General Discussion and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread shall replace the original thread for the general discussion about the mod and suggestions, feel free to talk about your overall experience playing the mod and leave your suggestions about what you think would improve the mod :smile:

Sands of Faith Banner by TheElPadrino:

http://www.zupimages.net/up/15/36/17vz.png

This is THE best mod I've ever played. Extremely good graphics, detailed factions, very immersive gameplay...... loads of good stuff I'm simply speechless. I can see its dev. has put a lot of effort in it, thanks so much for such a great mod. I can see a lot of potential in this mod...... and it should've been far more popular imho

hell I registered just to praise your mod, I'm totally in awe. Thank you soooooo much man

RabbitJeff said:
This is THE best mod I've ever played. Extremely good graphics, detailed factions, very immersive gameplay...... loads of good stuff I'm simply speechless. I can see its dev. has put a lot of effort in it, thanks so much for such a great mod. I can see a lot of potential in this mod...... and it should've been far more popular imho

hell I registered just to praise your mod, I'm totally in awe. Thank you soooooo much man

Thanks for support :smile:

Guys that new "patch" what it does is removing the "reinforcement presentation/sounds" the reason is that is a little buggy and also conflicts with certain other presentations although I tried to code it in a way it doesn't. However there shouldn't be any problem if you don't use the "backspace" presentation which makes the battle log and also the campaign map log disappear sometimes. If you don't care about reinforcement presentation by all means use it to remove it. Keep in mind though using "backspace" instead of f/numbers keys to give orders not only you'll only have the vanilla orders you also miss the voice over when issuing orders.

Added 2 more let's play from latest version, there is now 1 for each different start, thanks a lot for everyone recording these videos, they're very helpful to sort out bugs and fun to watch ^^

:grin: how about including water as a consumable resource
available at villages :iamamoron: as every village seems to have an oasis!

for example - you can ask the village elder for some water-carriers
the same way you ask for cattle  :wink:

I have a question, and or/ suggestion..

Are you going to upload this mod to STEAM?

Everytime I try and download the mod, it gives me this:
https://i.gyazo.com/e98be84c99f744f01071f4ba042461cd.png    Specifically the file type.  This isn't an installer or folder, and I can't do anything
with this type of file.  I can't extract it, because it wont register it as a mod or anything.  I know with steam that it happens to do it instantly.

Thank you.

PinkFluffyBunnyWarrior said:

https://i.gyazo.com/e98be84c99f744f01071f4ba042461cd.png    Specifically the file type.  This isn't an installer or folder, and I can't do anything
with this type of file.  I can't extract it, because it wont register it as a mod or anything.  I know with steam that it happens to do it instantly.

Thank you.

This is a compressed file, google winrar or 7zip or sth like that to unzip
Afterwards just put the file into mods folder in your warband directory

Zipped files are very common...hope this will help you in the future

PinkFluffyBunnyWarrior said:

Thank you.

Download 7zip (it's free) and extract with it to your Warband/Modules folder as stated in Mod Description. Steam didn't want to accept the custom shader files apparently.

Alright thank you!

EDIT: When I play the mod I will give you a gigantic list of suggestions ^~^
I look forward to this mod!  I might include small historical items, all the way to small and rather dubious sandbox features that you can add!

NEW PATCH RELEASED: Rework reinforcement stuff that shall fix several issues like battle log disappearing and also shall fix some campaign map pathfinding. Copy/paste txt files in this folder to sands of Faith v1.5 folder and replace. Unlike the old patch this one only removes the reinforcement image but preserves all the script and sounds.

I think the two Muslim factions could do with some buffs, campaign wise. In my game the Christian factions are owning them even without my help, especially the Ayyubid Sultanate. It's a bit boring like this. I know the Muslim factions have more Lords, but I suspect the flexibility of 4 Marshals (as opposed to 2) more than makes up for it in actual campaign performance.

Of course I could try to get the Christian factions warring each other, but it doesn't feel right in terms of immersion.

Captain_Octavius said:
I think the two Muslim factions could do with some buffs, campaign wise. In my game the Christian factions are owning them even without my help, especially the Ayyubid Sultanate. It's a bit boring like this. I know the Muslim factions have more Lords, but I suspect the flexibility of 4 Marshals (as opposed to 2) more than makes up for it in actual campaign performance.

Of course I could try to get the Christian factions warring each other, but it doesn't feel right in terms of immersion.

Do you know that everyone else said Muslim factions are overpowered? I believe results vary however is more likely to muslim factions overun the crusaders and not otherwise believe me. You can't really judge it in just one playthrough.

Captain_Octavius said:

Similar experiance on my end. This is my gameplay in a nutshell if this helps;

Started as an adventurer and stayed neutral hunting bandits for ~50 days. The Ayybid Sulatanate started loosing its territory to the north early on, this was difficult for it to come back from as although it had the single largest territory at the start it was very spaced out and meant the single martial was caught out of place quite often by the crusaders.
I joined the Ayyubids around day 60 (generally prefer fighting as the underdog), unfortunetly even with 100 mamelukes I was haveing trouble making a dent in the crusader advancement. Although I could use my superior map speed and cavalry amy to destroy individual lords once a seige party with a martial came along there wasnt much I could do, generally the castle or town they aimed at was taken. Even with my recapturing some the momentum was too great. (Al Asrah for example changed hands 5 or so times). At this stage the Ayyubids are down to Alexandria, Ciaro and some castles. It appears that the ai martial keeps changeing plans between seigeing something on one side of the map and then defending the other- effectively keeping itself tied up in indecision.
Could a possible workaround be to split the ayyubids into two factions? The egypt based 'western' and say damascus based 'eastern'? That allows them to keep their martials slightly more localised with territory but shouldnt be to overwhelming to the crusaders.

Btw finding this mod very well done and entertaining. Actually enjoying the universal gear 'tiering' and lack of overpowered weapons/armour. Makes it much more about the tactics and army usage. Camels are quite nifty too.
Cheers!

Fira Gandor said:
Captain_Octavius said:

Similar experiance on my end. This is my gameplay in a nutshell if this helps;

Started as an adventurer and stayed neutral hunting bandits for ~50 days. The Ayybid Sulatanate started loosing its territory to the north early on, this was difficult for it to come back from as although it had the single largest territory at the start it was very spaced out and meant the single martial was caught out of place quite often by the crusaders.
I joined the Ayyubids around day 60 (generally prefer fighting as the underdog), unfortunetly even with 100 mamelukes I was haveing trouble making a dent in the crusader advancement. Although I could use my superior map speed and cavalry amy to destroy individual lords once a seige party with a martial came along there wasnt much I could do, generally the castle or town they aimed at was taken. Even with my recapturing some the momentum was too great. (Al Asrah for example changed hands 5 or so times). At this stage the Ayyubids are down to Alexandria, Ciaro and some castles. It appears that the ai martial keeps changeing plans between seigeing something on one side of the map and then defending the other- effectively keeping itself tied up in indecision.
Could a possible workaround be to split the ayyubids into two factions? The egypt based 'western' and say damascus based 'eastern'? That allows them to keep their martials slightly more localised with territory but shouldnt be to overwhelming to the crusaders.

Btw finding this mod very well done and entertaining. Actually enjoying the universal gear 'tiering' and lack of overpowered weapons/armour. Makes it much more about the tactics and army usage. Camels are quite nifty too.
Cheers!

Well everyone else said otherwise so it's obvious to me that it really depends, also keep in mind they have a vast territory and crusaders have the advantage of starting more united but in the long term things change so it's kinda dynamic.

True, probably depends a lot on RNG once the game is in play, I'm going to try another crusader based start and see how that goes.

As another suggestion, would you consider either adding some pilgrims as a separate troop for the crusaders (ie easy to recruit in towns) or lowering the base troop tiers equipment? I was thinking along the lines of billhooks, cudgels daggers etc. The current base troops have decent gear in the form of pikes, this could bring it more in line with the rabble that made up the bulk of the first few crusades.

Also from a roleplay immersion perspective could it be possible to include a larger amount of base clothing as available for purchase (to avoid cluttering the merchants with crap you could possibly rename the book merchant to tinkerer and have them stock some misc clothing choices)? I changed that on mine using Morghs as I find it quite enjoyable for nancing around towns or for hobbling myself if I decide to enter a battle in town clothes.

Again thanks, this mod is brilliant- merely offering my suggestions as I believe it has so much potential.

Fira Gandor said:
True, probably depends a lot on RNG once the game is in play, I'm going to try another crusader based start and see how that goes.

As another suggestion, would you consider either adding some pilgrims as a separate troop for the crusaders (ie easy to recruit in towns) or lowering the base troop tiers equipment? I was thinking along the lines of billhooks, cudgels daggers etc. The current base troops have decent gear in the form of pikes, this could bring it more in line with the rabble that made up the bulk of the first few crusades.

Also from a roleplay immersion perspective could it be possible to include a larger amount of base clothing as available for purchase (to avoid cluttering the merchants with crap you could possibly rename the book merchant to tinkerer and have them stock some misc clothing choices)? I changed that on mine using Morghs as I find it quite enjoyable for nancing around towns or for hobbling myself if I decide to enter a battle in town clothes.

Again thanks, this mod is brilliant- merely offering my suggestions as I believe it has so much potential.

I'm not really interested in change that stuff, the main reason I released the source code is that anyone can do whatever changes they like. Regarding troop trees I'll maybe expand them though, maybe make "castle guards" recruitable.

I like this mod a lot! However I discovered a bug and I have a suggestion:

BUG: merchant ships are stucked on the bay and can't move

Suggestion: As already said I suggest to divide ayyuib into 2 states and I also suggest to add Byzantine Empire because it is a neutral nation, in fact they are against muslims but they are orthodox

so catholic nation attacked byzantium in the past, plus it would be funnier

kioto96 said:
I like this mod a lot! However I discovered a bug and I have a suggestion:

BUG: merchant ships are stucked on the bay and can't move

Suggestion: As already said I suggest to divide ayyuib into 2 states and I also suggest to add Byzantine Empire because it is a neutral nation, in fact they are against muslims but they are orthodox

so catholic nation attacked byzantium in the past, plus it would be funnier

Merchant fleets are supposed to stay there for a while.

Hey ! I have big fps drops in battles, it gets better I reduce the battle size to 150 or below, but having no problem with higher battle sized on other mods and native I was wondering why does this one hits your frame rate so high.

Also I'd suggest adding more weapon tipes... they all look the same, with the same stats.. kind of boring.

Mod looks promising, cheers

Back
Top Bottom