Sergeant Knight at Arms
Robin's Match Previews

Index
Week 1 Poland vs Ireland
Week 1 Russia & Ukraine vs Norway & Denmark
Week 2 France vs Czechoslovakia

Match Preview

Czechoslovakia vs France

France vs Czechoslovakia will take place on Friday 19:30 GMT.

WnPjD.png
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

France & Luxembourg lost to Belgium & Netherlands in quarter final the Nation's Cup 2014 with a score of 12:4 to Belgium & Netherlands. They did not come so far even though they had players like Peter and Tobi. This year Peter and Tobi are not playing for France. Will France manage to beat Belgium & Netherlands week 3? France won the Nations Cup 2012, is it their time to shine this year and take a second Nations Cup victory? France won over Sweden with a score of  11:5. France won 6:0 on the first map, and the second map ended as a draw. France played really well on the first map, but suddenly they just wasted a lot of rounds on River Village, which I still don't understand why. For example, some of their cavs got dismounted before the flag even spawned. Still, they played very well vs Sweden on River Village, but maybe Sweden just played better on that map than France?

This year they are called France and not France & Luxembourg even though they got Brian and Thorr from Luxembourg.

France's roster this year is completely different than the roster they had in 2015. They do still have some old players like Paulo, Brian, Thorr, Subzero, Tigerwhite and Kulis who played in 2015.
But this year, their roster is very different. Some of their new players are: Ncromancien, Merzhin, Johny, Shakalis and Maximou.
Their team is quite good overall, will be interesting to see how they perform against the top teams.
Most of the people of team France are members of the clan, Unity. It feels like France has loads of Infantry players and all are extremely good at it but fewer archery and cavalry.
Looking at their roster we see some key players like Paulo, Subzero, Brian, Tigerwhite and Thorr. A really good line up in my opinion.

Paulo is the commander of both France and Unity. One of the scene's best archer and commander. Another great archer of France is Tigerwhite who has performed very well recently furthermore he is also a member of Unity. Will be interesting to see how Paulo and Tigerwhite do vs Czechoslovakia. It seems Paulo and Tigerwhite are the only dedicated archers for France, which is a limitation for them. But they have got players like Subzero and Brian who can play archer if needed. So there should not be any kind of problem anyway for them.
Brian and Thorr are two brothers from Luxembourg that plays Infantry most likely. They use to play for FRaG then moved to Unity and now are in the French team. Both are really good, but Brian seems to be an absolutely beast at the moment. I have been spectating Brian a lot recently, and how he plays is so nicely done. Thorr is also a beast infantry, but at the moment it feels like Brian is performing at his top and might become one of the best infantries of the game.
Subzero is another great player. His main class is cavalry and he is really good at it. He can play any class pretty much, but I enjoy seeing him as cavalry. Also playing at his top at the moment, how he performed vs Sweden was excellent. He is an unstoppable cavalry. Will be interesting to see how he performs vs Czechoslovakia. Sometimes he has bad days, and sometimes he has awesome days. Subzero is quite a huge player, and missing him would be a big loss. I am quite sure Subzero will be having a good day vs Czechoslovakia, no matter what. The commander of France is Paulo. Furthermore I have heard Brian is another great commander.

Travelling from the baugette country to Czechoslovakia, a new formed team of the Nations Cup 2016. Will be very interesting to see how they manage to perform vs France. Moreover, they managed to win two rounds against Belgium & Netherlands which I think in my opinion is really good against one of the better nations. I was quite surprised about the score, I thought Belgium & Netherlands would win something in the way like 12:0, but no, it did not happen. Czechoslovakia surprised us with the score and made sure no one will underestimate them.

~~***~~​
And now going from one of the best teams to Czechoslovakia.

Czechoslovakia is an alliance between Czech Republic and Slovakia. Czech Republic took part of the Nations Cup 2015 but Slovakia did not. Czech Republic did not make it into the quarter finals, sadly. Nations Cup 2015 they had players like Thunderon, JonyD, Gideon, Messium, Marek, and Umpa. A very good line up. Sadly they were missing Relaks, known as the best cavalry of the scene. I am sure they could have done much better if they had Relaks.

This year Czechoslovakia is commanded by Eduard, who is a new player to the scene. Eduard comes from Slovakia. Messius and Pepa, are both members of IG. Furthermore they are helping Eduard to command Czechoslovakia from what I have heard. Both are really good players, will be interesting to see how these two IG members will perform vs the French men. Maybe they will perform excellent, who knows.

Their roster seems to consist of new and old players. Czechoslovakia has some really great players like Marek, Kore, Alloo, LukeLdor, Messius and Pepa. Obviously, Marek is a very good cavalry but he is very inactive recently, hopefully he will return to being more active after the Nations Cup. Having Marek as an inactive player might be a big loss as well. Alloo, Kore and Messius are all decent infantries. Sadly, I do not think it will be enough against the French infantries, but we'll see about that. Pepa is a decent archer as well, but still, I don't think it will be enough against the french rangers. LukeLdor who I believe was leader of Bohemian Guard is a very old and experienced player. Sadly, I have not seen him playing warband at all recently, I would love to see him coming back to play native, but I am quite sure it won't happen at all.Czechoslovakia should probably spam Thunderon and Relaks to join them for this Nations Cup. They do need both of them, if they get them, they are absolutely way better than most Nations.

