[WB][S]Europe in Flames : Old main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have questions regarding recruitment:

1. How can you recruit faction related troops? I am a member of the HRE and want to recruit imperial troops. How is it done?

2. Is it possible to recruit cannons?

BavarianPrivateer said:
I have questions regarding recruitment:

1. How can you recruit faction related troops? I am a member of the HRE and want to recruit imperial troops. How is it done?

2. Is it possible to recruit cannons?

You need to have the rank of a captain to be able to form regiment and recruit faction troops. You recruit them by forming a regiment in a fortress and you can then recruit faction troops from then on.

Ok, I'm a general. I'm going to a castle and want to form a new regiment. But I can't recruit anything. First, I can only recruit cannons and cavalry, no infantry. Second there is only the option "Go back" when I want to recruit cannons or cavalry. But the menu says I can recruit a number of cannons or cavalry.

EDIT: Seems it was about the money that I could not recruti cavalry or cannons. Anyway when I'm recruiting cavalry it is Mercenary Cavalry an no Imperial Cavalry. I can also recruit Levies in villages but they can't be upgraded.

BavarianPrivateer said:
Ok, I'm a general. I'm going to a castle and want to form a new regiment. But I can't recruit anything. First, I can only recruit cannons and cavalry, no infantry. Second there is only the option "Go back" when I want to recruit cannons or cavalry. But the menu says I can recruit a number of cannons or cavalry.

That means you don't have enough money to recruit them

Nonetheless: When I'm recruiting cavalry it is Mercenary Cavalry an no Imperial Cavalry. I can also recruit Levies in villages but they can't be upgraded.

BavarianPrivateer said:
Nonetheless: When I'm recruiting cavalry it is Mercenary Cavalry an no Imperial Cavalry. I can also recruit Levies in villages but they can't be upgraded.

That is couse you don't own a fief. So you can't have a Regiment base. SO you can't have a recruitment and traininig HQ.
You'll be able to recruit cannons when you become Captain and have a Regiment. You only can have 2 per round, recruiting them when you form the regiment, or lately, in a a castle of your faction.

cody2224 said:
Is the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth supposed to have no winged hussars? I remember they should exist in this era  :?:

Faction cavalry is the most difficult to get. You must have the apropiate rank and a fief for recruit faction troops.

I don't know why, but for some reason I don't see any notifications usually seen in the lower left side of the screen. I've just installed the mod and played for the first few minutes, and did not change anything in the settings (and I don't see anything in the settings about disabling or enablin all such notifications).

I will also later post few suggestions about map changes, because there are some errors in the region I live :wink: I'd do it now, but right now I'm going to enjoy this mod :grin:

Great Mod, found a 'useful' bug, when you enlist as mercenary you can repeatly get the initial money when you click continue

I'm playing with Sweden, I got the rank of a general and got a fief. But strangely I can only recruit militia troops in the villages. What do I have to do to recruit regular troops?

I got now a sergeant major and I've waited up to six days in-game. But I can still only recruit milita troops.

EDIT: I played with 4 Factions so far: HRE, Spain, Sweden and Protestant Union. I've encountered this Problem only with Sweden. With the other Factions I can recruit regular troops from the start.

Furthermore, I've found different spelling errors. For Example, the faction Leader of the Protestant Union was called Friedrich von der PFALZ. Or the town is called MAGDEBURG, not Madgeburg.

Hi there

An explanation abou how i designed the New Military system:

The XVII is considered as the Early Modern Period. A Era of changes, when Feudalism was at its last times, towns were growing, and the old military sistem of a serfdom recruited by his Lord was almost dissapeared at all center and western Europe.
It was the Era of the start of modern armies, as long as we know them today, but still Kings had to recruit huge amounts of Mercenaries (some countries specialiced on serve as mercenaries), couse the lack of people at villages, due the amount of deaths and the war's duration and the exodus to the towns.

An example of this, is Spanish Empire: they started using the Tercios, considered as the first european profesional army.  That units were under the Royal authority. But with time, the Crown had to hire foreigner mercenary commanders who could have their own force for continue the fight.
At the other side were Danish, who frecuently used levies as troops.

EIF2 Military System

The new system regulates many functions that affect to the player and troops.

Ranks:
There are eight military ranks, based on renown and leadership: soldier, sergeant, captain, major, colonel, lt.general, general and field-marshall.
Each rank regulates the size of the player's party, and are independent of belonging a faction or not.

Military Medals and Awards:
Some achievements will give you medals and awards, increasing your renown and honor.

Recruitment:
If you don't join a faction, you only will able to recruit farmers from villages and mercenaries from towns.

Enlistment:

Player can join as ranker the army of a Lord, talking with them.

You can join a faction as mercenary (same than EIF 1.0): for renewable 30 days periods, and have your own War Force . You'll able to recruit faction militia from villages (of your faction) and mercenaries from Towns.

