Instakill mountain bandits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Blaze

Knight
Whenever I get into combat with mountain bandits, I ride towards them and then just take a huge amount of damage and get KO'd.

No incoming projectiles, no sound, just death.

Even coming back with a cheat character with 1,000 points in strength and max skills only delays it. I hold my shield up and run towards them. Then after a few seconds, I get spammed with damage messages saying I take 100+ damage (even with 15 Ironflesh blocking 45 damage) and keel over.

Do the mountain bandits have wizards in their groups? Could be that they're casting fire spells at you or something and you can't see the fire wall.

Nope, it's checked.

Edit: Nevermind, I just got rid of them all. Doing 1,000+ damage through maximum armor/shield is something I won't miss anyway.

Blaze said:
Nope, it's checked.

Edit: Nevermind, I just got rid of them all. Doing 1,000+ damage through maximum armor/shield is something I won't miss anyway.

The wizard flame weapon is dangerous.  I'll switch it with the water pistol and see if its more comfortable.
  Magic has an initial damage plus a seperate scripted damage that ignores armor at the moment, but the effect is set to be small, in the range of 20-30 points
for the part that ignores armor.

I should say: the flame weapons are dangerous to the caster especially.  If you walk backwards they tend to point blank explode and wipe you and your troops instead of the enemy.  This was why I wanted to explore so many combinations with premade charachters.  I found thunder javelins ineffective, drow missiles were OK but you cant stack them with anything else that has a magic effect, such as the flashbang or wounding curse crossbows.  Those are fine so long as they fire normal bolts but putting a special two part bolt on them makes them go off in your face.  The grenades SHOULD be working but do about half damage, so they won't wipe out so many troops at a time.  I'd like to finish magic resistance and then armor can be more nuanced than before.  I am talking TEST E; in TEST A there was an "all hit points except 1" effect to many magics; if you had 1000 hit points they would damage 999.  For Test E that was changed.  Test E has an annoying double spawn in the village elder, at tavern mercs, and adding scenes to correct missing ones at some villages broke savegame.  The next patch should be a hot patch that does not ruin savegame.

The item based magic will eventually be replaced; it is a place holder waiting for a more serious system, with presentation based spell selection, npc casting, npc heals, and a real magic defense that adjusts to the type of armor worn (so plate mail is a handicap in a shower of sparks but gives some protection against grenades, and does fairly well against acid - but so might leather.)  Fire, cold, unholy, divine, acid; these at least are likely attacks, besides blunt, piercing, and cutting.

- GS

Back
Top Bottom