Let's Play - Prophesy of Pendor - Mettenheim Style!

Users who are viewing this thread

So in celebration of PoP 3.7 being released, I've decided to do a Let's Play of my run through. As you know I am a developer on the Pendor team, so I hope that I can offer some unique perspectives as I go. That being said, I had very little to do with 3.7, so you can enjoy my childish pleasure as I discover all the great new stuff the team has cooked up!

Series link;
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT7S0pMdzhiQRdzoyxhkCscH2RQhA1BGu

I will be playing Mettenheim Style which means;

Player Character
2 Handed Weapons, Polearms and 1 Handed Weapons permitted. Throwing or Crossbow can be secondary weapon choice. A 2 handed sword should be your weapon of choice.
No riding skill allowed
No horse allowed (you may however have horses in the inventory as pack animals, they increase party movement speed)
No Archery or Power Draw permitted.
You must have a mustache.

Party
Any companions (Frederick required)
Companions must have the same restrictions as your own character. Archery / Power Draw is allowed for them though.
No Barclay troops unless Donovan is present
Any troops

Factions
Empire or Fierdsvain preferred, but you can use any.
You should try to acquire as many Mettenheim troops as you can, both released prisoners and mercenaries.
You should try to become friendly with the Mettenheim Expeditionaries as soon as possible.

Additional Rules
You MUST dismount your entire force at the start of EVERY battle. You are allowed to use Knights and the like, but only if you dismount them!

Note; the bugs which spring up in this episode were from the pre 3.701 version, and I believe have now been fixed.

M0rdred said:
Player Character
2 Handed Weapons, Polearms and 1 Handed Weapons permitted. Throwing or Crossbow can be secondary weapon choice. A 2 handed sword should be your weapon of choice.
No riding skill allowed
No horse allowed (you may however have horses in the inventory as pack animals, they increase party movement speed)
No Archery or Power Draw permitted.
You must have a mustache.

Last requirement seems....right, yes right

Thanks for your support everyone :smile:

I'll record the next episode when 7.02 is available for download (ie, when SD has resolved the Nexus issues). Will likely need to be a new game as it's not save game compatible, but I will import Klaus from the current game.

Nice Episode, MoarDread!

Just rename the chaposTestos to Claus(e) Witz for the proper reference. Witz means joke. So you called your Mettenheini Klaus Joke.

Just recorded next episode, it's rendering now. Then comes the upload which takes 12-16 hours...

Thankfully, I am getting new internet some time today, so the upload time should be much reduced. Basically, next episode will likely be up tomorrow.

Code:
M0rdred said:
Just recorded next episode, it's rendering now. Then comes the upload which takes 12-16 hours...

Thankfully, I am getting new internet some time today, so the upload time should be much reduced. Basically, next episode will likely be up tomorrow.

I'm surprised you're still using dial-up, old habits die hard eh?  :smile:

I just finished recording Episode 3, and its rather more active (I was massively hungover for Episode 2... sorry about that!). In 3 I also reveal the companion list that I plan to use for this campaign. Let the speculation commence :wink:

3 will be posted some time tomorrow (didn't get my internet upgrade, and wont till the 30th, so uploads still take about 16 hours :sad: )

RC-1136 said:
Nice episode! 
I hope you realised by now that taking the two Raventern lords prisoner boosted your relationship with Sarleon as well. :wink:
I noticed it after you mentioned it :razz:

Episode 3 is up!

Patch 3.704 has arrived, and with it the most stable build yet. Once again, we've imported Klaus into a new game, but things get off to a quick start due to our large warchest. One companion joins the group, and plans for the rest of the party are also made.

Back
Top Bottom