[Werewolf] Werewolf High - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

While I can't exclude that Leifr is a wolf because he could be just very blatant at it, I doubt it at this stage. Actually, after his reaction to me, I doubt it more than before, where he was a good possibility.

I could see myself following the Teofish route Bowser suggests. I also still think the wolves might have gotten one vet to lead them (does this count as meta?), and my bet is on Bodrax. Sure, with the way the game is going, one could argue that his chaotic approach doesn't make a lot of difference, but it doesn't help exactly either. I'm expecting the vets to reign their own habits in a bit this game to help get a feel for "basic gameplay".

At this stage I can't say much about most other suspects. Yup, Arch3r because he might somehow tie in with Bodrax. And then there's Ah_Zhou for basically everything he's done up till now. And Untitled is still up there, even though he amuses me. As a matter of fact, I could probably say this about most people in this game, so it's kinda pointless.  :neutral:

Arch3r said:
Unvote
Vote Leifr Eiríksson

Reasoning: Could easily be a wolf, watching the discussion but not really adding much input of his own.

Capricious reasoning, and somewhat callous of you Arch3r. In fact, I would dare say that it is uncharacteristic of your regular fine bearing. There is absolutely zero suggestion in my being of Wolf origins - other than a ridiculously bushy moustache.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
No one has said that, and no one has complained. In fact, I've been rather enjoying reading the discussion, I'll interject when I choose to.
If you choose to follow that route, you shouldn't be surprised if people suspect you. Maybe you aren't, but your initial reaction to my rant seemed to indicate a feeling of righteous indignation, which I don't think is quite in place in this instance.

I will choose to follow that route, and I will not be made indignant at the suggestion that I am a suspect in the hunt to lynch the easiest of targets. My reaction was apt and just for the position that I found myself in at that particular moment in time; one that is not to be made privy for prying eyes here. I must confess though, honesty is always the preferable route to follow and is one that I will strictly adhere to. After all, what is there in a death if there is not a kernel of honesty as one passes this mortal coil. I have no desire to hide intentions or commit myself to sin. It must be concluded, therefore, that folk here are simply projecting their fears and hidden secrets upon others.

Teofish said:
Vote Leifr Eiríksson

I realise it may look like a bandwagon vote. But I feel the argument has a definitive validity, and in lieu of any better options it's at least a more proactive approach.

You're correct - it does look like a bandwagon vote.

Just wade through some of the previous games, there's a guy who used to make them. He's a joy to read, so you should have fun  :iamamoron:

Big McLarge-Huge said:
While I can't exclude that Leifr is a wolf because he could be just very blatant at it, I doubt it at this stage. Actually, after his reaction to me, I doubt it more than before, where he was a good possibility.

I could see myself following the Teofish route Bowser suggests. I also still think the wolves might have gotten one vet to lead them (does this count as meta?), and my bet is on Bodrax.

But Bodrax is now a loyal Koopa Trooper. Doesn't that count for something?  :iamamoron:

Possess: Benno Maximus

Vote Orgasmo, Enchanted Dildo

Trying way too heavily to direct the flow of discussion like shown here:

Orgasmo said:
Will have to look back at who McConor suspected. If the wolves were going for a kill that can't be linked to anyone, I would have thought that they'd go for one of the no-shows (unless they thought McConor was a special or at least one no-show is a wolf)
Orgasmo said:
Nevermind, that was useless - all he had was "Bowser Bowser Bowser, unsure of Untitled."
What's wrong with Bowser? That one seemed to annoy you from the beginning and I can see the wolves using a WIFOM argument to sway the village from this accusation. Nevertheless I think you're scum and need to hang. Whether Bowser's your packie or not remains to be seen.

I don't think Leifr is scum at this point. I think you all need to calm the **** down with your unreasonable voting and bandwagoning. We already screwed up day one big time with that no-lynch. I think right now we should focus on clearing out the inactives and everyone should make a list of their top suspects and people who they think are innocent so we know where we stand here.

