[SUBMOD] [For PoP 3.9.5] Proper/Polished Landscapes Mod V.3.6+ NEW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you all for the kind words ^^
@Titanjones when you download PoP 3.8.4 patch 4 you can see that the PoP team did disable the advanced formations maybe, it is just to much for some, to use. I just did take it over because i i don't need it, too.
but you can enable it at you module.ini by stetting the 0 to a 1 at advanced formations.
Cheers!

Titanjones said:
Think this submod is incomplete. When I install this on top of 3.8.4, it disables advanced formations and I cant give the special orders like rank 1-4, and "melee only", "ranged only". It reverts back to the old 3.8 formation/tactics menu. Please update.

Can anyone explain to me why PL isnt part of POP? Why wont the devs include it?

Actually, advanced formations were supposed to be disabled by default in the patch but for some reason they left them on anyways. It was a setting they left in for you to be able to personally change, just open module.ini, hit ctrl+f and type in "Advanced", and find the Enable_advanced_formations string. change it to 1 and save and you're good to go.

Also, PL isn't part of PoP because it impacts performance significantly as MitchyMatt has said, it does even in vanilla, let alone mods that sometimes have higher quality textures, more average polygon count per battle scene, etc.  If it was included by default a lot of people with bad computers wouldn't be happy, I have a bad computer and I use the mod only because I dislike stock landscapes for battle, and it DOES have a significant impact on performance, requiring textures to be slided down and battles to be sized down if I want to play with the same framerate. The new resources used in Polished Landscapes are simply more demanding. But it's a fair trade, computers is computers and they'll run how they'll run. If you want the good graphix, you use PoP or other cosmetic tweaks. If you want the good performance, you don't.

finedwarvenmods said:
Also, PL isn't part of PoP because it impacts performance significantly as MitchyMatt has said, it does even in vanilla, let alone mods that sometimes have higher quality textures, more average polygon count per battle scene, etc.  If it was included by default a lot of people with bad computers wouldn't be happy, I have a bad computer and I use the mod only because I dislike stock landscapes for battle, and it DOES have a significant impact on performance, requiring textures to be slided down and battles to be sized down if I want to play with the same framerate. The new resources used in Polished Landscapes are simply more demanding. But it's a fair trade, computers is computers and they'll run how they'll run. If you want the good graphix, you use PoP or other cosmetic tweaks. If you want the good performance, you don't.
Also, the hitboxes are strange and often too complicated. You sometimes hit bushes, the trees are much denser, so it can be claustrophobic.
Somebody should optimize the original mod. It'd require a bit of time, but it's not hard.
The creator has indicated this on his page:
"- no LODs - i have no time for this, please don't complain if you have low spec PC's"

snouz said:
finedwarvenmods said:
Also, the hitboxes are strange and often too complicated. You sometimes hit bushes, the trees are much denser, so it can be claustrophobic.
Somebody should optimize the original mod. It'd require a bit of time, but it's not hard.
"- no LODs - i have no time for this, please don't complain if you have low spec PC's"
I did optimize the ori. mod, this is also a propper PL.. did you even try this submod?!
I think i made a good varrity for the hitboxes too, so it does not feel claustrophobic at all..
I made new lods too, pls stop takling about my submod like i did not even spend time at it.. thx  :roll: :wink:
EDIT: Sometimes the LODS are not good at all, they make the game look awful

HooTmAn said:
snouz said:
finedwarvenmods said:
I did optimize the ori. mod, this is also a propper PL.. did you even try this submod?!
I think i made a good varrity for the hitboxes too, so it does not feel claustrophobic at all..
I made new lods too, pls stop takling about my submod like i did not even spend time at it.. thx  :roll: :wink:

He's talking about original PL not your version. It's really not hard to make lods when one has openbrf. It's just time consuming.

HooTmAn said:
I made new lods too, pls stop takling about my submod like i did not even spend time at it.. thx

It's great that you did a submod and adapted that mod to work correctly with POP. It's great for people who can afford the performance hit, and I'm not trying to diminish your work.

I was talking about the original mod. But let's be objective so you know what I'm talking about. Just made a fresh folder with your last version.
-There are 6 trees with lods (in tree_f) and 8 bushes that seem to have them, but there's only one that makes them disappear at lod2.
-Trees are generally much more complex. For example, tree_10_a is 4603 vertexes. For reference, the native model on this one is 86 vertexes. We limited 3.8 armors to a grant maximum of 2000, with lods going as simple as 50. It is not an exception: the whole of native "xtree_meshes_b" is 4926 vertexes, while PL's one is 30969.
-Some trees use very HD textures. For example, trees that use material sp_pine_needles_2 use it hundreds of time, and it's 512x512 px. For reference, every helmet in POP use textures of 512x512 max, usually twice (mirrored texture).
-Some hitboxes are absolutely too complex. Hitboxes require a whole lot of computation, so they're usually simplified with a few shapes. Usually, trees can use as few as 1 cylinder. "bo_aspen_b" uses the original model, which is 2081 vertexes, including irrelevant branches and stuff.
-Running the error finder in openbrf, it reveals the submod has 268 106 errors. Missing collisions, missing meshes, duplicate collisions, textures and materials.

So what I was saying is: that would be great if someone decided to do the work gutekfiutek refused to do, as a modder's resource. Until then, it's still objectively unoptimized, and reserved to people with higher end computers.

HooTmAn said:
snouz said:
finedwarvenmods said:

We really appreciate all your hard work, your submod makes PoP look amazing!  :grin:

Well, i am not mad with you guys, you can still talk about PL or this Submod.
I wasn't really shure about wich Polished Landscape you talked or if you know what i did fix, what the differences are between those two mods. (thx MitchMatt, too)
I just wanted to say also that, This PL Version is the newest OSP version you can get on TW. This means, like i say at the FirstPage, you can use This Submod for other Mods, too. Or as a start to improve PL even further if somebody wants to.

@snouz
Thx man, i don't think that you try to diminish my Submod. I know you could do it probably better and I'm happy with that. Also sometimes I'm "drunk" to read the TW forum like i should and respond then ;D ^^

-These 6 trees in tree_f have lods because i still try to find, think about LODS. I think i will delete all their LODs, too. I tried to find a way to get more performance but for me i have the same performance with out LODs, then with them.
Like you say "reserved to people with higher end computers." But i know that people with low end PCs (not very **** potato low end crap PCs) can use this submod, too. Because it is more optimized then the Original PL and Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 is so damn good optimized that you still find some performance, to spend.
-About the vertexes, that may help PL to run better on potato PCs but that is not even much vertexes going on, It is actually way better for the Performance what you did with all the Items. Warband is old so, I wait for Bannerlord to give me a better PL and performance raiting, even it looks 100 better than the PL-Mod. ^^
-Hmm for me the Hitboxes are ok, I did test the game once with out any hitboxes and i'am very sure the performance was the same, for me.
-All those errors there are actually way less then befor, I deleted some collisions, missing meshes (thats strange stuff man), duplicate collisions (i did copy over some) but they are actually all good, made sure every tree has the correct collision, textures and mats i had to move them to other BRFs, it all works, shows up now.

I don't think it makes much sense to improve PL much more, atleast at my end. I have 60 FPS all the time in game with 300 Units on the Battlefield. The only time i sometimes see a 1 sec lag is when the Reinforcements spawn. PoP 3.8 looks so damn good and with my Submod. That i don't think there is any other Warband Mod wich could make the same Fun, give the same experience or such a smooth gameplay, performance like PoP does.

k0nr@d said:
May I ask you what is your CPU & GPU combo? Are you using SSD?
I only use SSD, Win 7 / CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K OC 4,0 Ghz/ 16 GB RAM XMP Profile OC/ -- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC
- Texture Memory: 4095 ( Available Texture Memory: 3684 )

I love this mod mate thanks for your work.
I have i7 6700 k and gtx 1080 i never go under 60 fps so the better graphics you can make it the better for me :smile:

Would be great if the POP mod could be maxed out for high end users as it is a old game

TheNewKing said:
I love this mod mate thanks for your work.
I have i7 6700 k and gtx 1080 i never go under 60 fps so the better graphics you can make it the better for me :smile:

Would be great if the POP mod could be maxed out for high end users as it is a old game
Thank you mate, holly cheez you have a very good Rig. You are right, there are more powerfull PCs wich play Warband.. then low end Systems.

@Hootman: Hi, I just wanted to mention that Torbah has a tree in the middle of it's tavern. I know that it's particularly due to Polished Landscapes and I thought I'll let you know (I'm using latest version for 3.8.4, patch 5 of course):
E05C3269896963A65778BA89591F08A246AF4C57
Still a great submod that you made / compiled, I'm lovin' it! :mrgreen: I hope you won't lose interest in updating it from time to time whenever a new patch of PoP will come out that is not fully compatible with this awesome submod :party: Anyway, thanks again!
Cheers! :grin:

Thx man.
LÖL ^^ i never saw that plant. It actually looks not that bad, that D'Shar "Home Grow Plant". I don't know what they smoke in Torbah but yeah.. it looks stange.  :mrgreen:

I will try to do an update also for PoP 3.8.5 but i have to say that i will move to an other Continent, soon. So, i maybe will not have the time then. But you, all are free to use this submod to mod it or to make it compatible with 3.8.5 then. If i can not find the time or even won't have the ability, tools to do so then.
Cheers!

HooTmAn said:
Thx man.
LÖL ^^ i never saw that plant. It actually looks not that bad, that D'Shar "Home Grow Plant". I don't know what they smoke in Torbah but yeah.. it looks stange.  :mrgreen:
:grin: It really looks like an indoors plant on drugs :lol: It even has its own pot lol :razz:

HooTmAn said:
I will try to do an update also for PoP 3.8.5 but i have to say that i will move to an other Continent, soon. So, i maybe will not have the time then. But you, all are free to use this submod to mod it or to make it compatible with 3.8.5 then. If i can not find the time or even won't have the ability, tools to do so then.
Cheers!
Allright, thanks! :party:

Version 3.0 for PoP 3.9 -New!
-Fixed some textures
-Added new Textures
-MORE BLOOD!!!
-Better performance but still feels more real, bushy.
-Added back the Hoof prints map_misc texture (tracking symbol on the map) for PoP

-Download link for Version 3.0 for PoP 3.9
-you should use 7zip, winrar could also work.
Coming Soon! -I had to remove the Link on behalf of the Dev. Team until further instructions :wink:

:fruity: enjoy!

@HooTmAn:
Heh, I was looking forward to this to be updated to v3.9, thanks! :smile: When major tweaks/submods will be allowed, I'll definitely give it a go! And I wanted to ask, what kind of map icons are changed? Still castles' and towns'? Which if I may ask? I hope you know that since v3.8, many map icons got reworked (those are looking awesome now), and some of these were taken from your submod iirc.

Polished Landscapes, Adorno's Arena Overhaul and LuckyLancer's Training Fields (already implemented thankfully) are a must-have submods for me over any native-like graphics & scenes. Surely, @snouz did a very good job with the base flora, but I still prefer Polished Landscapes'. And I simply can't care about the AI getting a bit stuck here and there, as it can always unstuck itself soon. Similarly, the performance drop is no longer an issue for me with a pretty good gaming laptop :mrgreen:

NEW Version!!! 3.1 for PoP 3.9.3 -New!
-Fixed some textures
-Added new Textures
-Better performance but still feels more real, bushy.
-Added back the Hoof prints map_misc texture (tracking symbol on the map) for PoP
-My Map icon addition is gone because the POP ones rule.
-It's more like a light version only with the overworked Polished Landscapes because the PoP Devs took my inspiration on a new lvl MapIcons, Borders so on..

-Download link for Version 3.1 for PoP 3.9.3
-you should use 7zip, winrar could also work.
https://mega.nz/#!goFjxa7L!yqiuoTC3zwWMsCH_GRnk7DHIu8dNGGbyoF05bnJ5_ro

:fruity: enjoy!

Thank You PoP Team! so much for PoP 3.9.3!!!very awesome! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom