Status
Not open for further replies.
A few possibilities for the tournament:

Format:
FT10 → 30-57 rounds 
FT7 → 21-39 rounds
FT5 → 15-27 rounds

Matches:
Round-robin with a set deadline to play all of your matches (ex, 4 weeks to play all of your opponents)
Round-robin with stages with individual deadlines (ex, play your first 3 matches in week 1)
Groups with a final round robin for the top n teams.
Something else???

Rather than make a poll with these options I'd like people to give their opinions, I've heard FT10 is preferred, but I'm not sure if everyone wants to do that many rounds for each of their opponents. Let me know before the submission deadline so we can start right after, thanks!

Oodle said:
FT10 

The Total Annihilation tourny was ft10 and that **** was hype.

Team Name: The Peasants
Leader: Sean
Contact Information: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ilickhugewang/
Members: Sean, Matthew, Tupac. Substitute: Ordyn

Sjaeles said:
Matches:
Round-robin with a set deadline to play all of your matches (ex, 4 weeks to play all of your opponents)
Round-robin with stages with individual deadlines (ex, play your first 3 matches in week 1)
Groups with a final round robin for the top n teams.
Something else???

Updated teams, and it seems pretty obvious that you all want FT10, so I've updated the ruleset for FT10. Let me know what you think about the matches though, still not sure what would be best.

Team of the year:
Tyeh0Uv.png

(Added the new teams, will do name/roster changes in a bit)

Teams have all been updated.

As for the format of the tournament, with this many teams it would be silly to do 17 weeks of round robin. So I came up with a few alternatives:

1. 3 weeks of swiss (for seeding), then 6 weeks of single elimination. This is still pretty long, but a bit more fair, and everyone gets at least 4 matches.

2. Two tiered single elimination. Teams that win their first match remain in the upper tier single elim, teams that lose their first match play through a lower tier single elimination tournament. This is a lot shorter, and at least guarantees everyone 2 matches.

3. Round robin for "x" number of weeks. Though not really a round robin when limited, it would mean we could use the point system I proposed in the original post.

I wasn't expecting such a large tournament, and as much as I'd love to do a long tournament with the 2-point system round-robin style, I understand that most people won't want to do 17 weeks of matches. So let me know which of these sounds the best, or propose your own tournament format! I'd appreciate quick responses though, as it would be nice to start the matches as soon as submissions are locked.

Team Name: Battle Buddies!
Leader: Sigi
Contact information: me or aporta, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044664992/
Members: Aporta, Cru, Sigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom