[WBANT™] WarBand American Native Training™ (REVIVAL?)

Who's gonna win WPL2?

• One Eyed

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Old Men

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Turtle Knights

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 1 of the ****ters

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Guaccmoleboy

Df0qXpC.png

rlrc30u.png

Welcome to the new WarBand American Native Training event hosted by the Turtle Knights. This event will be hosted every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 6:30 EST. The aim of this event is to train competitive players, help older players shake off the rust, and to aid new players aiming to joining the North American scene. It is open to all players, the more people the merrier. This event will be both consistent and enjoyable, and will remain consistent with the current competitive settings.

RO1oBeD.png

We will start WBANT at around 6:00 EST on the cage map and do a simple infantry fight in the middle. As more players continue to join, we will introduce cavalry and archers into the fight. With the ample amount of players, we will switch to competitive maps and do drills/activities. This will be unofficial and only serves as a warm-up for the WBANT Scrim. We will start the WBANT Scrim at 6:30 EST, where we will do a 5v5 or 8v8 pick-up scrim. We may choose specific days to hold varying events, such as sword and board duels, cavalry practice, or similar things.

*PICK-UP SCRIMS AT 6:30 EST (YOU CAN JOIN UNOFFICIAL WARMUP EARLIER)*
idk

Feel free to request different practices as well if you want help with a specific mechanic or class, we'd be happy to consider it for the current or a future practice.

RULES

1. Be respectful; do not disrespect/undermine the event leaders.

2. You must be in the correct TS in order to participate in the drills/activities and pick up matches.

3. If there are enough players present before WBANT officially starts at 6:30, the event can start earlier.

4. Have fun!

1.Trolling/griefing will absolutely not be tolerated in these events. Trolling once will result in a kick from the current event and ban from the next upcoming event. Trolling another time will result in a permanent ban from all WBANT events.

2. Starting arguments and seriously trash talking any players will result first in a warning, and then a kick from the event and TS. Continue again  and you will be banned from the next event and temporarily banned from TS. Any players in a prolonged argument are eligible to be kicked, however just telling said player(s) to stop etc is not. If a player is being salty and trolly, simply report it to an in-game admin or TS admin and they will be dealt with.

3. Players may not state to another that they can not join an event merely because they dislike them or because they believe they will grief/troll.

4.  If a player is deemed by an admin not caring/trying in the event, they will be benched or kicked for another player.

1. Scrim rules will be in accordance with the current competitive rules. Any exceptions/anomalies can be made from an event admin with the agreement of other admins.

2. If teams are deemed unfair we will swap players out at the next set.

3. If a player is not by the event at 6:30 EST sharp, they are late to the event and not eligible to be played.

4. Pickup scrims will have a maximum 8v8, if there are more players we will swap players out every set. We will play 7v8 etc if there are an uneven amount of players.

1. If a new(er) player unknowingly joins this event, it must be clearly stated to them (in admin chat, steam, etc) to join the correct TS and abide to the rules.  If said players attempt to join, they are to be moved to spectator and warned. If they are to join again immediately after, they may be kicked. Only until said player joins the correct TS and confirms they know the rules, may they be let into the event.

1. The two least performing players of each team will bench themselves at the end of each set for a player in spec. If there is only 1 person in spec, the person with the lowest score of both teams will sit their self. Only a maximum of 2 players per team will bench themselves each set, unless a player volunteers to be sat.

2. If 2+ players on the same team share the lowest score, the player at the bottom of the scoreboard will be sat. If players on both teams share the same score, the player at the bottom of the scoreboard of the losing team will be sat.

3. If a player volunteers to be sat, then one of the least performing players will not have to be sat. If however there are a large amount of players are in spectator, then the least performing players and the players who volunteered to be sat will all be sat.

