Tell us about the average thing that is assaulting your thought fortress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bromden said:
Gotta ask now, what's so special about hungarian tanks that they tickle your fancy that much? I don't know much about them, except they look like cubic buckets. And if they had a decent amount of battle provess, I'd probably have heard about that from militaristic-nationalistic friends.
I just like those riveted deathtraps a lot, lately I got myself a M13/40 model too. There is something quite heroicly stupid about the fact that those things were the main battle tanks of those (relatively) small nations even while being obsolete by at least 5 years. Also the fact that somehow, the crews of those things (sometimes) managed to make them work against Matildas and T-34-85s. They are very much underdogs.

Also I very much like the look of those rivets.

That's a bull**** story, the Polish Uhlans actually used their brains and a combination of Molotov-Cocktails, grenades and AT rifles.

Bromden said:
and rivets are cool stuff.
(But don't hit bumbs in the road or the rivets will shotgun throughout the inside of the tank.)

Urgrevling said:
On the subject of tanks, for the 40-year birthday I mentioned earlier I was strongly in favour of buying this scale 1:6 model of a Leopard tank for the birthday boy. Includes a firable air cannon. Unfortunately the guys ended up buying him some legos and I got him something else.
racist-sexist-retro-toys-13-660x417.jpg

Back
Top Bottom