magic resist (resist has to come before magic).

I probably will overhaul Aruolo and replace it with Gekokujo troops and items.
  I'm actually not very happy with the entire troop trees, factions/names, and so on.  It would be so much cleaner to torch what's there and rebuild from the ground up, but it would lose some of its beauty.  There is enormous reward for doing so - I could get a new forum and stop hermit crabbing Rigale.  Cernunos deserves better from me.  I do need to resolve a "stuck in town" issue before moving on.  All of these things need time.

Phosphor was meant as a test of code; Perisno was convenient because it had a lot of (too much in fact) ready made art.  At this point it needs the art cut in half and a fresh map.  The map is a PITA to make; I'd just as soon buy it as have to grind one out myself.  Its a pity I can't dump a fractal map to jpeg and offer someone say $250 USD to convert it to a large in game map.  I should look at the Gekokujo map again and consider a very fantasy Japan, or perhaps a Persia but I want more sea travel.  I'll have to give it some thought.

I could certainly hijack orcs/urak hai from TLD, goblins/dwarves/drow from Elven Path (hmm I need to credit them it didnt get done earlier), oriental faces from Gekokujo.  I could thow away the entire set now and rebuild it fresh and it would load in half the time and run on feebler PCs.

Hmm I'll think about the next level of things.  If I did all that I'd change the name too.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom