Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Comon, there are 57 people in this bloody clan, how am I supposed to know all of them! People who are not stupid in Jomsborg can be counted on fingers of two hands anyway :razz:

Today, in a little bit less than 2,5h! Today we'll see standard 860 silver coins, stricter limits on archers and cavalry and most importantly - conquest round!
The server will be open since 6:55 GMT

Thanks for coming! Due to Jomsvikings and Zhmigrodzianie ignoring the event, we had less players than a week before, but it was partially compensated by other clans and non-clan players.
I'm pretty sure the event was much better than the previous one, what makes me really happy :grin: It's a pity the server crashed on siege and that some people didn't follow leaders' orders. But all in all, I think it was a really successful event.
The Onion Knight said:
hey do i just wait on the teamspeak?
The only people who used TS were Thorfinnr, Aldwyn and some other Arnarin, but since they already were on other TS, they didn't change it. Thorfinnr said that I could join them there next time, so I suppose you could come too. :smile:

My sincere apologies. Due to a family emergency I couldn't attend or let you know in time.

Do any of you play MB:W in between events and if so, on what mods/servers?

Warner said:
Shame I couldn't be there. I wish these events were more frequent!
In my opinion, weekly event is already something often in Vikingr. I hope I can keep it weekly, I wouldn't even dare to dream to increase frequency :wink: See you next week, hopefully!
Also, if you ask about mods, I personally enjoy playing North and South and Iron Europe. Also Deluge, but that's mostly because of community. The mod itself is quite unbalanced and the period seems to simply be a bad idea for a MP mod, as you can either make it highly unrealistic (wFaS) or realistic but unbalanced and thus not very fun to play (Deluge).

Hello guys. Snorry I'm going to doublepost again but I consider creating a steamgroup of this event, so that people can easily check information about it (those who don't check the forum too often) and also I could remind people about the event very easily. What do you think about such an idea?

PS. The first post got updated and shortened. I'd appreciate if native English speakers here could point out mistakes in it.

vtz said:
I consider creating a steamgroup of this event. What do you think about such an idea?

Actually I was just thinking about asking your steam ID's or something because it's true, I don't check the forums often.
In other words, great idea! I'll PM you my steam ID right away.

vtz said:
See you next week, hopefully!

For some reason I assumed this was a monthly event, even though it blatantly says it's weekly in the subject. Glad to see I assumed wrong!
Oh and thanks for the advice on mods. I'd also like to try Brytenwalda and The Last Days of the Third Age.

Hagaron said:
Been a year since I attented in a vikingr event. Guess I'll join in for once.
Great to see people getting back  :smile:
Warner said:
Actually I was just thinking about asking your steam ID's or something because it's true, I don't check the forums often.
In other words, great idea! I'll PM you my steam ID right away.
I added you.
After thinking about this idea a bit though, I'm quite sure I would be too busy on the server to also send an announcement or two on Steam, and it'd be great if someone could do that for me. Despite that, I'm going to create the group in a second. Perhaps I'll find someone to 'manage' it in future.

EDIT: okay, there it is. I hope to improve it later.

Cynfar said:
Danke for organizing the Event!  :grin:
I'm glad to hear that!

The 3rd event is over. I must say that it's becoming better and better, I personally enjoyed the choice of maps (it was my choice, but whatevs). They forced player to form tight formation, and I'm pretty sure we won't use big, open maps anymore. We had 23 players in the best moment. There'd be much more guys if Ulfingar attended, though.
That's the only good screen I've taken:
IzdyOth.png
Also make sure to post your screenies!

I am sorry to announce that because of my personal problems the event will not take place today. The next one will be on 13th February.

vtz said:
I am sorry to announce that because of my personal problems the event will not take place today. The next one will be on 13th February.

Well, we could play on Server123 on our own. It would be less organised without an admin but I think we can manage.

Back
Top Bottom