4. Team Captains are exempt from these rules.

1. If a large amount of players attend the event, event admins will choose 4 team captains to pick their team. When team captains have finalized their teams, the 1st and 2nd team will stay on the server and continue the event, while the 3rd and 4th team will move to another server and continue the event. One event admin will admin the first event, and another event admin will admin the second event.

Team organisation may be handled in two ways:

i) Two captains are decided for one faction, and another two for the other faction. Each captain will choose a player for their team until there are no remaining players. The first two captains picked will stay on the server, while the other two will move to another. Players will be moved to appropriate Teamspeak channels for the event. This method will be quicker but is less organised and may lead to player confusion.

ii) Two captains are decided for one faction, and another two for the other faction. Each team captain will be moved to a separate Teamspeak channel. The captains will then pick players in chat, and the player will moved to the appropriate channel. When team captains have finalized their teams, the 1st and 2nd team will stay on the server and continue the event, while the 3rd and 4th team will move to another server and continue the event. One event admin will admin the first event, and another event admin will admin the second event. This method will be slower but will be more organised and have little confusion.

If there are still a large amount of players but not enough for another scrim, event admins/other players are encouraged to host another event on a server, such as infantry fights etc, until the players can play in the actual WBANT event.

2. Server progression for 2 events will be in numerical order. For instance, if there is an event on WPL_CHI_1, the other one will be on WPL_CHI_2 and so forth. If the server is taken, simply proceed to the next one in numerical order.

1. If there are enough players for another scrim, experienced players must volunteer themselves to be team captain, or they will be chosen out by event admins.

2.  Teamspeak admins hold responsibilities as well, which includes moving players in and out of channels, giving players priority speaker, and helping the event admins as a whole.

3. Players are to obey and listen to event admins when told to. I will be far more strict about this now, which includes kicking and temporarily banning players from the event. If you do not enjoy the event or the way it is being run, you are free to leave.

4. If there are newer players in the event, old, experienced players are encouraged to aid them before and inside the event. If we want this community to grow, this is an absolute must to attract more players.

5. Admins must have just cause to kick/ban, and can not do so until a rule is actually broken.

When a rule is broken by a player, any admin present are to record their name and print/record their ID. They will then fill out this template:

ADMIN:
PLAYER BANNED:
ID:
REASON:
SENTENCE:

For a player to be unbanned, they can fill out this template:

PLAYER:
ID:
REASON FOR BAN:
REASON FOR UNBAN:

MAP POOL

*Maps that have been crossed out have been played recently (less then 2 weeks ago)

Mountain Fortress
Sandi'boush
Verloren
Naval Outpost
Legacy Town
Desert Town
Fort of Honour

*Maps that have been crossed out have been played recently (less then 2 weeks ago)

Reveran Village
River Village
Amere Village
Ruins
Castellum
Field by the River
Frosthaven

Brezeliad
King's Court(CUSTOM MAP 10)
Courtyard (Custom Map 17)
Dreickesdorf
Jeffrey's Map (Custom Map 11)
Khergit Settlement(Custom Map 19)
New Snowy Village
Prison Hill
Quagmire
Red Water(Custom Map 13)
Riverside
Ruins Rebuilt (Custom Map 14)
The Farm
Shariz Village
Swadian Town
Stronghold
Tannenberg (Custom Map 20)
New Desert Town Custom Map 16)
New Nord Town
New Port Assault (Custom Map 15)
New Village
Port Azur
Lost Realms
Mezquita
Milford
Desolation Valley
Frosty Battle
Hepburn Forest
Legacy Plains

Tannenberg: CUSTOM SCENE 20
Khergit Settlement: CUSTOM SCENE 19
Frosthaven: CUSTOM SCENE 18
Courtyard: CUSTOM SCENE 17
New Desert Town: CUSTOM SCENE 16
New Port Assault: CUSTOM SCENE 15
Ruins Rebuilt: CUSTOM SCENE 14
RED WATER (?): CUSTOM MAP 13
LEGACY TOWN: CUSTOM MAP 12
JEFFREY'S MAP: CUSTOM MAP 11
King's Court: CUSTOM MAP 10
Legacy Plains: CUSTOM MAP 9

ZdmL4ED.png

Server: tK_Central_Practice
Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WBANT All are welcome to join!
Teamspeak: Join WBANT Steam Group for Teamspeak
Module:WBANT Module (USING WPL MODULE)
Not sure about something, or want to ask a question about the practices? Be sure to message one of the hosts:
ler7hzy.gif
Guacc
ler7hzy.gif
Thunderbeu
To become an event admin, please contact one of the above links!
thank u sj for helping with rules/making graphics
If you'd like to support these practices, here's a signature you can use:

Thank you Sjaeles for formatting the post and making our logo!

and helping with me with math

Guaccmoleboy said:
and helping with me with math

And this is why we can't have nice things (why was guacc the one to post thing... you have failed me sj and thunder)!

On a side note, thanks for writing this up. It really needed to be done and I'm glad SOMEONE went out of their way to do it (proud guacc). Also feel free to give suggestions and what not, this is open to all players, not just competitive ones. IE people like beansacks and other pubs who want to try out competitive play( in other words, just because you aren't in a clan, doesn't mean you are excluded so long as you follow the rules danku)

Pretty much our plan is to try and get it as close to a legitimate scrim as possible! Rules will be normal scrim rules, pretty much it will almost be like organized pickups but with so to speak less autism! Rules will be enforced by the current admins!

Thunderbeu said:
Pretty much our plan is to try and get it as close to a legitimate scrim as possible! Rules will be normal scrim rules, pretty much it will almost be like organized pickups but with so to speak less autism! Rules will be enforced by the current admins!
The idea might be good, but if you are going to have other clans and new players there, I would want several admins that are well respected in the Warband community, not just people that you like. I would also prefer seeing a list of rules here so that everyone knows what this consists of, as you said you hope for new people, they might not know what current scrim rules are.

EDIT: I was advised to take off the first part  :cool:

Kohath said:
Thunderbeu said:
The idea might be good, but if you are going to have other clans and new players there, I would want several admins that are well respected in the Warband community, not just people that you like. I would also prefer seeing a list of rules here so that everyone knows what this consists of, as you said you hope for new people, they might not know what current scrim rules are.

It's difficult to place in specific rules due to the scope of our trainings, they can far easily be explained by in-game admins or in Teamspeak. The admins playing can unfortunately not be consistent in their activity therefore you can't expect many "well respected" admins to be in, I can guarantee however that the admins there will be respectful and good-mannered.

Think of these trainings basically like gym class in high school (without your social anxiety),  the coach makes a warmup (inf fight), then moves onto the (scrim) games (explains the rules of the game, then splits into teams). It's very informal and meant to be enjoyable as well as being great practice.

IF there is a scrim then we will use these rules...
You can put the general rules there and then explain them before the match anyways. Cover your bases

Guaccmoleboy said:
Kohath said:
Thunderbeu said:

It's difficult to place in specific rules due to the scope of our trainings, they can far easily be explained by in-game admins or in Teamspeak. The admins playing can unfortunately not be consistent in their activity therefore you can't expect many "well respected" admins to be in, I can guarantee however that the admins there will be respectful and good-mannered.

Think of these trainings basically like gym class in high school (without your social anxiety),  the coach makes a warmup (inf fight), then moves onto the (scrim) games (explains the rules of the game, then splits into teams). It's very informal and meant to be enjoyable as well as being great practice.
Is there any admins that are not tK? No offense to the clan, but your members are known trolls and I find it hard to believe that they will be respectful and good-mannered (Based off of previous experience.)

And who is the trainers and how are they deemed fit to train these new, and old, players you want to join the community? Can you guarantee that there will be a trainer that actually trains players or is it just "go fight, good job"?

Currently everyone who is a WPL admin is fit to admin this. This idea is not personal training, it is for current, old and new players to train at a competitive standard. Everyone will assist everyone is what we are aiming for.

Thunderbeu said:
Currently everyone who is a WPL admin is fit to admin this. This idea is not personal training, it is for current, old and new players to train at a competitive standard. Everyone will assist everyone is what we are aiming for.
How will they train if noone is training them? Then they might as well play on IG_Battlegrounds or GK_Siege if they are going to just fight. Everyone gives advice on public servers as well.

The WPL admin team only consists of 5 people, where Tardet will probably not show for a NA practice. The only one else on that is Arys who I believe can do good. Is there no other admins?

Both those two servers are vastly different from an 8v8 scrim. The idea is to train team work, and other qualities taught in this environment. If someone wants personal training, then they can ask people who they will be playing with. I mean this isn't that hard, its basically a more serious pick up party for NA. You've got to understand our competitive scene needs something to keep it going until bannerlords (if and when that comes out) and this is the best option anyone has brought forward. 

Kohath said:
Thunderbeu said:
How will they train if noone is training them? Then they might as well play on IG_Battlegrounds or GK_Siege if they are going to just fight. Everyone gives advice on public servers as well.

The WPL admin team only consists of 5 people, where Tardet will probably not show for a NA practice. The only one else on that is Arys who I believe can do good. Is there no other admins?

There is training, a lot of it. In a new player's perspective, this is the only thing close enough to being in an actual competitive match. While there are no real "trainers", the experience enough is magnificent practice and many players are more than willing to help a newer player. This isn't just a "fight",  it's against experienced players and forces you to be aware, to survive, to know which things to do in which situation; these traits are simply non-existent in the above servers.

It's great to practice new things as well, you can try out calling for a team, playing cav/archer, there are no high stakes and it's an almost perfect simulation of a scrim. This is the ultimate practice, this is where you can learn and apply your skills to the fullest extent.

I believe you misinterpretated Thunder's comment about the admins, he was referring to the many WPL referrees, and not the official forum admins/mods.

Guaccmoleboy said:
Kohath said:
Thunderbeu said:

There is training, a lot of it. In a new player's perspective, this is the only thing close enough to being in an actual competitive match. While there are no real "trainers", the experience enough is magnificent practice and many players are more than willing to help a newer player. This isn't just a "fight",  it's against experienced players and forces you to be aware, to survive, to know which things to do in which situation; these traits are simply non-existent in the above servers.

It's great to practice new things as well, you can try out calling for a team, playing cav/archer, there are no high stakes and it's an almost perfect simulation of a scrim. This is the ultimate practice, this is where you can learn and apply your skills to the fullest extent.

I believe you misinterpretated Thunder's comment about the admins, he was referring to the many WPL referrees, and not the official forum admins/mods.
In your first paragraph you are describing a normal populated server ...

And in your second paragraph, it comes back to my point. How can you learn and apply skills, which might be unknown to you, if noone teaches you? The only thing I get out of this is that new players will get wrecked by experienced players, where appointed leaders will probably not teach them anything new and admins, in my personal opinion with the exception of Roberta, will not enforce common decency.

Kohath said:
Guaccmoleboy said:
Kohath said:
Thunderbeu said:

In your first paragraph you are describing a normal populated server ...

And in your second paragraph, it comes back to my point. How can you learn and apply skills, which might be unknown to you, if noone teaches you? The only thing I get out of this is that new players will get wrecked by experienced players, where appointed leaders will probably not teach them anything new and admins, in my personal opinion with the exception of Roberta, will not enforce common decency.

Have you ever played on POM? honest question, because thats exactly what you described. Also yeah, in this environment, a newer player would probably get demolished,  but the idea of this is a practice scrim, not just practice. If they want to learn, they have to want to, just like all of us did. They either join a clan, or ask for help, its no ones job to say "hey, you're not doing so well, let me take time out of my day to train you guy I don't know!"

Back
Top Bottom