Status
Not open for further replies.

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
zcqym.png

CLOSING THOUGHTS  &  THANK YOUS

Hello all Banders and Bladers. Final tradition to say goodbye to another season of the WNL. Season 5 has come to an end but it was another fantastic season with upsets, exciting matches and great competition.

Congratulations to AE who are once again crowned WNL champions. Securing another tournament win and being crowned champions of Europe for a 4th time in the WNL is one hell of an accomplishment. Lifting four of the five WNL titles is incredible. You've shown great ability to fight against adversity and came back to go on and win the tournament. Consistency is a hard thing to come by but you show it every tournament, congratulations.

Congratulations to Irish Rebels who see themselves finishing higher and higher with each tournament. The silver trophy here is an achievement few teams can boast so you should be proud of your accomplishment. You continue to impress and grow as a team and i'm sure you will end up finishing first sooner or later!

Finally congratulations to Unity who managed to see off Wonwokie in a tense 3rd place playoff. You were tremendous all season and nobody will forget the huge upset you caused in the Quarter Finals. Finishing 3rd as a new team is one hell of an achievement so congratulations once again.

GXDQFdW.png

xkSWLPy.png

AZw3vy1.png

As with every season the list of people to thank seems to grow. We have such a wonderful community with so many helpful people. We're incredibly lucky really.

First up a huge thank you to Phreaky for sponsoring another season the WNL. You guys have consistently supported the scene and for that we're hugely grateful.  The shirt you designed for the tournament was just awesome and the t-shirt raffle was great. Thank you!

Thanks also to our sponsor Markmods. Without these guys this tournament could not have happened. You've been incredibly helpful, thank you.

Next up thanks to the other admins. Thank you to Dyktator, Harman and Tardet. You all put in huge amounts of work. Thanks to Tardet who did so much for setting up the tournament maps and factions and running so many pick nights. Thanks to Dyktator for managing the referees, updating the threads and making absolutely awesome cards. Thanks to Harman for all his hard work confirming matches and tracking stats. It's not a job that gets the praise it deserves but you did it fantastically so thank you.

Thanks to Scar and Aeronwen without whom this tournament would have been a real struggle. You're both always incredibly helpful and willing, so thank you so much for your amazing effort. You did a huge amount of work preparing threads and the like. The tournament, the scene and myself owe all of the above great thanks for their hard work. Thanks to Captain Lust also who is always a willing sounding board and who set up the TW NL servers.

There's a list of individuals who need to be thanked also! Thanks Chat Noir for the wonderful logo, to Erminas for the map overheads, to Viglaf for helping to setup servers, to both of the previous and DoF for allowing us use of the WMT servers, to Belendor and Bomba for social media graphics, to Gultar for translations, AZAN for the mod, OGL/Kamillo/LeRoux for social media updates, Yami for interview prep and Trebron for his great match previews.

Next thanks to all the referees who did so much work to help the tournament and matches go along. Airelhach, Fabio, Fietta, Rome, Surkan, Tallie and Tenebrae thanks guys!

Next up i'd like to thank our streamers. Captain Lust and MB_TV as ever provided a great amount of high quality viewing. We also had new streamers doing more than ever this time however! BRO streaming proved to be a great hit and we all hope to see more from them. DoFTV also chipped in and I really hope they'll be continuing. On the subject of DoF, these guys have all been so incredibly helpful and generous in multiple ways so thank you to the DoF peeps again.

Thank all the guys that posted suggestions and feedback and shared their ideas with us regarding the tournament helping to constantly improve and develop it.

Finally I want to thank every team and player that played. This season was absolutely phenomenal in the amount of teams that stayed the course of the tournament. Thanks.

Apologies to anyone I may have missed out.

Observations

Let me go over some observations I made this season, would be good to hear your feedback on them! Will probably set up a thread with a few points of discussion for people to go over.

Tournament/Ladder

Better than last season? Yes. Perfect? Far from it. We'll look at changing the ladder rules to something even better going forward.

New Maps

People don't seem to be able to agree on what qualifies as a good map. Let's have a wider discussion on this issue going forward though I do not wish to see the death of true open maps.

Next Up!

Enjoy your breaks! Christmas is coming soon and as well all know after that comes something even better, THE NATIONS CUP! Preperation is underway regarding that so expect an announcement over the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas all, take care.

Deacon  :party:

RIP Referee's QQ we're peasants anyways QQ. But on the other hand, thanks for the tournament, it was very nice apart from the couple of idiots who decided to let banned players in. Also, thanks Deacon for just being my babe.

It was once again a great season of the WNL. I'd like to thanks Deacon aswell, who has been giving me the opportunity to work with him once again for a major tournament. He is probably one of the best admin I had the chance to met, alongisde Scar, and I feel extremly lucky being able to work for the community,  thanks to you two. I hope I will be able to reach your skills in term of adminstration one day, friends.

It looks it's already been a while Aeronwen brang me in the team for the second edition of the ECS, but it's in fact only 6 months old. Through those six months though, I've been gaining so much experience because of the passionate team of admins I've been working with, that I enjoyed nearly every second of it.

This said, I define myself as a hard worker and I couldn't say everything was perfect in this WNL. There is stuff we have to work on, for the future editions, no matter if it's on Bannerlord or Warband. I also have to figure myself out if I still want to work with some people for a next major, because I'm someone who do not enjoy conflict and there has been some during this WNL, aswell as people disappointing me. Hiding it would be lying,  but I guess it's also my personal business.

So make sure that I will be going through all your suggestion to take the better of it, and make the next WNL/ECS even better if I ever administrate another edition.

As for the Nation Cup, I obviously won't be part of the FRA team, that seems obvious but there are some rumors saying that I might be summoned under BlackTide's services once it gets official. Nothing sure yet, but I'm somehow starting to get attached to some of you. Who would have guessed that, eh?

For now, I'm gonna take a much needed break and will hope to be back soon.

Best regards, Tardet.

I can only echo Deacon's words really, thanks to everyone involved for yet another great season of the WNL, I feel like we were getting closer and closer to the kind of WNL we want in the community. We've had some huge matches, big upsets and great plays to witness - and in the end that's what we are all here for. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. My special thank you goes to the admin team, they have all worked extremely hard and professional until the end, and our sponors in Phreaky and MarksMods!

Ah, and last but not least, congratulations to Irish Rebels and Unity.

Yeah thank you refs, it can be a difficult job and its always good that there is someone ready to shoulder it.  The admins do a lot of work, mostly unrecognised, and spend a lot of hours prepping everything to make teh tourney run as smoothly as possible for the players.

Our sponsors Phreaky and Markmods are regular supporters of teh competitive scene - no thanks is enough!

Thanks also...
All the streamers and co casters who gave up their time to bring us all the matches.

All the players who made the effort to turn up and play the matches.  I was really happy to see Renegades back and look forward to them regaining even more of their old skill for the next tourney.  my main admiration goes to Order of Knights, having a team that turns up and plays in teh face of regular losses shows a lot of team spirit, you guys are awesome.

Pretty much everyone that deserves thanks has been mentioned so I wont repeat anyone in particular.

Just want to say huge thanks to everyone involved. WNL as a tournament is improving every time its hosted and thats everything I could hope for as participant.

GGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom