Undead destroying everyone - is this a running from battle simulator

Users who are viewing this thread

So,
I am trying this mod, and
the undead are freaking pain, i have decent army but size and the strength of undead army is just insane.
They are destroying everyone, not to mention me having like 200+ army i have to run from army of 50+.

Is this suppose to be running from battle simulator. It feels that way, i can.

How can i possible defeat 400+ armies of the undead that are roaming across the land.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,

Well which difficulty setting do you have it on and which class did you start as? They usually, in my experience take over the majority of the sarranids sultanate and depending on which faction you have joined with can relatively easily with your factions help keep them out of you area. You should take the first few months in game very strategically so you dont fall behind the eight ball on your strength compared to the enemys. Also, if english is your first language I think you have a bigger problem than the undead. If it isn't you did an okay job. :grin:

Actually I was wondering the same thing. How the heck you beat the undead?

I was playing as Condottiere at Mommy difficulty. I had almost 300 troops, and I could take on 500 or even 1000 bandits and win, when I managed to play it smart.

And then I decided to fight 23 Flesh Golems. I spent an hour circling around those things (because AI tells them to attack closest enemy, AKA me, not my troops), as my army blasted away. I made sure me and my "buddies" were in the shooting range, and I also told my horse archers / gunmen to dismount and hold the line, so there should not have been any penalties at all.

Let's calculate a bit, shall we?

About 200 of my troops were gunmen or archers or had a gun or a bow. Also about 30 of them had grenades.
If average archer or gunman has about 30 (more or less) bullets or arrows with him, and average grenadier has 10 grenades, it means that in total there were 6000 bullets / arrows and 300 grenades. Of course some of them would miss.

I used 5 resupply-items. If I have understood right, they are used when all ranged troops are out of ammo, and will give them a complete refill.

That means, that my army launched about 30 000 bullets and arrows and 1500 grenades at those 23 Flesh Golems. Not a single one of them died. Only when I finally was knocked out and my army automatically charged, they managed to kill the enemy. However, 1/3 of my army was dead and half of the rest were wounded. Even though at the beginning I had more than 10 times more troops than the enemy had.

Well, I thought, maybe they are just immune to ranged damage? I loaded my save and just told my expert cavalry and my expert swordsmen to charge, and me and my army were completely wiped out in less than 5 minutes, without a single casualty to the enemy. So that theory can be thrown out from the window.

So I agree with OP. If there is not a some trick that I have missed (that only those oddly named fantasy troops are able to damage the undead or something like that), then the undead simply are over-powered and I have no other option than running away from them.

I will agree that they are not over-power if someone can show me a real army that can sustain 30 000 bullets and 1500 grenades without a single casualty while basically standing almost still... Then it is just realistic.

Aside from the undead, I do enjoy this mod. I like the idea of being a commander, thinking strategy first and heroism second. But as the undead are quite large part of the mod, they are problematic now and will be even more as the time passes on. Perhaps this is just me not realizing the obvious, so if someone can point out to me what that "obvious fact that will make my life so much easier and fun" is, I would be very grateful.

Nalcarum said:
And then I decided to fight 23 Flesh Golems. I spent an hour circling around those things (because AI tells them to attack closest enemy, AKA me, not my troops), as my army blasted away. I made sure me and my "buddies" were in the shooting range, and I also told my horse archers / gunmen to dismount and hold the line, so there should not have been any penalties at all.
I've done some testing, and from what I can tell, Flesh Golems can only be damaged by the player and their companions; regular troops do jack ****.
However, all the other undead troops are killable by regulars; they're just incredibly powerful and well-equipped. And for anyone new to the mod that is put off by this, it's important to note that this is by design. The Armies of Light and Darkness are supposed to have hilariously powerful troops. My advice would be to get a lot of gunpowder troops. Blackguards can devastate enemies with the Blunderbusses, and at a range that is only somewhat shorter than, for example, a Merc. Matchlock Man (which I also reccomend getting). Granted, I'd give this advice to you for fighting just about any of the factions, but it works against the undead when they don't outnumber you.

Also, no, Ammunition supplies are not used when all of your troops run out of ammunition. I'm pretty sure they are on a timer. I don't recall exactly how long the timer is, but I think it's between 2-5 minutes. But since your troops weren't actually dealing any damage in the first place... Yeah.

And yes, I realize it's been about 6 months since this topic has had a post, but as it's only the ninth most recent thread on the board, I figured it'd be better to put this here rather than start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom