Reconsider Roster Rule Regarding transfers

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I wanted to ask you to reconsider this rule or explain why you wouldn't change it:

(1) Any player who has not yet played in an WNL match may join a team at any time. However, once a player has played for one team they may not play for another team during this WNL.

This is very drastic. I played and shortly dropped from my former team in Week 1 with unfortunate timing undoubtly and hence I wasn't able to join any other teams this wnl. I don't think this is fair nor logical, I haven't had any part if at all in my former teams performance in the league, because there's little you can impact in the whole league in just a week.
I believe there was some rule back in other major tournament that said that after Week 3, then players couldn't be trasnfered. But there was a transfer week, unlike now in which yo uare bound to the team you play with. Could that be changed.
Thanks

I generally like that you can't switch teams, but maybe allowing it once up till a certain week or something would be reasonable.

I also have a similar problem. I wanted to join and play in the WNL and I left my recent team which I entered which I lead into the WNL since my friend left and he was the main leader I cant lead coz am kokot at leading so we had no leader so I left. Then I went and rushed into a team as I couldn't find one I liked and I joined and played for the first one I found, but now they are disbanding and pulling out the WNL and because of this rule I cannot change team even if my team has left the League. As some people have said this could be the last WNL and I really don't want to waste my time. I want to join a team and play for it, I think this rule should be adjusted slightly for example a player is allowed to play 1 or 2 matches with one team then under circumstances either kicked or the team disbanded you are allowed to join another team only once.

[Carthage]Hannibal said:
i did one match for Outcast which i played only a few rounds for, i should be able to change after 3 weeks not playing.

You told me that Chaff bullied you and made you feel uncomfortable i'm really sad this happened :sad:

I would've liked something like this to be implemented however given that we're on week 5 of what is only a 7 week League I don't see that it's worth adding now.

There are probably two ways of doing this that will be considered 'fair' and reasonable by most:

1) Free transfers are allowed up to a certain point in the tournament - such as Week 2 or 3.
- Alternatively the rule could be set that a team is only allowed a certain number of transfers to prevent mass team-switching.
- Similarly it could be set that a player can only transfer team once during this period.

2) There is a designated transfer week at some point in the tournament - such as half-way through the tournament transfers can be permitted.
- As with the above, both team transfers and the number of times an individual can switch would ideally be restricted.

However, these are points that should be considered for future tournaments, it's far too late to consider this for the current WNL - the only way in which this could work would be allowing players from teams outside of the top 8, that make it to the playoffs, to switch to those that do make the top 8. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me and I highly doubt it will be implemented however discussion on it will probably take place regardless.

Gibby Jr said:
I would've liked something like this to be implemented however given that we're on week 5 of what is only a 7 week League I don't see that it's worth adding now.

There are probably two ways of doing this that will be considered 'fair' and reasonable by most:

1) Free transfers are allowed up to a certain point in the tournament - such as Week 2 or 3.
- Alternatively the rule could be set that a team is only allowed a certain number of transfers to prevent mass team-switching.
- Similarly it could be set that a player can only transfer team once during this period.

2) There is a designated transfer week at some point in the tournament - such as half-way through the tournament transfers can be permitted.
- As with the above, both team transfers and the number of times an individual can switch would ideally be restricted.

However, these are points that should be considered for future tournaments, it's far too late to consider this for the current WNL - the only way in which this could work would be allowing players from teams outside of the top 8, that make it to the playoffs, to switch to those that do make the top 8. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me and I highly doubt it will be implemented however discussion on it will probably take place regardless.

As to your opinion that it's too late, the tournaments still has one or two months left until it ends afaik. It does not end in two weeks, knockout stage comes after, and some of us who have not been able to participate could make it into a team also for the knockout stage.
So it isn't too late, there has been nothing decided yet and still a while until then!
Regardless if the admins decide not to change this WNL I won't complain eventhough it was kind of bad for the guys who couldn't really play due to this rule.

Dawnut said:
As to your opinion that it's too late, the tournaments still has one or two months left until it ends afaik. It does not end in two weeks, knockout stage comes after, and some of us who have not been able to participate could make it into a team also for the knockout stage.
So it isn't too late, there has been nothing decided yet and still a while until then!

As I see it the rule was introduced specifically to prevent players from knocked out teams switching to teams that remain in the tournament.  It makes a mockery of the whole tournament when that happens.

There are pros and cons to every rule.  Having the rule in place means that teams are encouraged to stick together for the length of a tournament and players should consider carefully before joining a team.

If transfers were allowed we risk teams breaking up because their one or two best players are poached to other teams after a good performance or two.

While I sympathise with players who left a team after finding the team dynamics did not work for them or whose team broke up or left the tournament, those considerations have to be out in the balance with the detrimental effects of allowing transfers. There might be a case to be made for a limited number of transfers or transfers for a limited time.  For me, though,  the balance still comes down on the side of players taking more responsibility for their own decisions and making more effort to find and maintain the right team for them.

10 weeks is really not that long. 

Back
Top Bottom