King Bowser said:
But Bodrax is now a loyal Koopa Trooper. Doesn't that count for something?  :iamamoron:
Ever heard of spies? Or traitors? It's a topic you might wanna look into, it could help you solve your plumber-problem.  :iamamoron:

McConor said:
What's wrong with Bowser? That one seemed to annoy you from the beginning and I can see the wolves using a WIFOM argument to sway the village from this accusation. Nevertheless I think you're scum and need to hang. Whether Bowser's your packie or not remains to be seen.
I don't recall Orgasmo suspecting Bowser, but maybe I missed that. If so, please point to some quotes, because that's quite a strong accusation from you and I don't see any substance for that accusation right now.

I don't think Leifr is scum at this point. I think you all need to calm the **** down with your unreasonable voting and bandwagoning. We already screwed up day one big time with that no-lynch. I think right now we should focus on clearing out the inactives and everyone should make a list of their top suspects and people who they think are innocent so we know where we stand here.
At least the unreasonable voting and bandwagoning might help preventing another no-lynch. Also it finally has brought some movement into this game, so it's not that bad right now. I agree on needing input from the inactives, but making a list of top suspects is - as silly as this may sound on day 2 - premature at this stage, as we've got two or three camps right now:

1) Vets trying to do their reads and make it look as if they are not based on any meta
2) People suspecting Bowser because "he and his green text are annoying"
3) People suspecting/voting anybody who says something that might vaguely be pointed towards their general direction

So yeah...

Regarding the issue of vets playing it cool to let the newbies learn. When has anyone ever learned anything from watching someone more proficient than themselves not do what they're good at? At least for my own part I learn far better from example than trial and error. It feels a bit like telling a military recruit to skip training and head straight into a live combat scenario.

You know, there was a time on this forum, when everybody was a noob. And it worked. We played some memorable games back then, learning by doing.

Also there's been criticism over the last few years that we're too "elaborate" for newcomers and that it becomes painful to keep up when the vets get going. Many a new player has - according to legend - been disheartened by this information-overkill and left. As such, I think the vets are playing it pretty flexible. The vets are still probably the most active in this game, but only so much that others can catch up. If the new players show proficiency on that level, it shouldn't be a problem for the vets to up their involvement. On the other hand, the less the new players post, the less the vets will do as to not make this a game of 4 vets plus a bunch of inactives. Look at Bowser's and Bodrax level of contribution, it's already greatly reduced compared to the beginning of the game.

Don't forget also, that whenever vets post an idea or propose a course of action (or even just post more than a one-liner), they're often either scrutinised or immediately voted, no matter how silly the reasons for that might be. It's not like the vets can't handle that, but at some point you guys should start pointing fingers at each other, and not at those who dare to speak their minds a bit more openly.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I don't recall Orgasmo suspecting Bowser, but maybe I missed that. If so, please point to some quotes, because that's quite a strong accusation from you and I don't see any substance for that accusation right now.
What I meant was: 'what's wrong with me suspecing Bowser, why doesn't that give you any information'
At least the unreasonable voting and bandwagoning might help preventing another no-lynch. Also it finally has brought some movement into this game, so it's not that bad right now. I agree on needing input from the inactives, but making a list of top suspects is - as silly as this may sound on day 2 - premature at this stage, as we've got two or three camps right now:
There's a lot of premature stuff going on dude, the bandwagon on Leifr and everyone spewing votes is pretty annoying. We would get to know something about everyone based on what they think or what they say they think.

I voted Bowser day one because he was entirely fine with roleplaying and lynching anyone without any reason.

[quote author=McConor]What's wrong with Bowser? That one seemed to annoy you from the beginning and I can see the wolves using a WIFOM argument to sway the village from this accusation.[/quote]

Huh? Annoy, yes. Suspect, no. If I was a wolf, why would I try so hard to save a potential packie when nearly everyone else suspected them? Wouldn't it be best to go with the flow? And if you don't think he would be my packie, exactly what is it about my comments that bother you? Do you think I am a wolf sticking up for an innocent?

Trying way too heavily to direct the flow of discussion like shown here:

What am I trying to direct the discussion to? All I did was give my initial thoughts on why McConor mk. 1 died, before realizing it didn't make sense when I reread his posts.

New post

What I meant was: 'what's wrong with me suspecing Bowser, why doesn't that give you any information'

When did I say anything about not getting information from you? I had problems with McConor mk. 1's initial suspicion on Bowser because he made an easy bandwagon move that I thought a new wolf might make.

McConor said:
There's a lot of premature stuff going on dude, the bandwagon on Leifr and everyone spewing votes is pretty annoying. We would get to know something about everyone based on what they think or what they say they think.
As long as most people post only votes + 5 words max, a series of votes tells me more about their allegiance. Sometimes you see people willing to vote anybody, but if they skip the opportunity to vote somebody, it makes you think. I think the most annoying thing is inactivity and a state of stalemate where nobody really speaks his mind.

I voted Bowser day one because he was entirely fine with roleplaying and lynching anyone without any reason.
If you think he was fine with lynching anyone without a reason, I think you misunderstood Bowser's intentions. In fact, I think he has quite a lot of reasons, he just doesn't share them all for everyone to see. Also, the accusation that people are voting to lynch somebody without a reason (which is signaled by their vote) would apply to half of the players here. What do you think of Untitled, for instance?

McConor possesses Benno Maximus!

Vote Count – Day 2, Count 1

Teofish (1) King Bowser
Bodrax (1) Big McLarge-Huge
Big McLarge-Huge (1) Untitled
Untitled. (1) Lumos
Leifr Eiriksson (2) Arch3r, Teofish
Orgasmo, Enchanted Dildo (1) McConor (P)

Not voting: Bodrax, Ah_Zhou, Leifr, Rocketsheep, The Mighty McLovin, Lord Kelsier

King Bowser votes Teofish
Big McLarge Huge votes Bodrax
Arch3r votes Big McLarge-Huge
Untitled. votes Big McLarge Huge
Lumos votes Untitled
Arch3r votes Leifr
Teofish votes Leifr
McConor votes Orgasmo

The letter (P) coloured purple after a name denotes a dead innocent possessing a lurker/drop-out.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
vote: Bodrax

On top of what I said yesterday, he flip-flopped back and forth with regards to Bowser and ultimately ended the day voting the principal.
I didn't flip flop on Bowser, I merely didn't realize what he was intending until late in the day.

And yeah, I did end up voting the principal. Llandy was the only person around for me to interact with shortly before the deadline. I spent close to an hour talking to myself trying to nudge the lynch somewhere. Mind you, if I wanted, Bowser could have easily been lynched.

Lumos said:
It is dreadful that the overlooked younger brother has been killed. At least you could say that he wasn't overlooked... this time.
Where is Mag when you need him? Well, dare I say it?

Big McLarge-Huge said:
I also still think the wolves might have gotten one vet to lead them (does this count as meta?), and my bet is on Bodrax.
Yeah, you still haven't gotten squat to support that theory. You're just making noise at this point.

I'm expecting the vets to reign their own habits in a bit this game to help get a feel for "basic gameplay".
That's as restrained as I get.

At this stage I can't say much about most other suspects. Yup, Arch3r because he might somehow tie in with Bodrax.
Suspecting someone because he might be my packmate is very weak. Almost lazy. Come on, I know you can do better than that.

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Just wade through some of the previous games, there's a guy who used to make them. He's a joy to read, so you should have fun  :iamamoron:

I totally agree with you - I learned a lot from reading his posts! I'll never be as brilliant as that guy ^__^

At any rate, I tried to copy his style of voting chart creation. Hopefully it will be up to your standards:

v9XZ0.png
Icg_b.png

If you have no idea how to read this, each column represents a player, and each row represents a new vote being placed. If you count across the rows, you can see how many votes there are on a player at any given vote-count. The general idea is to see individual voting histories and draw any additional conclusions about players based on how they affected the votes.

For example, you can see how Ah_Zhou bandwagoned on Bowser and Untitled, switching to whoever was most popular, parked votes by Untitled and Teo that ultimately permanently swung the momentum over to Bowser, and Archer moving early momentum away from Untitled and back towards Bowser (despite being suspicious of both).

Back
Top Bottom