[Werewolf] Advertisement Thread - Current Campaign: Tails of Fur

Users who are viewing this thread

I use google, too, but somehow I end up with always the same few generic werewolf pictures. Maybe I should alter my search terms, but nah...

Funny you mention WW meets RPG, somehow that's been always on my mind, and apparently Moss' game did try something like that, but to be honest, I completely forgot. Which one was Moss'ss'ss's game?

The one with the island and the weapons you could find/give/steal/whatevs. You know, when Corndawg murderated us all. :razz:

I don't want to leave as much to dice-rolls in my game, and I hope it will be sufficiently different enough to provide something new, and also make players think a little more about how they play. Not the same old "here we go again..." spiel.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
The one with the island and the weapons you could find/give/steal/whatevs. You know, when Corndawg murderated us all. :razz:
Ah yes, I remember...the anticlimactic one!  :shifty:

It was a nice try, though. Good to try some nice stuff, otherwise we always end up with the same ol', same ol'

I don't want to leave as much to dice-rolls in my game, and I hope it will be sufficiently different enough to provide something new, and also make players think a little more about how they play. Not the same old "here we go again..." spiel.
Sounds great, except that I urge you to never use the expression "spiel" in my presence.  :meh:

But yeah, Whoopin's game was also supposed to have some RPG elements, even though that one took it at least two steps further. Having some sort of system that adds to the game, while not changing it completely, would be great!

Talisien’s Travel Guide - Part 4

Today, dear reader, I’d like to introduce you to one of the lesser-known places of our fair land: Adaham Abbey.

Some two hundred years ago there lived a young man by the name Adam of Hamm. Adam was a man no different than you or I (well, certainly no different than you, at least) who lived the humble life of a farmer. A good man by all accounts, Adam had only a single foible; apple scrumpy. Each spring, when the fruits of the last year’s harvest were ripe and bubbling in the fermentation vats, Adam could be found at the head of the queue with his flagon in hand.

It was during one such fateful spring that Adam
Found the Maker. According to witnesses, he stumbled one morning out of a sheep field in which he’d ignobly spent the night, surrounded by a luminous nimbus and babbling about having seen the light. That very same day he sold his farm and gave away all his possessions, then joined the local monastery to become closer to the Maker.

Brother Adam of Hamm swiftly rose through the ecclesiastical ranks and went on to commission his own monastery. Upon its completion, Brother Adam was granted sainthood, and became Saint Adaham The Wily. For many years he instructed young monks in the ways of the Maker, and adherents came to Adaham Abbey  from miles around to receive his blessing.

Saint Adaham’s tale comes to a grisly, premature end when one morning whilst he was taking his morning constitution, he was viciously savaged by a honey badger. His students found him hours later, clinging precariously to life, and though they tried their hardest, they were unable to save him.

In the century and a half since Saint Adaham’s death, his Abbey has been largely unused and fallen into disrepair, but the faithful still come in small numbers to pay their respects to one of the greatest Saints of all time, and to impart to their children vital lessons about the dangers of the wild honey badger.

TPaXw.jpg

Yes, it's actually Whitby Abbey in Yorkshire.

#EnglishArchitectureInYourFace

I want my game to be as visual as possible, so whilst I won't be flooding it with images, there will be pictures of places/people/anything else as necessary, to help immersion and make it feel more RPG-like.

Also, watch this space for something NEW and EXCITING and DIFFERENT very soon!

BTW, the badger is England's largest carnivore. True story.

I know, it's pathetic.  :meh:

Damn, Xardob beat me to the cows...  :meh:

I feel deeply honored to be included in this story in such a way. Awesomeness abounds!  :lol:

Though I can't really remember whether the whole Adaham Abbey and monk business is a reference to something I came up with in the past, or whether it's something you came up with yourself. Anyway, great stuff, as usual  :grin:

Keep 'm coming, they are nice reads!

Having been attacked by a Scottish Higlander before, I can confirm that Cows are dangerous.
Luckily, it's horns hit the pocket where my pouch - which was overburdened with coins - was, and the damage was negligible. :party:

You crazy people messing with the wrong cows.  Here's a breed from Europe, specifically from Friesland, that are the most gentle dairy cows in the world.  They love being petted and very seldom have anger issues.
HviJy.jpg

The Holstein-Friesian.

Dutchies really aren't. I guess they're domesticated for so long, the trait must have been bred out of them. I think that's part of what makes them so useful as dairy cows.

Disobedient ones, were tied to one of the masts of a local windmill, to take a couple of rides. I believe it is said that after about 3 generations, they generally well behaved. Modern day I have yet to see a cow tied up, so I think you must be quite right Xardob.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Even the most docile of bovines becomes and unrelenting killer in calving season.
Not the Holsteins that are used as dairy cows.  They do not identify humans as threats.  I have seen them nudge humans in the direction of a sick calf as if to say, Take a look and see what you can do. 
They are always interested in what their humans are up to.

Lord Brutus said:
Not the Holsteins that are used as dairy cows.  They do not identify humans as threats.  I have seen them nudge humans in the direction of a sick calf as if to say, Take a look and see what you can do. 
They are always interested in what their humans are up to.

Do members of the public regularly walk their dogs through cow fields in the US? Because that's how people in the UK get killed by cows; not by being seen as threats, but by walking their dogs (which ARE seen as threats) along public footpaths which just happen to run through cow fields, during calving season. :razz:

Talisien’s Travel Guide - Part 5 - Townsville Inhabitants

Now that you know something of our fair land, it’s perhaps time to introduce you to some of the local faces. Being a small and rather quaint town, the people who live here are predominantly farmers, fishermen and of course, pie-makers. That said, there are a few people to keep an eye open for, people who are always willing to share a bit of gossip or direct a friendly traveller to somewhere of import.

Xoa7Y.jpg
UFa42.png
UFa42.png
UFa42.png
UFa42.png
UFa42.png
UFa42.png
UFa42.png

I feel like we’re such good friends by now, dear reader, that I can tell you a little more about myself. You see, I was not always the Royal Bard of Townsville; oh no! In fact, when I was a youngster like yourself, I was considered a bit of a scoundrel. My father had his own farm, out on the outskirts of the town, and I despaired over the idea of taking over the family business, just as he despaired over my lack of interest in dairy farming.

As I neared the age of my majority, I did the only thing a young man with too much fluff in his head and dreams of grandeur could do; I ran away and joined a travelling circus! Ah, those were the days. We toured from east to west, from north to south, we braved storms and blizzards and heat, all in the name of entertainment. It was from the circus-folk that I learned the arts, for you’ll find nobody more well-travelled nor well-informed than circus-folk.

Then, as we were performing for the Sultan of Panzibar some ten years after my flight from home, I was struck by the most terrible of curses. Ah, I can see it in your eyes, you’re picturing me with fur and fangs, howling beneath the light of the full moon!

*Chuckle*

No, I was not cursed with lycanthropy. It is the
other terrible curse of which I speak; the curse which leaves your mind unable to concentrate during the day and unable to sleep at night, which reaches into your chest with a burning, icy hand and attempts to rip your heart out through your ribs. I speak, of course, of love.

My beloved and I were betrothed and wed in the space of a month, but the travelling life was not for her, and she was adamant that our children (for she quickly became with child) be given a proper upbringing. And so it was that I cast my mind back to Townsville, to the rolling meadows and pleasant woods, and the herd of cows waiting patiently for me. The rest, you could say, is history.

Though my wife passed away almost twenty years ago, she gave me three beautiful children, and they in turn provided eight grandchildren, each possessed of my desire to travel and learn. All but one of my grandchildren have flown the nest as I once did, but I know that they will return, when they are ready. Until then I content myself with entertaining travellers like yourself, with playing ballads for the Queen during official events (or whenever she’s feeling particularly demanding…) and with inventing humourous limericks, which never fail to amuse the local townsfolk.

Please join me here tomorrow night, when I’ll introduce you to my generous benefactor and ruler of Townsville.

Back
Top Bottom