Prophesy of Pendor 3.705 Bug and Support Thread (Ask all of your questions here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Bug and Support Thread Version: 3.7063 Dated December 20, 2015 

This topic for all issues and questions related to POP 3.7061-3.7063 only.

A SINGLE PLAYER TOTAL CONVERSION WARBAND MOD

We can only support the 3.704 version.
Should you have an issue, bug or odd behavior with earlier versions, please upgrade to the newest version.

Prophesy of Pendor Developer Notes

Developer Notes:

For this particular release, we focused on three things.

:arrow: The first was led by MitchyMatt and K0nr@d. Their goal was to overhaul the art assets and improve upon them. 
They have done an excellent job in providing exciting and innovative eye candy to the game that increases immersion and wonderment.  Masterful work gentlemen!

:arrow: The second thing was to freshen up the overall experience to make it seem "new".
Snouz led this endeavour with creating a new Graphical User Interface and adding additional 2d pictures and artwork. Parallel in this development is mniezo who wanted to add to the music tracks to give a more uplifting and fresh experience.  Both have exceeded expectations in their endeavours... great work guys!

:arrow: The third was to delve into the initial game design and change the beginning aspects of play to make it more fun and interesting.
Over the years I have listened to the positive comments (thank you!) and also to the negative comments (very useful) of our players and community.
Mostly the negative comments had to do with the tediousness of the grind. This aspect of play is what I wanted most to counter in this release. This led me to build upon the first two endeavours and expand the possibilities of encounters, and add additional and immersive content that is usually consumed at the beginning phases of play. Furthermore, I expanded the minor lore of the game to make the opening game much more enjoyable.

Additionally, at the suggestion of the community of players, we added a few often asked for features.  For example, female/male knighthood orders and updated map icons (thanks Snouz!)

The end result is this next version of Prophesy of Pendor 3.7.

:!: As a personal note I would ask you all to consider and think about for a moment what has happened here.

A group of people, united in a common goal, from different parts of the world and from different nations, speaking different languages, came together to create this body of work. 
We did it for the love of our craft and to work together as a team to accomplish something meaningful.

It is a gift to you, our players, for this holiday season as a small reminder that good things can and do happen.
In these uncertain times we collectively face in our world, I would ask, humbly, that we remember this.

Great things can happen if we try and believe that we can.​

Just had a quick look trough of the items in the "finditempool" and some items are missing textures; Common traveling clothing, Sarleon hounskull bascinet & open, female noldor armor,  "ancient rune axe" (not sure if this item is supposed to be avaible or not but no textures.

Besides that, great work love the new look of the imperials and the new fel helmet  :mrgreen:

Edit: Also got an error "unable to find mesh aqs_lady_chain"

Ok allready found a little bug, i got the quest of the Merchant to gather information of the spot where is son is held captive.
I fought him 3 times, cause i got headshottet by his throwing spears, on the 3rd battle, after my retreat i won the battle, the party vanished but i didnt get the dialouge to get to the next part of the quest.

Thats all the information i got.

Lucan said:
Ok allready found a little bug, i got the quest of the Merchant to gather information of the spot where is son is held captive.
I fought him 3 times, cause i got headshottet by his throwing spears, on the 3rd battle, after my retreat i won the battle, the party vanished but i didnt get the dialouge to get to the next part of the quest.

Thats all the information i got.
That is native.. we did not modify that.. sorry.  :sad:

Grana said:
Just had a quick look trough of the items in the "finditempool" and some items are missing textures; Common traveling clothing, Sarleon hounskull bascinet & open, "ancient rune axe" (not sure if this item is supposed to be avaible or not but no textures.

Besides that, great work love the new look of the imperials and the new fel helmet  :mrgreen:
Very good to know.. thank you!

ZeroFighterR said:
Any battle with noldor maiden rangers in it will result in a crash due to missing mesh.

Crap. Alright I'm sorry. I'll look into it and see where I messed up. Time was limited so we had to get this update out the door with little item testing :p.

MitchyMatt said:
ZeroFighterR said:
Any battle with noldor maiden rangers in it will result in a crash due to missing mesh.

Crap. Alright I'm sorry. I'll look into it and see where I messed up. Time was limited so we had to get this update out the door.

I simply used morgh's editting tools to give them different armour for now  :wink:

ZeroFighterR said:
MitchyMatt said:
ZeroFighterR said:

Crap. Alright I'm sorry. I'll look into it and see where I messed up. Time was limited so we had to get this update out the door.

I simply used morgh's editting tools to give them different armour for now  :wink:

Might have to do with the confusion of adding in femenized meshes. Considering old assets (still some existing) are only female models and they somehow got mixed up/messed up.

What did you change around?

Okay:

Noldor Maiden Armor Problem Solution:

Go into item_kinds1.txt in your Prophesy of Pendor module folder.

Ctrl + F to open the search bar and input: aqs_lady_chain

Highlight just that selection and replace with: aqs_leather_padded

Noldor Rune Armor Problem Solution:

Go into Prophesy of Pendor/Resource/Pendor_AQS1.brf

Scroll down to find: nobleman_outf_second

Delete that and it's .lod 1-3 selections too.

Click save under the files tab at the top left.

Should fix that problem.
I'll edit this more, looking for more.

MadVader said:
You can use OpenBRF to check for missing stuff.

Correct, there was an oversight for some of the items in the mod. There's just a "Ancient Rune Axe" that has no upgrades and I missed it when commissioning k0nr@d to do items. Must have deleted the mesh on accident.

Looking for a quick replacement now.

What is up with all the lords having the same heavy eyebrows and high forehead? Some sign of inbreeding?

I find a bug in Muqaddas Pani, the marshall called all the lords, but when they arrived, they got stuck in this area.

Only one lord was able to enter the castle, i tried to enter the castle but got stuck in the middle of all the lords (seems like the place where the lords are stuck is the only way to enter the castle).

These are the images
weAXXa.jpg

gb9MPy.jpg

The place where all the lords are stuck is the only way to enter the castle (when i get there i was not able to enter though).

Sorry bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

Heleonis said:
I find a bug in Muqaddas Pani, the marshall called all the lords, but when they arrived, they got stuck in this area.

Only one lord was able to enter the castle, i tried to enter the castle but got stuck in the middle of all the lords (seems like the place where the lords are stuck is the only way to enter the castle).

These are the images
weAXXa.jpg

gb9MPy.jpg
The place where all the lords are stuck is the only way to enter the castle (when i get there i was not able to enter though).

Interesting.. I will look into that.. I was in that desert maybe 100 days and never saw anything like that.  Thank you!

Heleonis said:

Only one lord was able to enter the castle, i tried to enter the castle but got stuck in the middle of all the lords (seems like the place where the lords are stuck is the only way to enter...

Verified.

2 lords with 'travel to sange safid' got treadmilled (forever).

Might be because castle location is at very edge of map

I played a little while after that image, and now all the dshars lords are stuck.

And i think the dshar bandit lair is out of the map?, i've searched all the desert but was not able to find it.
saxondragon said:
Heleonis said:

These are the images
weAXXa.jpg

gb9MPy.jpg

Interesting.. I will look into that.. I was in that desert maybe 100 days and never saw anything like that.  Thank you!

bMZh25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom