Hype Video Competition (Completed. Results inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nationscup9f63.png

I want to see some YouTube hype trailer style videos for the Nations Cup 2016 for either the tournament itself or your country. (you have to make it obviously)
Alas my forum code skills are limited so its not a pretty post :razz: (working on the image and post when i can)
You have until midnight 6th February to present your video for judgement! (post here)

Top 4 Videos get a prize NOTE: THIS IS A SOLO PRIZE COMPETITION IM NOT GIVING OUT A COPY OF A GAME TO EVERY MEMBER OF A COUNTRY :grin:

First place gets their pick of games from: (only one game unless its the combo deal)

Payday 2+ DLCS (The Big Bank Heist, Gage Mod Courier, Gage Assault Pack and Dragan Character Pack) (Dukens Prize)
The Talos Principle  Belendor

Or a combination of  two of these:
Mushroom 11LeRoux
Grim Fandango Remasterd M
Spelunky LeRoux
A Fistful of Gun Shoxi
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Second place gets second pick, Third place gets third pick and fourth place gets last pick of two

Thanks to Rage for offering his prize up to M and Shoxi

The Videos!

My Video (not official entry)

The Judges!

Osiris
Kiano
Piccolo
Captain Lust
Dyktator
Aeronwen

Special Guest/Star judge (thanks to aeronwen for getting him involved)
Drew Holt-Kentwell, formally head of Razer eSports now Founder and Managing Director of Catalyst eSports Solutions

The Results! (with quotes)

1st Place: Nations Cup 2016 Trailer by Duken!
"epic music, epic style, epic video; contains all the important info" "Solid music choice, good transitions and effects used. Ending animation demonstrates great video skills."

2nd Place: Warband Nations Cup 2016 by aD_Rage
"Good use of in-game footage and commentary, cool music choice." "nice choice of game play clips and map movements to show what its about"

3rd Place: NC 2016 BeNe Boys Repping! by LeRoux
"makes you smile :smile: upbeat music; upbeat style; well chosen clips" "Strange music choice, Dutch accents and mainstream gaming terminology like 'clutches' and 'crazy plays'...somehow a winning combination."

4th Place: The Cavalry by Belendor
"Great music choice and voiceover mix. Some of the in-game spectator footage a touch random/shaky" "nice idea to make it into a story but some of the music was overpowering"

5th-6th: Team UK by M
"hilarious; upbeat music; ends abruptly, could have been longer" "Quirky...to say the least"

5th-6th: Yugoslavia Promo by Shoxi
"Some great in-game transitions and camera perspectives but lack of sound is unfortunate!" "I liked the idea of different shot angles of the guy running"

I will contact the winners in order to give out prizes. Thanks to all the people who participated in the competition and the results were close so being near the bottom isnt so bad! I will make more in the future, maybe for the end of the NC we will see. So get practising and good luck!

Team Turkey will come soon, but it might miss the deadline for the quality I will be trying to achieve. I will put it on regardless.

Back
Top Bottom