[Werewolf] Werewolf High - Wolf Victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Untitled. said:
Seeing as how he hasn't redacted his vote a convenient explanation would be that him and Bowser are wolves.
Er, did you not listen to the principal a few days ago this morning?
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
• General Gameplay and Etiquette:
          ○ There is to be no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.

Orgasmo said:
McConor said:
I voted Bowser because I didn't feel like he was actively trying to create discussion, rather separate himself from the main flow. And I wasn't wrong, was I? The WIFOM argument that a wolf wouldn't do such a thing doesn't really apply either because... it's ******** WIFOM, people

Why discount my "WIFOM argument" when you are inherently making the "WIFOM argument" that a wolf would act in such a manner. We are just on opposite sides of the argument, but you are labeling my view in a way that makes it easy for others to dismiss. Plus, you have completely misinterpreted my point, which was that wolves are unlikely (not "never," as you putting into my mouth) to intentionally draw attention to themselves in the way that Bowser did.

Additionally, Bowser has created discussion, hasn't he? Maybe not in the way that you'd like, but do you think that he thought nobody was going to comment on his play if he was to post in a ridiculous manner? And what is wrong with "separating oneself from the main flow?" Should everyone stick to the status quo and not branch off into other territory? What is the problem with doing your own thing?
Because he's not hunting.

Vote Count – Day 1, Count 3

King Bowser (1) McConor
McConor (1) Orgasmo
Teofish (1) Bodrax
Untitled (3) Big McLarge Huge, King Bowser, Ah_Zhou

Not voting: Everybody else

Big McLarge Huge votes Bodrax
King Bowser votes Rocketsheep
McConor votes King Bowser
Orgasmo, Enchanted Dildo votes McConor
Bodrax votes Teofish
King Bowser votes Bodrax
Ah_Zhou votes King Bowser
Big McLarge Huge votes Untitled.
King Bowser votes Untitled.
Ah_Zhou votes Untitled.

Players left to check in: The Mighty McLovin, Leifr, Benno Maximus, Lord Kelsier

Countdown to lynch: Click here

E-xbz.jpg

"Today is a sad day indeed, for the ghost of Twinkle has been seen haunting the toilets. I now have the regrettable task of informing his parents that his place at the table will remain empty forever. Also, it seems that young Lord Kelsier will be joining us shortly; his parents have sent a note, explaining, and apologising for, his absence. I'm sure you will all give him your warmest greetings when he arrives."

Big McLarge-Huge said:
Bowser I will not lynch, he's just too damn funny.
I don't think this is a very good reason to not lynch. That and King Bowser following up straight away with:

King Bowser said:
Why even bother with Boxcar? I'm the one with the muscle and the can-do attitude.

Unvote: Bodrax
Vote: Untitled.

My list of things to pulverize just keeps getting longer. A Koopa's work is never done!

Suggests to me that Bowser is just a wolf trying to get a bandwagon-lynch going, by massing votes on a guy.

Vote King Bowser

"Click Click"

I've been observing this exchange of dissenting opinions for several days and have decided that it is generally in my own best interests to remain entirely aloof for the rest of the day. I will however suggest that there are some characters here that seem entirely dedicated to the cause of planting false flags. It's unfortunate that honesty is lost within 'Werewolf High' for, surely, we all truly know that honesty is the best policy. But perhaps I am most perturbed by the presence of a singular Koopa whom is apparently running amok with little regard for the comfort of his fellow students, nor the sanctity of legible writing in the name of good communication. I have high suspicions that King Bowser is not King Bowser but in fact a regular Plain Jane 'Koopa' from the awful 1993 cinema release. I also suspect that King Bowser may take a liking to a quiet lynching or two in the school toilets when eyes are averted elsewhere.

I am therefore led to believe that King Bowser is protesting too much for both sides of the coin, and I must only conclude that he is shouting too loud in order to hide the obvious truth. Also, he has a terrible method of discerning information to his compatriots and a shameful taste in the wrong hue of green.

"Shutter Rewind Click"

King Bowser said:
... and promptly continue pounding plumbers with perfect precision!

Super-Mario-Koopa.jpg

-The Koopa Doth Protest Too Much-

Orgasmo said:
Why discount my "WIFOM argument" when you are inherently making the "WIFOM argument" that a wolf would act in such a manner.
I must disagree with you here. McConor's argument isn't that a wolf would act this or that way. He's saying that Bowser's behavior is prejudicial to the hunt, and thus wolfish. There's nothing WIFOM about it.

To clarify, he says my argument of "wolves are unlikely to do X, so Bower is probably innocent" is WIFOM, but his argument can be written as "innocents are more likely to hunt, so Bowser is probably a wolf," which I would say is equally "WIFOM" if you want to define it that way. That's not what he explicitly said, but that is the thought process everyone goes through when they make judgements about other players. We all have preconceived notions of what we think is and isn't wolfish and tend to base our suspicions off them, which is why I think the belief that WIFOM should be discredited is stupid.

Orgasmo said:
To clarify, he says my argument of "wolves are unlikely to do X, so Bower is probably innocent" is WIFOM, but his argument can be written as "innocents are more likely to hunt, so Bowser is probably a wolf," which I would say is equally "WIFOM" if you want to define it that way. That's not what he explicitly said, but that is the thought process everyone goes through when they make judgements about other players.
We're talking about two different layers here. One is discussing actions. A player is either doing it or not. There is little room for interpretation there. And there is a set of actions that are wolfish and one that isn't. If you think this is up for interpretation, you haven't paid enough attention to the rules.

An entirely different thing is discussing motivation. There's no objective fact here, and only the player who did the action knows the true reason for why he acted like that. The room for double and triple bluffs is much wider.

We all have preconceived notions of what we think is and isn't wolfish and tend to base our suspicions off them, which is why I think the belief that WIFOM should be discredited is stupid.
What is and isn't wolfish isn't really a matter of opinion. Both sides have clearly defined, yet very different, goals. And you should discredit WIFOM because, in the end, both cups are poisoned.

Ah_Zhou said:
But I'm probably gonna unvote soon anyway, after a few hours, cos I'm busy atm
What's the point of announcing an Unvote?

In case the round should end during my absence, I will make one game-related observation:

The charge "he is not hunting" because I have not given reasons for my voting, is a rather absurdly easy hurdle to jump over. The fact that I have not done so indicates that I have no intention of doing so, deliberately. I'm about as likely to be guilty as I am likely to actually be named Mario in real life.

The roleplay and the lack of reasoning will continue. :wink: Even after I am dead, should it come to it.

Back
Top Bottom