[VC] Are you going to release the module source?

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, the last release didn't get released, which is fine because there was a small slew of issues that remained. Given that 2.023 is in beta as of today, I present this to you, the faithful (if not totally patient) few. Kindly let us know what is missing (besides the skyboxes source), so we can make a complete version for TW to put up.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8432316/Viking%20Conquest%20Source.7z

motomataru said:
so we can make a complete version for TW to put up.

Are you gonna include:

- graphics stuff
  1) old textures/files from the 1.0 version. IIRC @BrustwarzenLenny promissed that
  2) any other useful files like banners, game map, etc that can be edited (not the final version we have with the game)

BrustwarzenLenny said:
The beards are actually all still available in their BRF. If you miss one, you can add it to your skins.txt, to have it ingame again.
We limited the ingame-collection to a specific amount, because with more the engine generates issue-entries in log, so it seems
like they could be too much.
About armors - when we release our module-system, i will also release the files from our old stuff and some other leftovers
to the modding-community.

@kragrrim/@reiksmarshal may have some ideas here

- permissions to use the resources (how, where, etc)
1) Can modders use stuff on non VC mods
2) Can modders create a total conversion to VC (that requires the DLC key)
3) Any restriction with modding VC (change the storyline, etc)
4) Where to post threads on mods (are you gonna create a mod subforum, or should they use the same as Warband mods)
5) Any rule with how to name mods? Example, can someone create a mod "VC Reforged 2"
and so on

I will give a look on the MS later this week. Glad to see it "out there"  :party:

Edit: found the quote

kalarhan said:
  2) any other useful files like banners, game map, etc that can be edited (not the final version we have with the game)

A banner equivalent of the custom-sails PS file is all I can think of for now. Maybe a high-res version of the banners_a textures for adapting for artwork. Neither of these is really important though, we can improvise.

kalarhan said:
motomataru said:
so we can make a complete version for TW to put up.

Are you gonna include:

- graphics stuff
  1) old textures/files from the 1.0 version. IIRC @BrustwarzenLenny promissed that

BrustwarzenLenny said:
The beards are actually all still available in their BRF. If you miss one, you can add it to your skins.txt, to have it ingame again.
We limited the ingame-collection to a specific amount, because with more the engine generates issue-entries in log, so it seems
like they could be too much.
About armors - when we release our module-system, i will also release the files from our old stuff and some other leftovers
to the modding-community.

- permissions to use the resources (how, where, etc)
1) Can modders use stuff on non VC mods
2) Can modders create a total conversion to VC (that requires the DLC key)
3) Any restriction with modding VC (change the storyline, etc)
4) Where to post threads on mods (are you gonna create a mod subforum, or should they use the same as Warband mods)
5) Any rule with how to name mods? Example, can someone create a mod "VC Reforged 2"
and so on

I will give a look on the MS later this week. Glad to see it "out there"  :party:

Edit: found the quote

I suscribe to all these questions  :smile:

I was made a scenic-menu like VC's (but not same, It has written by me) for my mod, but I couldn't arrange the menus dynamically, Phaiak was told me some tricks but I couldn't do it again. Now the source is released and can I use vc stuff for make the dynamic arrangement of menus ?

Nevermind, I've found how to arrange the menus dynamically; From the "budget_report" presentation in Native module system. There is an arrange that seperated to 3 objects(Towns, castles and villages). By the way I can't use vc stuff because of its DLC state anyway.

Some more thoughts for actual release:
-Maybe you could update the notes at the top with any especially relevant VC info, though I can't think of anything now.
-Change the few Spanish #comments into English maybe (if they're important).
-A little guide on troops and items for casual modders could be nice, eg how to add/change helms with hair, apply equipment skill penalties on newly added stuff. Apply height and religious affiliation to added troops, that kind of thing.
-List of duplicate scenes.

Edit: btw in module_scripts.py  "$wind_strenght" is misspelled, should be $wind_strength.

Usage of the source material falls under the following conditions:
1. Credit Viking Conquest when Viking Conquest Mod Source is used for non-Viking Conquest mods.
2. Only Viking Conquest Mod Source may be used in non-Viking Conquest mods. Do not use Viking Conquest binary files such as textures, models, animations, sounds, music, and scenes.

Captain Lust said:
Live! :smile: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/News/147

Hello all!

2.023 Patch for Viking Conquest Reforged Edition is now live!

patchnewsvc2023.jpg

Along with the mod, we are releasing the source code for modders to use, along with addition assets. Links and terms of use for these, can be found over on the Viking Conquest Downloads Page.

For the server hosters and non-Steam users, you can get the latest version from the Viking Conquest Downloads Page.

Back
Top Bottom