[VC] Are you going to release the module source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Problem is if people start building modules on VC who will keep buying they're DLC? I mean to play a warband module you need to have the original game... but to play a VC module you only need WB. :facepalm:

Rarilmar said:
Problem is if people start building modules on VC who will keep buying they're DLC? I mean to play a warband module you need to have the original game... but to play a VC module you only need WB. :facepalm:

think again. Just look at NW modules, it requires the DLC serial key to work

there is also called "forum policy". Any content that is posted against the rules will be removed (like a mod copying VC stuff without permission)

Rarilmar said:

For one thing the mod maker would have to upload the whole of VC+their changes, which they aren't going to do since it would be unnecessary for legit users. It would only happen if they changed literally every file for their mod.

And even so, it would be a shame to prevent legit users enjoying the usual MB modding experience because of pirates.

Hi everyone,

I think awhile back they said they would eventually release the modules. Just it was a lot of work and was not a priority while game was still developing.

Really would like it as I never did much text editing.

It's been more than a year since VC came out and nearly 6 months since RE. If the devs are honest about releasing the MS, it can only mean that MS release is so low on the priority list that it's just as likely to be forgotten.

So I guess it's safe to say, at this point, that the MS will never come out. What a shame.

uly said:
It's been more than a year since VC came out and nearly 6 months since RE. If the devs are honest about releasing the MS, it can only mean that MS release is so low on the priority list that it's just as likely to be forgotten.

So I guess it's safe to say, at this point, that the MS will never come out. What a shame.
Hi uly,
We are developing a new patch and it will be release with this patch.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
uly said:

Hi uly,

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Oooooohhh that would be amazing!
So when is the next patch coming out? :wink: :wink:

CeltiberoCaesar said:
uly said:

Hi uly,

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :party: :party: :party: :fruity: :fruity: :party: :party:

Please, is it possible to have even a very rough estimate?

Before the latest patch (2.0.21) I used to play with a heavily modded version of the txt files.

When the patch came out, I found out that the original .txt files were changed, and because of those changes, I couldn't simply apply the same edits, I had to redo everything from scratch because the lines, reference numbers etc were different.

I would like to remake my mod, but I don't want to waste my time doing that if it means that in a couple of weeks a new patch will come out and I'll have to do it yet again.

On the other hand, if the patch won't be out for months, it will be worth to do it, since otherwise it would mean not being able to play for a long time.

Indeed, it's a little bit sad that there is absolutely no mods out there for VC. I would really enjoy to see "a Clash of Kings" mods for VC, with Lordly/King campaign, naval battle and refuge (for mercenaries).

Maybe you can include a lock inside the source code to prevent anybody to use a modded Viking Conquest if they don't own Viking Conquest ?

You should have release it earlier, because if TaleWorlds releases Bannerlord on July, only a little group of modders will work on long term projects for Viking Conquest.

Couldn't agree more.

Frankly I can't see any rational reason to delay the MS release. VC wouldn't have existed in the first place if it wasn't for M&B's open and supportive attitude to modding. Indeed, M&B itself wouldn't be such a success without the very active participation of the modding community from the early beta days.

I also don't understand why it'd be a problem if everyone get access to the MS, anyway. If someone build a mod with a pirated VC, it still benefits the legit owners and the community as a whole. There is nothing the MS could do to somehow promote piracy, and there is nothing the modding community could do to somehow damage a singleplayer game's appeal. The idea that mods needs to be controlled is, IMO, completely self defeating.

I still haven't picked up VC because of the lack of modding support. And I don't imagine there would be many ambitious mods for VC with Bannerlord just over the horizon.

Thought I'd come back months after playing to see if what mods have been released, just to find out they still have released the MS! Seriously, I gave you the benefit of the doubt for ages, boy do i regret that. Terrible start and a terrible finish :facepalm:

Dodgy said:
When the patch came out, I found out that the original .txt files were changed, and because of those changes, I couldn't simply apply the same edits, I had to redo everything from scratch because the lines, reference numbers etc were different.
You can backup your modded files in a folder inside the module folder, so when a patch happens all you have to do is re-merge them with a file compare-er, of which there are several free ones... I think.

Back
Top Bottom