Summarized feedback/questions (333+ ingame days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Orang Utan

Recruit
Ahoy! Maybe some detailed feedback to this game could motivate developers to continue good work on this fun and high potential game more than just grumbling.  And there are some questions left after playing a while....
Yes, I already have  a lot of fun with the version from july. In contrast to the version I bought a few months before there is enough motivation to set sails from time to time and continue the adventures of my infamous captain. Actually there's a little bit of Pirates!-feeling - arrrr! :cool: On the other hand there are still some moments, I feel like "oh yes, there should be done something  to balance/ad content/etc." - and these other moments when  I'm about to tear my (last) hair... (I played Pirates! in the 80s on C64 so there is not much hair left :wink: ) So I still hope for future updates!

Bugs

I didn't run in much bugs in version 1.060. And if so they were not gambreaking so far.
* There are sometimes red error messages flooding the screen - but nothing evil seems to happen... well, I don't know what would have happenend if there weren't there... :smile: (not really danger to my last hair)
* After return from battles to world map sometimes two apparently random cities change to players faction for short time. It is possible to assign a governor in this time - and so they stay in your faction. Easy workaround is to wait until they change back after short time. (no danger to my last hair)
* I got a quest which told me  "Meet your minister Hans Kneissl at your court in Hans Kneissl" - well I should meet myself in myself? Thats some buddhistic stuff, isn't it? :grin:

Pathfinding

... is sometimes depressing. Especially in siege scenes, when everybody runs against walls. Not much defenders left. But my char is lounging somewhere picking bullets out of his peg legs... so no chance for one man show... (DANGER TO MY LAST HAIR!)

Naval battles

* if your flaggship is captured by the enemy but recaptured and the battle is won - your companions are still off and have to be collected from all over the caribbean sea - why? (did not lose my flagship for quite a while so I don't know if this is still happening - but if i start a new game it could be again danger to my last hair)
* sometimes I didn't get the captured ships after a battle. I think this has something to do with having not enough sailors with me. But there was no message. I wondered quite a while and I'm still not sure about this
* Every party member seems to be on every ship in naval battles?! If you capture ships and these are under heavy attack all of your party will be injured while your flagship is pretty safe... (DANGER TO MY LAST HAIR!)
* an order for ships to leave the battle would be nice (at least to leave the centre/try avoid enemy contact)

Miscellaneous/Questions

* Shouldn't travelling on sea be much faster in normal case than travelling on land? It looks strange when everyone prefers the land route (taking there ships with them...)
* how can my factions lords be pleased aside from giving them cities? They don't care about helping them in naval battles.
* would it be much effort to add possibility to transfer ammunition from one ship to another? (equivalent to "Add sailors")
* is there no possibility to get someone out of chail beside of capturing the whole city?
* the party list (outside a town) always jumps to the end of the list and you have to scroll back when you click through your companions ... grrr
* I never ever captured a lord... is there a bug or anything I can increase chances?
* the letters of marques are not implemented, are they?

Wishes (for more epic pirate feeling)

* Much slower travel speed on sea (maybe optional or moddable?). And even slower on land (see above). Btw. the 2D map is despite of this absolutely ok!
* no instant messages about sieges/captured lords - I'd really prever the good old "hail for news", asking arround in towns, etc.
* btw.: why is it not possible to talk to others on sea?!
* More variety regarding convoys. (Where is the silver train? Where is the treasure fleet?) There is no real possibility for big coups (especially in later game). (Where is the silver train? Where is the treasure fleet?) At least there should be real big convoys.
* btw. I miss the feeling of taking real loot after rousing battles ("Ahhh, two sacks of grain, three ropes and some barrel of fish, well, there is one silver and even a porcelain! Hopefully my lubberly crew won't break it cause the merchant in next harbour will give me a good price for this fine teacup!") Well, actually I'm not starving, it's just that feeling. Who needs all these different tiny things? I need tons of loot! Plenty of it! And I also don't need old hats and shoes...
* also regarding raiding cities: "We'll give you 7.000 if you leave us alone..." - "Well, repairing my ship costs up to 50.000... one artillery costs 9.000.... you destroyed two... hmm ... let me think a while about your bountiful offer... No... no, I think I'll burn your houses, take your goods and kidnap your women (and/or men)! This is not possible? No option? And no women in the caribbean sea? Ok, I see... But I have the possibility to govern your lousy city, you say? Why the hell... ?! I can't raid my own towns!"
* No women in the whole carribean sea ... ? Why?! :smile:
* more diplomatic options
* why no villages, quests, treasures ... ?

Conclusion

The game is fun. But it seems to be designed for arcade mode and I would prefer 'epic mode'. All parties haste arround the world map clashing permanently. But it's not (yet) varied enough to keep up motivation this way for long. Or more precisely: The "there could be much more"-feeling is ever-present.
The warband engine makes battles the core of the game. But I think there shouldn't be one battle after another. I'd prefer rousing battles with prearrangement and satisfying consequences instead. And something to do aside of sinking one lord's convoy after another and capture towns. 
So I hope very much for further development! (and/or mods?).

Back
Top Bottom