General Discussion and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Savhos said:
Hey ! I have big fps drops in battles, it gets better I reduce the battle size to 150 or below, but having no problem with higher battle sized on other mods and native I was wondering why does this one hits your frame rate so high.

Also I'd suggest adding more weapon tipes... they all look the same, with the same stats.. kind of boring.

Mod looks promising, cheers

It's perfectly normal because this mod has better graphics, high res textures everywhere, not just items, but ground, walls, rocks, flora, even the terrain borders are pretty demanding. There isn't a big variation in stats for balance reasons but aesthetically there are many different stuff.

thewanderingknight said:
Savhos said:
Hey ! I have big fps drops in battles, it gets better I reduce the battle size to 150 or below, but having no problem with higher battle sized on other mods and native I was wondering why does this one hits your frame rate so high.

Also I'd suggest adding more weapon tipes... they all look the same, with the same stats.. kind of boring.

Mod looks promising, cheers

It's perfectly normal because this mod has better graphics, high res textures everywhere, not just items, but ground, walls, rocks, flora, even the terrain borders are pretty demanding. There isn't a big variation in stats for balance reasons but aesthetically there are many different stuff.

I'm ok with same-stats weapons, but I also hope there'll be a greater variation on weapon types

Aranos92 said:
There will be a multiplayer version of this wonderful mod in the future? I'll hope to play it with my friends and my clan :smile:

If someone want to make a multiplayer mod using this as base I'm fine with it (while is multiplayer only without any single player), but I don't intend to do it myself.

Absolutely gorgeous mod. Most mods end up struggling to make the game look decent, but you make it actually look really damn good, which is an impressive enough feat on its own.

The one thing that drags it down, especially compared to other mods that take place in similar eras, is the lack of variety in equipment. As someone wanting to go in playing as a slaver, it was disappointing to find out that there were no blunt weapons, for example.

Weathercock said:
Absolutely gorgeous mod. Most mods end up struggling to make the game look decent, but you make it actually look really damn good, which is an impressive enough feat on its own.

The one thing that drags it down, especially compared to other mods that take place in similar eras, is the lack of variety in equipment. As someone wanting to go in playing as a slaver, it was disappointing to find out that there were no blunt weapons, for example.

Maces is a type of weapon I'm actually considering adding. However even if I add maces there will always be someone saying want more swords, axes, armors etc lol I've come to the conclusion no matter how much I add there will be always someone complaining about something xd

Hey, what's the main difference between the mod version 1.3 and 1.5? I downloaded both and 1.3 runs much smoother. I think 1.5's system requirements are already too high..

SRACon17 said:
Hey, what's the main difference between the mod version 1.3 and 1.5? I downloaded both and 1.3 runs much smoother. I think 1.5's system requirements are already too high..

1.5 has completely new scenes for random encounters and other new stuff but of course the scenes are what makes it more demanding. That's actually the reason I kept 1.3 download up.

thewanderingknight said:
Weathercock said:

Maces is a type of weapon I'm actually considering adding. However even if I add maces there will always be someone saying want more swords, axes, armors etc lol I've come to the conclusion no matter how much I add there will be always someone complaining about something xd

For what it's worth, what you've managed to put in is already so polished that wanting to see more is something I think you'll see coming for a long time. As far as problems go, that's not an entirely terrible one to have.

Additionally, an option to turn off the random events would be nice. I hated them in ACOK, and I'm no fan of them here either. The only time they don't bother me is in Gekokujo, in which they're not nearly as intrusive, and have the option to also be turned off entirely.

Weathercock said:
thewanderingknight said:
Weathercock said:

For what it's worth, what you've managed to put in is already so polished that wanting to see more is something I think you'll see coming for a long time. As far as problems go, that's not an entirely terrible one to have.

Additionally, an option to turn off the random events would be nice. I hated them in ACOK, and I'm no fan of them here either. The only time they don't bother me is in Gekokujo, in which they're not nearly as intrusive, and have the option to also be turned off entirely.

I guess I can add option to disable them yes.

Check out new video by Arcade Knight this time playing as Salah al-Din and also new episode from Grandmaster of the Templars crusade adventures by Mount&Blade Gaming ^^

This is one hell of a mod. I really, really liked it. It came really good after I finished reading Arn books. Wasn't actually expecting to see Arn in game but I was pleasantly surprised. I was also surprised by the high quality textures that I liked a lot. Very well made map. Everything is very well made. Factions, troops, armour and weapons, scenes, everything. I enjoy playing it a lot. You can see that the author put a lot of time and effort in this mod. Good job man. Good job indeed.

One thing I dislike tho. Not much of a variety between factions. I get the feeling that the christian factions are all the same except that they have different coloured uniforms. It could be improved by adding different troops or even changing the names in order for them to at least appear different. Also I think there is not much variety in weapons and armour. I know you can't make up new weapons, since this is a historical mod, but I guess adding more different types of weapons would be much appreciated and it would do well to this already awesome mod. Again, good job author and I hope you continue improving this mod in the future (I already mentioned, in my opinion, what aspects need to improve.).

Any way, thank you for creating such a good mod. Keep up the good work.

it is nice to have a real world map town and castles on SoF.
but can we make it a bit more smoother just like Native map?

what i feel the current map was just a bit rough.

New version v1.5 Enhanced RELEASED. If you already have the default 1.5 version just download the patch. This is just v1.5 + patches + some other fixes and corrections.

Just a couple of things about templar crossbowmen, they have 0 athletics which in turn dramatically affects the party speed, they should have at least 1.

Also crossbowmen have more crossbow points than veteran crossbowmen, not by much but still that makes no sense, the veteran dudes should have at very least like 50 more points in there.

thewanderingknight said:
New version v1.5 Enhanced RELEASED. If you already have the default 1.5 version just download the patch. This is just v1.5 + patches + some other fixes and corrections.

Is it save game compatible? also by "download the patch" do you mean the "SoF v1.5 Battle Log and Map Patch"?

Just a suggestion but you should start naming these minor version changes, for example 1.5a, 1.5b, 1.5c etc, easier to keep track not only for us but for you as well.

onarum said:
Just a couple of things about templar crossbowmen, they have 0 athletics which in turn dramatically affects the party speed, they should have at least 1.

Also crossbowmen have more crossbow points than veteran crossbowmen, not by much but still that makes no sense, the veteran dudes should have at very least like 50 more points in there.

thewanderingknight said:

Is it save game compatible? also by "download the patch" do you mean the "SoF v1.5 Battle Log and Map Patch"?

Just a suggestion but you should start naming these minor version changes, for example 1.5a, 1.5b, 1.5c etc, easier to keep track not only for us but for you as well.

It is save game compatible yes, the patch is the one you said yes.

Back
Top Bottom