As a Lord: if you are a Noble and have the Captain Rank or higher, you can go to the Royal Enlistment Officer and join the faction by your own. As long as you don't own a fief, you can't place a Regimental HQ, but you still can recruit Artillery crews , Staff troops and Mercenary Cavalry at a Fortress, but you still only be able to recruit militia. (Couse it's supposed you can't give them the military training.)

If you are a Lord of a faction, owning a fief and if your rank is captain or higher, you can form a regiment and place a RHQ

Regiments:

Regiments let you to have access to new features: the artillery, staff troops, and recruit profesional volunteer soldiers from villages (the facion troop tree).
The sergeant major at your HQ will give you new options: form and name your regiment, give you staff troops and train your new recruits, etc.

Staff: now you can recruit standart bearers; they will encourage your troops in battle and gives regiment troops a litle morale extra daily bonus. Military chaplains will add a bigger morale bonus, but they are weak and can die easily.

Combat Improvement Buildings:
Both the player and AI now have avalaible the Combat Improvement Buildings, as Military Academy, Shoot range, stables, etc, wich improve the combat abilities of troops.

Confessions System

A simple religion mini-mod is also implemented.

At the creation character menu, you must join a confession: (Your choice will affect your relations with the factions).

Factions and Player Confessions:
Catholic
Protestant
Orthodox
Muslim
Judaism (only as Player's confession)

A cleric character will be placed at the Capitals, and you can interactuate with him, giving you the options of grow or decrease your relation with that faction/confession, paying the apropiate amount of gold coins.

If you create your own kingdom, you will must select a confession for it aswell.

Very good mod indeed and a step forward from the previous verson. It still has some rough edges but that's understandable.

it would be nice to have the inventory chest available during combat, especially useful after your bullets are over. Also it would be very useful to have the orders panel available after being knocked down ( the backspace menu) because of sudden and unexpected deaths.

I came across several bugs while playing as Swedish soldier and mercenary:

8807683Z.jpg

8807684X.jpg

8807685L.jpg

You can't reach the shore through this point and have to go around the Danish isles instead.

8807687d.jpg

Orders overlap each other.

Also take a look on the error message log at the start of each battle. The lack of messages for the damage dealt and foes killed is also annoying.

There was also a time when I was in the army of Gustav Adolf and we had a battle with 4 bandits. After we won we had a battle with 0 bandits and there was no ending to this. Time and time again we had an empty field with only the Swedish army present. Finally I rebeled, leading half of the army with me  :lol:

Also, when crouching, the soldiers slide instead of walk - that's both for the player and the characters.

Thx to everybody for the suppport, constructive criticism and feedback.

I am noting all your suggestions and discovered issues.

This is a beta. I wanted to show you what i was working in, and the new features of EIF2. Maybe i rushed too.

I promiss to work harder and solve the problems for the next DL

Ok, here are my thoughts and suggestions:

warband.jpg

1. there are cities which are not where they should be. Warsaw should be slightly lower and on the opposite side of the river.

2. Krakov should be much more south-west and on the northern side of the river.

3. Plotsk should be a bit west and on the northern side of the river.

4. Lublin should be approximately where Babice is now (and Babice should be removed completely).

5. Nidritsa should be moved a bit south and I suggest renaming it to Ciechanow.

6. Also Breslau is in the wrong place, should be approximately where I marked.

7. Chenstokhova should be moved as well, it's in terribly wrong place.

8. Lviv should be a bit south.

9. I think it'd be better to move Wadowice to the new location and rename it to Sandomierz.

10. Amere - to be honest I've never heard of such city in Poland, I think it should be moved to the new location and renamed to Rzeszow (biggest city in that region)

11. same with Sambir - moved to new location and renamed Przemysl

12. I would suggest renaming Widawa to Radom

13. Lodz at that time was just a village, I suggest renaming it to Sieradz - it was the biggest city in the region at that time and with a castle.

14. Poznan is right now a protestant village while in reality it was the largest Polish city in that area (actually this area is the "birthplace" of Polish nation, from there our first rulers reigned so it definately should be assigned to PLC), so I suggest changing it to Polish city or castle.

15. there are two very important cities missing - Torun and Gdansk, they definately should be added because of their historic importance.

16. If you move Breslau to the new, real location, the area would become empty, so I suggest adding there a Polish village of Konin.

17. Also Kamienets should be moved far east, approximately where the village of Potoki is. And should be renamed to Kamieniec.

18. I also suggest adopting consistent naming system. For example right now we have an English name for Warsaw but Polish name for Krakov (also written with an error - it should be either Krakow or Cracow). So I suggest changing all names to Polish ones which would give them a unique flavor (I think original names in their original languages are better and add realism to the game). If you agree then they should be named as follow:

Warsaw - Warszawa
Plotsk - Plocko
Chenstokhova - Czestochowa
Nidritsa - Nidzica
Allenstein - Olsztyn
Krakov - Krakow
Lviv - Lwow
Vilna - Wilno
Slutsk - Sluck

at least these should be corrected.

And I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I've just become a captain and decided to build something in Warsaw - I spoke to the guild master and he told me that I can't build anything there because I already have a mill there. And I did not order anything to be built there previously. I also see no list of buildings built in various cities - in other mods there was a screen with a summary - city name, what building have been built there and revenue).

Also the training field close to the place where I suggesteg adding Gdansk is placed in the sea.

I also suggest adding a "#" sign before names of the castles - right now there is a lot of castles on the map and many cities (places I would definately call a city than a castle) are actually castles and it may be a bit confusing. For example instead of Stettin Castle it would be #Stettin.

Aquila SPQR said:
Ok, here are my thoughts and suggestions:

warband.jpg

1. there are cities which are not where they should be. Warsaw should be slightly lower and on the opposite side of the river.

2. Krakov should be much more south-west and on the northern side of the river.

3. Plotsk should be a bit west and on the northern side of the river.

4. Lublin should be approximately where Babice is now (and Babice should be removed completely).

5. Nidritsa should be moved a bit south and I suggest renaming it to Ciechanow.

6. Also Breslau is in the wrong place, should be approximately where I marked.

7. Chenstokhova should be moved as well, it's in terribly wrong place.

8. Lviv should be a bit south.

9. I think it'd be better to move Wadowice to the new location and rename it to Sandomierz.

10. Amere - to be honest I've never heard of such city in Poland, I think it should be moved to the new location and renamed to Rzeszow (biggest city in that region)

11. same with Sambir - moved to new location and renamed Przemysl

12. I would suggest renaming Widawa to Radom

13. Lodz at that time was just a village, I suggest renaming it to Sieradz - it was the biggest city in the region at that time and with a castle.

14. Poznan is right now a protestant village while in reality it was the largest Polish city in that area (actually this area is the "birthplace" of Polish nation, from there our first rulers reigned so it definately should be assigned to PLC), so I suggest changing it to Polish city or castle.

15. there are two very important cities missing - Torun and Gdansk, they definately should be added because of their historic importance.

16. If you move Breslau to the new, real location, the area would become empty, so I suggest adding there a Polish village of Konin.

17. Also Kamienets should be moved far east, approximately where the village of Potoki is. And should be renamed to Kamieniec.

18. I also suggest adopting consistent naming system. For example right now we have an English name for Warsaw but Polish name for Krakov (also written with an error - it should be either Krakow or Cracow). So I suggest changing all names to Polish ones which would give them a unique flavor (I think original names in their original languages are better and add realism to the game). If you agree then they should be named as follow:

Warsaw - Warszawa
Plotsk - Plocko
Chenstokhova - Czestochowa
Nidritsa - Nidzica
Allenstein - Olsztyn
Krakov - Krakow
Lviv - Lwow
Vilna - Wilno
Slutsk - Sluck

at least these should be corrected.

And I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I've just become a captain and decided to build something in Warsaw - I spoke to the guild master and he told me that I can't build anything there because I already have a mill there. And I did not order anything to be built there previously. I also see no list of buildings built in various cities - in other mods there was a screen with a summary - city name, what building have been built there and revenue).

Also the training field close to the place where I suggesteg adding Gdansk is placed in the sea.

I also suggest adding a "#" sign before names of the castles - right now there is a lot of castles on the map and many cities (places I would definately call a city than a castle) are actually castles and it may be a bit confusing. For example instead of Stettin Castle it would be #Stettin.

Hi
First to say, as always, thank you for your suggestions.

I don't know why, but you can locate a setlement in the map, and 99% of time, when you starts the game, it's relocated without any reason.

I took more than 1 month only with the locations of the map... (1 monitor on Cartographer and the other on GoogleMaps xd). Compiling and running the game, and so on.

All the names of villages, forts/castles and towns of Poland/Lithuania, The Tsardom, and Sweden, were taken from WFaS. So i don't know ...

BUt of course, i will try to relocate them again, and take your suggestions about the new settlements on consideration.

Hope you enjoy the mod.

Oh, I enjoy it very much :grin: I loved WfaS but the map was much too small for me and I missed Germans, Ottomans, French etc.

And regarding names from WfaS... Taleworlds is, as far as I know, located in Turkey. They decided to include or simply create "English" names of Polish/Russian/Ukrainian cities and villages. While they more or less present how the names should be pronounced, they look very strange for someone who is accustomed to their original names. I'm from Poland and everytime I see "Chenstokhova" or "Nesvizh" ... it's just weird :grin: It's like naming Paris "Paryzh", Munich "Monackhyumm" or Rome "Zhymm" - because that's how you pronounce these names in my language. I bet French, German and Italian players would be very confused, amused or maybe frustrated a bit. It's not actually a problem because I can change names myself by changing them in the game files (like I did for WfaS' mod I played because Polish version I bought had proper names but mod was in English and changed names to English ones), but I think using original names is more realistic and adds flavor to the game. Moving cities to realistic locations or chosing a better alternatives (which I presented like Rzeszow or Sandomierz) is much more important in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom