SP Dark Ages [VC] Sword and Shield - A Mount and Blade Warband Viking conquest Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey awesome mod btw.

Is there a way to change monastery relations drop so that it reduces your relations with christian lords instead of christian factions? Feel like that would work well by making the penalty substantial without making it unmanageable.

Kale3 said:
Carrion said:
Will this module need to be reinstalled with the new update ? is it compatible? Will I need a new save game?

Please and thanks!

Should be working with the latest update, sorry for the slow reply, been busy with school  :smile:

No worries, so I need to follow the standard: fresh install the new version ( 23 ) and then fresh install the mod, load my save, save game, load game and play?

Carrion said:
Kale3 said:
Carrion said:
Will this module need to be reinstalled with the new update ? is it compatible? Will I need a new save game?

Please and thanks!

Should be working with the latest update, sorry for the slow reply, been busy with school  :smile:

No worries, so I need to follow the standard: fresh install the new version ( 23 ) and then fresh install the mod, load my save, save game, load game and play?

Yes, but this mod requires a new game to work.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Hey awesome mod btw.

Is there a way to change monastery relations drop so that it reduces your relations with christian lords instead of christian factions? Feel like that would work well by making the penalty substantial without making it unmanageable.

There's always away... But nothing I can pull off. It would be a nice addition, but I'm afraid I can't implement it atm.

I think I found an issue. The Picts have an insane amount of Landowners and infantry in mail in general which makes them godlike. In most parties, Landowners make up between a quarter and half of their troops.

Is it that I'm just really unlucky? Because I'm hoping its a bug so I can excuse the ass-whooping Northymbre is getting rn. Barely managed to fight off their forces at Edymburg though we were matched in numbers.

EDIT: Also seems like Northmenn don't have shields anymore. That intentional for balance? (They still rip through everything)

EDIT^2: You nerfed the lengendary and regular swords without nerfing the others meaning Godelic swords and greatswords are OP. Adds to the Picts tearing through everyone's tight anus.

Ok so turns out, The Pict's recruits (First level, straight out of the gate) are landowners in full mail and all... Dunno how that works but its relatively balance breaking.

EDIT: In the troops.txt, the Landowner is set as the "level 0" troop which is screwing up the entire tree. Thought I had it fixed but it just crashes instead. I'll post a solution if I get one but any extra expertise would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT^2: Excuse my confusion. It seems that landowner is base unit in VC vanilla although for some reason it is now a lvl 28 mailed unit.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Ok so turns out, The Pict's recruits (First level, straight out of the gate) are landowners in full mail and all... Dunno how that works but its relatively balance breaking.

EDIT: In the troops.txt, the Landowner is set as the "level 0" troop which is screwing up the entire tree. Thought I had it fixed but it just crashes instead. I'll post a solution if I get one but any extra expertise would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT^2: Excuse my confusion. It seems that landowner is base unit in VC vanilla although for some reason it is now a lvl 28 mailed unit.

Landowner is an unused unit, I don't know why it's like this.... No one else seems to be posting about this issue so it my be an issue on your WB, I'll check my nexus though. I would just recommend deleting VC in your modules folder, then reinstalling VC and then installing sword and shield on it. Hope this helps.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
Could you please release the python modules for your mod so that I can try using Kraggs and Kalahrans Tweaker with your mod?

I think @Kale3 used text tweaks, not the source, for creating this submod. What you can do is check his changes for troops/items and replace those files, as the Tweak Tool doesn't affect them (right now, besides the Troll Axe tweak). You can apply this submod tweaks using the tool (the ones listed on the OP are in the tool as well)

Also check his music changes and you may be able to replace the .txt file without issues

Kale3 said:
DrunkenFrenchman said:

Landowner is an unused unit, I don't know why it's like this.... No one else seems to be posting about this issue so it my be an issue on your WB, I'll check my nexus though. I would just recommend deleting VC in your modules folder, then reinstalling VC and then installing sword and shield on it. Hope this helps.

na i got it too i was northumbria and could not kill any picts as they all had 100+ mail armed landowners in their armies

i tried to use this mod on a fresh install of v 2.023 but it completely messed the game, mixed texts and dialogues, is there any plan to update this to the latest version? :smile:

Working troops.txt replacement at link below.
Nothing fancy just adds shields for Northmenn and normalizes Pictish troop tree

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hm48r0ch0355sot/troops.txt?dl=0

Btw, the wages for Northmenn are ridiculous (91 pennings) and they didn't have a shield which makes them completely useless when compared to the swordmen present in the game. Going to try and play around with it, see if I can't get their wages to go in the mid 50s so they are more in line with the other units in the game.

