Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

now you're just making it even more confusing.. how does your heterosexuality have anthing to do with this at all? it's not like the game is asking you to be horny for the guy. he's just a character. does your heterosexuality prevent you from following along with a cis male character as well? i mean, that would be strange, but at least consistent.

I don't know what cis is. An acronym?

If a main plot is the trans man's conflicts with his identity (he might have been born a girl, the trailer seems to imply) then it's a topic I'm far from familiar with.
I don't mean that I should feel anything sexual for anyone. It's the mental state of a person that I probably can't relate to.
It's like if the game was about women going through menopause - I probably couldn't relate either.

But it's just speculation. I didn't think I would enjoy the teen girl angst of Life Is Strange either, but it's one of the best games I know.  :razz:

cis, as in, the opposite of trans. transalpine gaul, cisalpine gaul? never heard?

Adorno said:
If a main plot is the trans man's conflicts with his identity (he might have been born a girl, the trailer seems to imply) then it's a topic I'm far from familiar with.
I don't mean that I should feel anything sexual for anyone. It's the mental state of a person that I probably can't relate to.
It's like if the game was about women going through menopause - I probably couldn't relate either.
and well fine but that has literally nothing to do with your (or anyone's) sexuality. no wonder i was confused.

I get what you mean. It's harder to immerse yourself in a character who has a personal identity-marker you can't really identify with. Same reason I can't play female characters. I have no idea what it's like to be female, so I struggle to connect and immerse myself in the character.

Life is Strange was sick. Great game. The entire LiS Season 2 was on sale recently but I didn't pick it up since it isn't doing very well on reviews. It's probably a one trick pony thing.

In other news, Wasteland 3 is now available for pre-purchase on Steam, hopefully this means release is soon.

I like how the sceners made it look like an adequately realistic city for the trailer, when in fact I know the typical MP game will be spamming 5 layers of walls and rows of barracks under the nose of the enemy. This is why I never touched AOE MP after a couple of matches. It's mostly a spamfest.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/17/broken-roadss-moral-compass-will-make-you-panic-about-every-decision/

I'm really, really excited for how the compass could work if they manage to not screw it up.

Delora Filth said:
I get what you mean. It's harder to immerse yourself in a character who has a personal identity-marker you can't really identify with. Same reason I can't play female characters. I have no idea what it's like to be female, so I struggle to connect and immerse myself in the character.
Yeah, I'm the same.

Being a female isn't that different. Females have an entirely different collection of sexual organs and internal processes. Females often get treated differently in some situations due to the horrific power imbalance between males and females. Females can experience more social pressure to uphold a perceived image of beauty. Females have to give birth. Females have to go to the bathroom more often. Females are not portrayed in any video game. Females are statistically more likely to become older than males the longer time passes, although there are exceptions where they get younger over time. Females sweat by choice and not as a natural reaction to exertion or external temperature. Females are not entitled to free samples if they are below sea level.

So, not really that different.

Back
Top Bottom