Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

Users who are viewing this thread

First step: Open troops.txt (text document) with any text editor you like. (I'm using Notepad)

Second Step: Select and copy a troop. I doesn't matter which troop you copy, because you'll modify it anyway.

Third Step: Scroll down until you see the last troop.

Fourth Step: Paste under the last troop.

Fifth Step (optional): Add [number of troops added] to the number under Troopsfile Version. Though, I don't recommend it because the Troop Editor will do it for you.

Sixth Step: Save.

I hope it helped. If you're more visual and need pics. please say so.

Thane Delphi said:
also is it possible to change the name of the kingdoms and/or create new ones?
and can i create new types of bandits and bandit parties? i tried to but fail.
thanks to anyone who replies. :grin:
Yes but you'll need to make some modifications with the module system to use them :razz:

The editor works great, and I made my new troop.
However, for some reason, I can't update the new troop's stats. I tried just entering the new ones but say didn't work. I also tried disbanding all of the new troop and then upgrading to it again. But dat didn't work either. Anybody got any other ideas?

Btw if it helps I'm playing on a clash of kings 1.31 so I'm modifying dat troop.txt file

Have you updated your troop(s) then saved in the editor?
Sometimes, people just hit the save button and then complain that it doesn't work. Others update the troop(s), but forget to save the changes.

Which version of mount&blade are you using?
It's possible that the game or version of the game you're playing isn't compatible with the unofficial troop editor. If that happens, you may want to try another editor, like Morgh's.

Have you tried to see the new changes in a new game?
The changes should be save-game compatible though, so there's little chance that this solves your problem.

I downloaded this and edited some troops, but now I want it back to normal. Is there any way I can make it so that all the changes are deleted? Please help! And if there is no way to do it automatically, can someone give me the original, non-edited versions of: Rhodok veteran spearman, Rhodok sergeant, Rhodok trained spearman, and sarranid archer?

BludnVinegar said:
I downloaded this and edited some troops, but now I want it back to normal. Is there any way I can make it so that all the changes are deleted? Please help! And if there is no way to do it automatically, can someone give me the original, non-edited versions of: Rhodok veteran spearman, Rhodok sergeant, Rhodok trained spearman, and sarranid archer?

This, my friend, is why you always back up your files first. I don't know of a way to restore changes, but I'm sure someone could give you the files, or at least look up the stats and post them. I'll do that if I have time later.

Mr.Nock said:
BludnVinegar said:

This, my friend, is why you always back up your files first. I don't know of a way to restore changes, but I'm sure someone could give you the files, or at least look up the stats and post them. I'll do that if I have time later.
. Thanks. For future reference, how do I back up files?

only after many hours of troubleshooting, forum diving, and trial and error, have I decided to bring my problem here. it's puzzled me on such a level that I made an account for the express purpose of seeking aid.

my problem is as follows: no matter what I do, or what I try, I cannot add new units. I just can't. I've followed the instructions to the letter, copied from top blank space to bottom, copied the new troop to the bottom of the list and not the middle, tried changing the name within the troops.txt file, but every time I try to add a new unit, I get "Invalid property value" and "Subscript out of range". and this applies not only to the new unit, but makes -EVERY- unit in the game now non editable. the only fix is replacing the troops.txt file with a backup that does NOT have the new unit added. however, if I don't try to add a new troop, it works absolutely fine. could it be that it's cause I'm trying to edit troops in the Last Days of the Third Age mod? I would think not, because I'm able to edit the existing units just fine. any help at all would be much appreciated, cause I'm at a loss.

It generally happens when there is an error within the file. Try from a clean copy again or view the file in notepad and look for potential places where the error could be. Sometimes it's as stupid as a line break too many or a missing 0.

Yeah, the main issue is that I don't know what errors look like, if that makes sense. I'm not sure where the missing zero would go, or the line break, or etc.

Edit: Small update. I copied a troop over from Vanilla Mount and Blade Warband, and I was able to edit that "new" troop in the troop file for The Last Days of the Third Age. But all the other troops were still cut off. Small progress I guess.

move your task bar to the right or left of your screen. I had the same issue before and it helped me save enough space to be able to click all and every button.

Here's how:

»right click your task bar
»click on properties
»change the taskbar location
»apply changes

This may have been answered somewhere in the 38 pages of text but, is there any reason why I can't change proficiencies of some troops, but I can change their equip and such?

Back
Top Bottom