Garrison: Does it matter which troops I use?

Users who are viewing this thread

TheAnyKey

Sergeant
To garrison a town or castle, does it matter what kind of troops I use?

What does the auto-calculation consider when a town or castle is attacked in my absence?

1. I suppose the level of the troops in garrison is the or at least one of the most important factors?

2. What about melee vs. archers/crossbows? Does the ratio of melee/ vs. archer matter? Is 100% archer good?

3. Does it matter with which troops I'm attacked? E.g. is it better to have spears in town when attacked by cavalry? Are troops with shields better vs. ranged units?

Etc...

I guess I just want to know what to stuff into my towns and castles. Atm. I'm playing my own faction "New Rhodok Republik", and I want at this point only use Rhodok troops to defend my towns and castles.

Number and level are the primary considerations. Number matters more in the AI's decision on whether or not to siege. Level plays a larger part in the auto-calc. Equipment isn't really taken into account in the autocalculations. As a result, stuffing castles with a large number of low level troops supported by a small number of very high level troops (for when you arrive to actually join the battle) tends to be most effective.

Caba`drin said:
Number and level are the primary considerations. Number matters more in the AI's decision on whether or not to siege. Level plays a larger part in the auto-calc. Equipment isn't really taken into account in the autocalculations. As a result, stuffing castles with a large number of low level troops supported by a small number of very high level troops (for when you arrive to actually join the battle) tends to be most effective.

Thanks! That helps a bunch.

Does Leadership lower the price of 1 gold units? Aren't they already cheaper when in a town or castle? Level 1 troops must be almost free with 10 Leadership?

Wages cannot go below 1 gold/troop. The effect of garrisons only costing half is calculated after the total cost of the whole party is calculated. So technically the garrison cost of 50 troops costing 1 gold each is (50 troops * 1) / 2, rather than 50 * .5

Back
Top Bottom