A swordsman, an archer, and a cav walk into a bar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Curious about skills in multiplayer. You've got infantry, cavalry, and archers. So, do something like archers have less skill at one-handed weapons than if you were to pick infantry? I know the player themselves is a huge factor, but do you attack slower, and with less "power-strike" when using something like the archer?

If I pick infantry and equip a sword and shield, but then later the shield dies and I discard the sword for a two-handed sword. Are my stats for the two-handed sword the same as if I were to choose a two-handed sword from the start? On foot, how does cavalry compare to infantry skill-wise? Are they equals, or does the infantry have higher stats in some areas since they don't have horse riding?
Do any factions have an upper-hand in certain weapon areas? Do Nords start with more one-handed, while Vaegris start with more polearm?

Maybe none of this matters and everyone is just set with some base level of 100 in all proficiencies and power-strike set to 0 or something. I don't know, and you can't see those sort of stats.

Side question. If I've got a bag of javelins or whatever, and I use them all up, do they still count towards my overall weight? I typically shoot them all off first before jumping into the fray so I'm not needlessly slowed down.

Do these questions make sense? If not I'll try to be more clear about what I'm talking about.

Every class from every faction has its own stats. Check the multiplayer wiki for the complete list.

The archer orders some butter, and the swordsman gets some whiskey. The cav says "I'd like some beer please", but the bartender responds "Sorry, I can't serve you any beer". Puzzled, the cav asks why not. "Because," says the bartender, "Whisky is for my men. Beer is for my horses".

Generally infantry have higher melee stats than archers or cavalry (mainly power strike and athletics), other stats vary around quite a bit. Not all archers or cavalry are the same in stats, rhodok cav for instance have pretty reasonable melee stats while sarranid have poor athletics and power strike. Likewise some rangers have very poor stats while others are more reasonable.

As for javelins, I believe the pack will stay at full weight until it is empty, then it will go to zero weight.

At first, I read the thread tittle .. and I thought it really was a joke (and a good one!). I feel betrayed, defiled, such a blemish in my life, is what this thread means to me.

Don't mind me, it's a bit late and people forgot to lock the door of the multiplayer board.

Is that chart you posted accurate? It sais that nords have the most riding skill of any faction, and also shows sarranid archers having equal stats to nord archers. Seems really weird to me.

Ebdanian Admiral said:
Is that chart you posted accurate? It sais that nords have the most riding skill of any faction, and also shows sarranid archers having equal stats to nord archers. Seems really weird to me.
Nords for sure have the highest riding skill

Very interesting. They also have 105 proficiency with a crossbow despite Nords not getting crossbows.

The more you know :razz:

Back
Top Bottom