Startup error

Users who are viewing this thread

santyclause

Recruit
After downloading the mod, running the cmd commands, altering the configuration settings, and doing all this other fun stuff, I am consistently running into a runtime error shortly after it starts up. Error is repeated below.

Program: ...Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminated it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It happens about a third through the loading bar where it says "Processing INI File"

mb_warband currently runs as administrator and has had a few compatibility modes tried on it.

Help?

santyclause said:
After downloading the mod, running the cmd commands, altering the configuration settings, and doing all this other fun stuff, I am consistently running into a runtime error shortly after it starts up. Error is repeated below.

Program: ...Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminated it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

It happens about a third through the loading bar where it says "Processing INI File"

mb_warband currently runs as administrator and has had a few compatibility modes tried on it.

Help?
Enable Load Textures on Demand in pre-start Configure and enable Pixel Shaders, that should help in the loading screen. Where did you download the mod from? Moddb?

Enable Load Textures on Demand in pre-start Configure and enable Pixel Shaders, that should help in the loading screen. Where did you download the mod from? Moddb?

I already have both of those checked and yes I did get it from Moddb.

I also have a 64 bit operating system and a pretty powerful computer.

A runtime error could mean out of RAM total to process. Does this happen on only the module or other mods as well? The cmd changes should only be done if you have issues after doing the enable LToD and Pixel shaders.

usnavy30 said:
A runtime error could mean out of RAM total to process. Does this happen on only the module or other mods as well? The cmd changes should only be done if you have issues after doing the enable LToD and Pixel shaders.

I don't have any other mods installed at the moment. Any recommended for testing?

As for the cmd changes, I believe that is what I did but I can't guarantee it.

santyclause said:
usnavy30 said:

I don't have any other mods installed at the moment. Any recommended for testing?

As for the cmd changes, I believe that is what I did but I can't guarantee it.
Do you happen to have a 32-bit OS? The mod is very big and may be unable to play it, try Floris, Perisno, A Clash of Kings, L'Aigle, etc as these are all big mods as well.

usnavy30 said:
Do you happen to have a 32-bit OS? The mod is very big and may be unable to play it, try Floris, Perisno, A Clash of Kings, L'Aigle, etc as these are all big mods as well.

I do have a 64-bit OS. I tried 2 of the mods that you supplied, Perisno and Floris. While Perisno crashed on startup, Floris ran flawlessly.

santyclause said:
usnavy30 said:

I do have a 64-bit OS. I tried 2 of the mods that you supplied, Perisno and Floris. While Perisno crashed on startup, Floris ran flawlessly.
Alright my bad I didn't see you already said you had a 64-bit OS previously in the replies. Any crash message from Perisno? I would recommend re-download as Moddb can be fickle.

Check your mod folder for Full Invasion 2, the mod folder name should be FI2 v0121 exactly and that folder should contain a file called module(.ini) with a little cog icon on it.

And welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here.

usnavy30 said:
Alright my bad I didn't see you already said you had a 64-bit OS previously in the replies. Any crash message from Perisno? I would recommend re-download as Moddb can be fickle.

Check your mod folder for Full Invasion 2, the mod folder name should be FI2 v0121 exactly and that folder should contain a file called module(.ini) with a little cog icon on it.

And welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here.

Perisno simply stopped responding with no message when I tried.

I redownloaded Full Invasion 2 from ModDB again and when I started it up, the main image on the loading screen was partly corrupted and instead of a runtime error message like last time, it just stops responding.

I checked the files and the name was there along with the module.ini.

And thanks.

Those last few suggestions gave me an idea on what it could be. Skype has a bad habit of screwing with my Steam downloads whenever it is open and it corrupts files in the download making the download excruciating if I don't close it.

Sure enough when I checked the files in the archive, most were corrupted. I went ahead and closed Skype and after another download it finally started working.

Thanks for your help and I don't think I would have arrived at that conclusion if you hadn't dropped in. It's also good to know that Skype interferes with other downloads as well.

santyclause said:
Those last few suggestions gave me an idea on what it could be. Skype has a bad habit of screwing with my Steam downloads whenever it is open and it corrupts files in the download making the download excruciating if I don't close it.

Sure enough when I checked the files in the archive, most were corrupted. I went ahead and closed Skype and after another download it finally started working.

Thanks for your help and I don't think I would have arrived at that conclusion if you hadn't dropped in. It's also good to know that Skype interferes with other downloads as well.
What an odd source of the problem. Good to hear it is fixed and now we know. Yup no problem, it's what I do to help others. Fighting the good fight and all that jazz.

Back
Top Bottom