OSP Kit Combat [WB] Stamina system / Battle improvement

Users who are viewing this thread

domipoppe

Knight
Old Guard
Stamina system / Battle improvement
Alpha version 1​

What is this?
For now it is a OSP project and it is "small" but aims to get bigger and immersive.
At the current stage it is trying & testing. That's why I need other people for it.
You have to test it and review it, how it works, how you like it and if it lags or not.
I currently use the stamina bar from Brytenwalda as I am bad in making presentations  :oops:
You can model, make sounds or texture? Write me!

General important note/Credits
If you use the sounds or parts of the scripts or the scripts in general or something related like that then add following credits to your module:
Using OSP Stamina system/Battle improvement by Meijk Vandat/Illuminati
Using stamina bar from Brytenwalda

Current breathing sounds
Yes it's me who is breathing. If you have a quite good microphone you can record 5 stages too with your voice and I will implant it into the module.
Maximal sound length: 2.0 seconds
E.G: As more voices as more different sounds, as more immense!

What are the current features
Important knowledge: All agents are influenced by stamina. E.G: A bot did fight a lot, he is slowered down, can't aim that good anymore, does lower damage and is heavily breathing  :wink:
- Breathing system (all agents breath and the heaviness is adjusted by the stamina points)
- Damage influence (if you are out of breath you nearly do no damage nor you are able to run fast or shoot 100% accurate)
- Stamina removement (on successful hits, no matter if they did damage, you loose stamina)
- Stamina refreshment (depending on your current stamina, this system refreshes your stamina slowly and adjusts all effects)

How to test?
Download the module system (and sources, optional) and play battle or duel. Host a game with bots or with your friends.
I suggest: Blocking by mouse movement & fighting speed on slowest due to realism.

Test reviews
Here are all tests reviewed and listed (important for future improvement/development):
Meijk Vandat: No FPS lags/general lags, works good, needs probably some balancing in future and should be more extended.
... post your review on this thread and I will add it!

What do you plan in future?
A heavier gore system, a breathing particle effect system, stamina points should get reduced by more actions.
You have an idea? Go ahead!

Download:
Sources: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1mi-HuUDJwV0VxWDFQTl9ta0U/view?usp=sharing
Module itself: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1mi-HuUDJwTVJ5R1RhdGVQLU0/view?usp=sharing

You have questions in how to add this to your mod? Go ahead!

As you are looking for testers, i will leave the thread in the forge for greater exposure. Once you want it moved to the OSP section, let me know.

It's following thing in module_mission_templates.py:

realistic_combat_loop

look for:
(try_begin),
(gt, ":stamina_points", 50),
(val_add, ":stamina_points", 1.25),
(else_try),
(val_add, ":stamina_points", 0.85),
(try_end),

Basically, if the agent has more than 50% of the stamina bar then he gets added 1.25 stamina points if not 0.85.
So if you have more stamina you regen faster stamina again, if you are exhausted then you regen it slowly.
Just assign these two values.

Trigger list in module_mission_templates.
Like adding the triggers actually on the common battle list.
Just search for realistic_combat_loop and you will find trigger lists like
copy these and add them at the same position in your templates.

Nice, thank you, it works fine.

I have just another question, I modified the sounds with custom ones but on the server they all play on top of each other instead of one after the other, do you know where it comes from?

The sounds need to be as long as mine are.
Then keep in mind, everyone around you is breathing too.

If you want you can upload your sounds here, I want to make it really extended with a lot of voices so all agents sound different.

Back
Top Bottom