EDIT: Imo axes and landseaxes need balancing. Since axes now to more damage than swords, they should be significantly slower (which is quite accurate). Also, langseax should keep high piercing damage on thrust but rn, they do more slash damage than swords which makes zero sense. The legendary swords should be buffed a bit, they aren't worth the trouble as is. The Godelic series of sowrds and longswords need to be nerfed because they outperform most other weapons in the game rn.

Might take a look and see if I can't play with the numbers and see how it works out. If I get something I'm satisfied with I'll post a link.

BTW, Kale, you're welcome to use the above and any future txt files I post for your mod if they are helpful.

EVERYONE THIS MOD IS BROKEN WITHOUT VC VER. 2.021!!!!! The new update has broken it, I'm unable to work out a fix because my steam account was hacked or lost (call me a liar, but I'm friggin serious!!!!) and I haven't gotten a reply from steam support yet.

I figured this out when the beta came out , I didn't want to say anything though because I thought it might be an issue on my side but now I have to point out that you previously and erroneous stated it would work.

Now the update has poped and I am assuming I will get home tonight and have to start over ... again for the 5th time ...  because of update and mod incompatibility.

Essentially you need to advise us now, not later, if you are going to eventually get this mod going again and or if our saves will be forward compatible otherwise please just let us know so we can cut our losses and not waste our time.

Please and thank you!

Ps is there a list of the tweeks you made? can those tweeks bemade in the VC tweek tool?

Carrion said:
Ps is there a list of the tweeks you made? can those tweeks bemade in the VC tweek tool?

General tweaks: Yes

His changes for troops and items are not part of the tool

(but of course you can apply them yourself and create your own submod using the tool as a base)

Crazy-*ss list of suggestions I've made to a guy in the forums who happened to indicate me this mod.
Idk if some of these are already in this mod, tho I'd like to share the ideas, because why not?
xdj1nn said:
Just played even further during the weekend and I've came to a veredict:
VC is extremely superior to Vanilla, yet the Player Kingdom system is just as flawed, and even more Grindy...
Sure I can take up days of plain grinding to gather rtr, lords friendship, and gold, but the only consistent way to make gold in VC is to go full Ruthless, else take the trader route which is as boring as fk... That being said, grinding relationship with lords becomes priority, but without a tweaked Cooldown for Lord quests it can become the most boring task in a game ever...

So here goes a pletiful of interesting ideas:
1st and foremost, allow players to switch fiefs with other lords -> This is a need to circumvent retarded AI behavior from your own vassals or comrade vassals from the same faction...

2nd there is a urgent need of full diplomacy module merged with VC, sure you can dismiss the trainer and recruiter for better systems, still it's a must have. Managing the Kingdom where you were forced to fight Irish while your Capital lies at the other side of the map is completely retarded. In my save I would get backstab zerg raiding at Friese while I was conquering the whole map from some scrub faction (srsly, irish and pict troops in VC are just annoying butter... You cut through them easily, but they zerg like mongoloids.) Needless to say that I've told you so about patrols, it's a must have. One perfect addendum that isn't in Diplomacy at all would be some form to send emissaries and manage some basic stuff from your own camp, doesn't make sense you having to rush back to the capital just to send one of your companions on a diplomatic mission, it's stupid.

3rd is the ultimate need of Campaign AI improvement, Lords act like moths, they only attack villages or fiefs with small garrison, I'v read about some system in VC to make the marshall take troops from them, not working on AI fiefs apparently.

4th either auto-garrisson or some sort of garrison management from distance.

5th fix the family bs Bryt devs made, supposedly all Ragnarsons should be brothers, all of them should share family bonds, it doesn't make sense that 90% of the lords are single, only child without kids. Rly, this looks like something that was ignored so to rush the DLC into sales.
6th implement lord assassination so to cleanup useless masterless lords who only serve to pester you with 20men troops village pillaging...

7th make all special smith gear superior to everything or exact copies in terms of numbers from the "uniques" found within the game.

8th add all of the items (except for uniques) into the merchant list.

9th reduce all of the quests CD.

10th Add some thematic companions with abilities, like a Berserker companion (preferably capable of using Troll's Axe) / Heroic "inspiring" companion / Tough "shield taunt" companion.

11th remove Asbjorn trait of being against pillaging. Following the Storymode he is in favor of Viking culture, tho if you do that in Sandbox he gets pssed off, whcih makes no fking sense at all...

12th fill the fief gaps on the map, possibly turn event isolated castles and villages into  actual fiefs.

13th Allow the player to purchase neutral lands like mines and farmsteads scattered on the map for profit$.

14th add the missing features from Commander mod (like skirmish AI and similar).

15th Disable Faction relation loss due to fking religion, make it relationship hit with lords on a personal level. The constat war declaration without the Liege's consent probably is one of the reasons the AI gets so messed up...

