Grand Final Preview - by Trebron

Users who are viewing this thread

hLIhMlP.png

~~~ Apis Europae vs Irish Rebels ~~~

Yo, that's one more preview I made. Now it’s for the final AE vs IR. The preview is highly influenced by boredom and pain, it's not my team playing in finals so feel free to have different opinion  :grin:

We can't say this final was unexpected. It was either Wonwokie or IR to play against AE. I knew IR is gonna win and they did. But will they beat AE?

This match is different. There's some pressure on IR. They made it so far, 2nd place is not enough for them. These guys really wanna win.
Ok but let's look at last week's results. AE rekt Unity 12:0, when IR had much more close score 11:7 against Wonwokie.
Considering Unity was as strong as Wonwokie or probably even weaker you might think "yeee gg IR". No.
IR has something Unity didn't have. Infantry that can handle the fight with top teams.
Of course I’m about SRC additions for IR. If they don't bench eRRor for some German duel kid as they did in trainings - they won't get stomped on Sandi. IR can even take it on Sandi if they manage to counter AE cav. Sandi is the best map for this. Good positioning and spearplay can make cavalry irrelevant in a few positions at the map. If I was IR's commander I’d go with 1 cav because their cav is bad compared to AE's. How about no cav? Maybe new meta XD

Virus, I think, is better than any AE ranger at the moment but AE got 3 rangers near his level. Toi will be good support for Virus, still on the open map AE gets small archer advantage. On Sandi it's not gonna be a big problem if IR use their inf well. People tend to overrate the advantage of crossfire. You get nothing by putting a bad archer who's missing 80% of his shots or dies fast. That no crossfire. It's minus one infantry you'd have instead of that useless guy. This is why I think it's IR infantry that can win the closed map.
Desolation Valley goes for AE. No need to describe it. AE cav are better in quality and quantity plus AE have 3 good archers. IR have decent cavalry and we've seen last week what decent cavalry is worth in top level matches. It's worth 12:0.
And just as week ago - there are two ways this match can go: IR can win by taking good score on Sandi and stealing rounds on Desolation or AE beating them hard, both maps.

I asked Petur & eRRor for tryhard quotes to add some silly drama. One those 2 guys will feel ashamed after the match "damn I've dropped such try hard quote and lost".
Petur: #AENOFEAR
eRRor: Handful of bees with smooth stings going against the IRISH rebels? Please...
Which quote will lead the team to victory? We're gonna see this Sunday.
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

Watch the match at 19:30 this Sunday on MB_tv and enter to win a #WNL5 T_shirt

tPEsXkI.png

~~~ Unity vs Defenders of Wonwokie ~~~

In this match the biggest factor is which team got least demoralised.

Unity lost 12:0 in semi finals which left me thinking if they even care anymore.

Wonwokie was very close to finals with only 11:7 loss to IR that means they might be still determined to achieve something in this tournament.

Infantry and cavalry are probably the same level in both teams. Archers could be same too but it really depends who's gonna perform better. Paulo vs Matafiks - the duel of fates XD

Teams seem confident with their ranged power, picking two archer/crossbow friendly maps that have many good spots for shooting enemy. Almost every flag is surrounded
by places where archers can be more safe from cavalry. Even Naval Outpost is full of open space, which means even if you have a wallhack, won't help much))) Not expecting fancy plays from cavs and infantry tho.

No big personalities to carry or clutch. Kind of shooting range for archers & crossbows.
For the 3rd place match I doubt any team trained that much like they used to train before.

How will it go? Is RD's sick aim back in form to match Paulo? Will Wonwokie infantry have a chance to prove Gibby Points rating? Is Subzero good enough to play 8v8?
Wanna know the answers? Forget that Grand Final, go watch 3rd place match! xD

Paulo: Wonwokie, We really like you but this week we will really kill you #OneGoal
Horace: We're looking forward to it, losing the semi was tough, but we'll play our best

Watch the match at 19:30 this Sunday here

Text by Trebron, Graphics by Bomba :smile:
edited by Aeronwen ^^

Back
Top Bottom