Will their commander Eduard deliver some good tactics on both maps, or will France make better tactics?

303fsxh.jpg

~~***~~​

nc16week2open_zpsug0ibdgc.png

Frosthaven is a new map made by Azan. Azan is a very good at making maps so I am quite sure this map will be another great map made by Azan. Frosthaven was used in Season IV of WWC and is currently used in NA WMT. Is an open map and the map is looking very balanced. Crossfire can easily be set up like on any other open map, counter the crossfire and you win. Frosthaven is not used on IG_Battlegrounds so everyone are pretty new to the map and has to train on the map loads of times to get everything in order. I have played the map twice now in matches, and in my opinion I like it a lot. A lot of surprises can easily be made on this map, we'll see what France and Czechoslovakia can provide us with. The spawns are quite far away from eachother, since the spawns are very much              balanced, a cav rush first round can easily be countered if you manage to do it in a proper way. The factions will be Nords vs Vaegir. Doing a cav rush as Nords might work, but will be harder as Vaegirs to make it work. Nord cavalry has their javelins and can easily throw javelins into the enemy. Having 8 cavalries as Nords might not be such a bad idea, afterall, AE managed to win with 8 cavalry vs IR in the final of the fifth Warband Native League.
Otherwise, I find the factions balanced for this map, so it will be very interesting to see how all Nations perform on this map. I am looking forward for this map a lot!

There's loads of places where you can set up your crossfire, and loads of places where you can camp and stay in cover at. So you don't have to worry all the time about getting shot, since there are a lot of places where you can hide. Furthermore it is a good map for infantry. Infantry do not have to feel useless on this map, they are playing a big part of the show this time. As a result of this, infantry are very useful on this map and must be used in a good way. Avoid getting shot by archers at least is a good start.
When I played matches on this map I felt like the flags were quite balanced as well, both teams had chances to approach the flag no matter where you were on the map. Both teams had same chances to win by flags. Secondly, you can easily set up a crossfire around the flags. Going for the flag the last 30 seconds might be a better idea than raising the flag all the time. It will be interesting to see how balanced the map actually is and to see the very first official NC matches on Frosthaven.

Nords is probably the better faction on this map and can easily kill whole Vaegir team. They got the javelins and axes who can easily break shields and kill enemies. Looking at the French cavalries, they got cavalries like Ncromancien, Brian, Subzero and Merzhin. A good cav line up. Czechoslovakia has one single good cavalry, and that's Marek. But Marek can't kill whole France himself, he needs support to do that. France feels very comfortable on open maps I heard. I think most Nations will go with around 3-4 cavalries and 1-2 archers and 3-4 infantries as Nords. Having infantries with javelins is not a big idea at all, it is actually a very good idea.
Sadly, I can't tell you so much of what people actually will be doing on this map, since we never saw an official match getting played on it. France has way more experienced players than Czechloslovakia does. The French cavalries will without any kind of problem kill Czechoslovakia's cavalries, since Marek can't do it alone. A match between some of the scene's best players versus a new formed nation might end up in a bad way.

However, Czechoslovakia might be able to get some kills on Frosthaven at least. After all, they got some experienced players. But will they manage to kill people like Brian and Paulo? We'll see. Czechoslovakia is after all improving and improving. But since most of them are new to the scene I think will struggle real hard on Frosthaven. Eduard is not a very experienced commander, so he must make sure his players are not doing suicide things. The French will have better communication since almost all of them are old and experienced and know how Native works. I am sure they can pick up some easy kills at some places on the map.
I had that feeling of France doing some weird things on the map which might cost them some rounds. Maybe their confidence will be the reason of them losing some rounds?

My prediction is that France will win 6:2 on Frosthaven.
~~***~~​

The second map is Verloren, once again made by Azan. Both Frosthaven and Verloren are made by Azan, he must feel honoured having both his maps getting played week 2 of the Nations Cup 2016. Verloren has been used in the most tournaments and is probably the most appreciated map ever. Everyone loves to play on Verloren, it is just such a good map. The factions for Verloren are Swadia vs Nords. Since all the French men are old and experienced they will win quite high on this map as well. Playing vs a new formed team with new players on a closed map might be fun for France but not for Czechoslovakia. It is a closed map indeed, and will be in favour of France once again, due to their infantries being very good. Having the Luxembourg brothers as infantries on a closed map is a very good idea for France. I am pretty sure France doesn't have to use their best team for this map since their whole team consist of good players. But on Frosthaven they should stick with their best roster.

We all know how Verloren works so it won't be as interesting as Frosthaven will be. Camping for flags all the time, might be boring for France since they know they can easily win the infantry fight. Maybe it is time for France to lose the infantry fights!

Czechoslovakia, will have to think wisely about the tactics for both maps to make it work against a nation such as France. France will just be shooting bolts and arrows all over the maps, and setting up an easy crossfire so Czechoslovakia can walk into it. Does Czechoslovakia know how to handle a situation where they are in a crossfire? Most of the rounds, France are going to kill the whole enemy team without having a single guy dying, maybe Czechoslovakia will surprise us once again and make sure it won't happen. Maybe they will perform better vs France than they did against Belgium & Netherlands.

nc16week2closed_zpsbjntrchn.png

~~***~~​
My prediction is a victory for team France with a score of 12:3 against team Czechoslovakia.
~~***~~​

Thanks to Aeronwen for the formatting and Kohath for the graphic!

Back
Top Bottom