16th make dog immortal (there's no point on having it able to get killed, it doesn't add anything but cosmetics and some sort of immersion just to see it getting killed doesn't sound very appealing, it could easily be called clutter-content. Else you should remove it completely for the Dog glitches tons of things.

17th Shield Bash

18th reform some of the siege scenes with non-sense bottlenecking either by fixing the navmesh or adding extra entry points so as NPCs do not get Stuck.

19th make ports conquered by enemies to block access from NPCs to sea, and from the sea to land throug that port.

20th add creative methods of regaining rep or losing rep intentionally, like quests with options etc...

21st Fix navmesh for Naval Sieging.

22nd buff Shield HP for round and rawhide, nerf H shield and small shields HP, remove Bashing from small shields (bucklers), H shiled could be negated the Shiled Bash too, but that could bring some crying...
23rd tweak the AI so to make them attack near home, by either increasing morale loss rate of AI armies or by make the AI not like to go far to wage the war (this could be good or bad, idk rly)

24th add Shieldmaiden troop tree into Norse factions, make it like in Friese where you can get Norse of Frisians from fiefs. Make them the female equivalent of huskarls...

25th A nice touch would be to make High King trophies somewhat substantial.
Currently it kinda sucks, 8k gold isn't enough to get you anywhere, I am steamrolling 11+k per each mega battle just from selling prisioners, so it doesn't make any sense to be awarded 8k fro something that should be considered an epic feature. None the less, to actually rule the towns you set out to conquer for this quest it means at least war with 3 nations, problem dealing with the "curb other realm's power" war trigger, and the complete lack of descent lords (90% of this DLC has bad rep lords or neutral, meaning that actually managing your kingdom becomes extremely annoying. Add that to the religion fktard factor, and the relation hit over almost ANYTHING you cando in the game, you are set for some insanely difficult situation forced by accomplishing this task) at min I think each should award 100k g, at least some substantial rtr, 1 lvl for 30lvl+ character in Exp, and massive reputation. If not that, switch it over for all lords from the nations that each town originally belongs to into deflecting to your realm. Either of those would make it worth it, as of now it's feels like a bad-prank from the devs... It's worthless rly...

At first glance I thought this would be Epic, and trigger some sort of never seen before content, something exclusive to the DLC or whatnot, in reality it's just plain worthless, sure you can feel that you've achieved something, but no, in reality it's just the same as conquering chunks of the map with all it's negative effects kicking in regardless of being a set quest that pretends to be epic. It's plain stupid to waste time trying to achieve it... Even the RE Morigan quest rewards better than this bs...

26th Now, one crucial sugestion I can make is to adopt 1257ad's Lance system, it's a thousand times su perior to this bs pick 5 peasants / useless t2 troops. This is one of the reasons why being goodypants can hinder you drastically, for fast recruiting of crucial troops able to either siege or protect fiefs you need to hire vikings, else you are doomed with the ethernal loop of losing 1 huskarl for each you manage to lvl up, completely impractical ethernal loop...

27th Uncertain idea: Make it possible for kings to pledge alliegeance. It only makes sense if you become a "high king" or "emperor", so there's that, never fully understood why that wasn't in the vanilla already.

All I can think of as of this moment.

Shield-Bash:
For now, self-explanatory video about the difference in the Shield Bash:

In VC it goes very much like 1257ad (with delays, and slower + weird animation):

EDIT: Even with Floris SB I still find it useless in the game engine, for the only reason for using it is to create an opening to attack the opponent, but you can't overlap an attack with the bashing, meaning that if you manage there's a high probability that the NPC will easily block your attack regardless...
Still, in Floris the speed allows for such opening to happen, all you have to do is hit fast right after it, hince the reason I've used to use SB there alot. In 1257ad and now in VC I never touch my MouseButton2....
But there's a downside, Floris' SB needs a bit of tweaking to it, so it isn't spammable, adding some sort of CD, just like VC has would suffice. As of now Shield-Bash in VC is useless for the player, whilst a major buff for the AI given it's timing to use it is perfect. For players it isn't that simple, because the range isn't visible, so you have no idea when it's gonna connect, as well as it's slow and locks u in place plus the CD, basically it's useless for the player, unless you are lucky to stun an enemy while your soldier hits, but it's based on chance rly

Alright everyone, I'm closing this thread on 5/10/16. I let you down guys, the mod fell into the darkness of death like so many others on the nexus, I just got really busy with life and I lost my steam for awhile, anyways I'm rebuilding the mod  :party:, when it's back up I'll move it to the new mod section the TW guys implemented. Thanks for your support and suggestions, they have helped (and stressed) me out  :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom