Darian8597

Veteran
Colours.png

His Britannic Majesty's 79th Highland Regiment of Foot
-The Cameron Highlanders-

divider1.png

6joqid.png
History

The regiment was formed at the height of the French Revolutionary Wars, and moved to the Netherlands in 1794 where it took part in an unsuccessful campaign, before being evacuated back to Great Britain. On its return the 79th Foot was listed for disbandment, with the men being drafted into other units. In the end the regiment was reprieved, being instead posted to the West Indies in 1795. After a two-year tour the 79th were on garrison duties in England and Guernsey until 1799.

In 1799 the regiment was again in action against the French in Holland, as part of the Helder Campaign. On 2 October 1799 it took part in its first major battle at Egmont-op-Zee. At the end of the campaign the 79th returned to England. In 1800 the 79th was part of a force that took part in a failed assault on the Spanish coast at Ferrol.

In March 1801 the 79th Foot landed at Aboukir Bay, Egypt as part of an expeditionary force to prevent French control of the land route to India. After victories at Mandora and Alexandria, the British forces forced the surrender of the French forces at Cairo. Along with other regiments that took part in the Egyptian campaign the 79th Foot were henceforth permitted to bear a sphinx superscribed EGYPT on its colours and badges.

The 79th spent the next few years in Minorca and the United Kingdom without coming under fire. A second battalion was formed in 1804, as a draft-finding unit. The 1st Battalion took part in an engagement at Copenhagen, Denmark in 1807, before returning to England.

In 1808 the 79th Foot moved to Portugal, moving to Spain in the following year and participating in several major battles of the Peninsular War:

Corunna in 1809,
Busaco and the defence of Cadiz in 1810,
Fuentes d'Onor in 1811,
The Battle of Salamanca, the occupation of Madrid and the siege of Burgos in 1812,
The Battles of the Pyrenees, Nivelle, Nive in 1813
The Battle of Toulouse in 1814

Following the abdication of Napoleon in 1814, the regiment moved to Cork, Ireland. However, with the return of Napoleon from exile, the 79th Foot travelled to Belgium in May 1815. The regiment took part in the final battles of the Napoleonic Wars at Quatre Bras and Waterloo in June.

DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT DESIGN THE KILT, COLOURS, AND LACINGS MYSELF. MR. KOCHI IS TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS. CHECK HIS OTHER WORK OUT HERE http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3563.390

Replaces 42nd Black Watch in L'Aigle

WILL DO OTHER HIGHLAND REGIMENTS VIA REQUESTS ONLY

Pictures: (note the Cameron-clan style tartan kilt pattern)
3w3Fzv0.jpg

381jc2r.jpg

X2oQjBl.jpg

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0saptu0dsdxlcx/79th%20Highlanders%20%28L%27Aigle%29.rar?dl=0

I'm liking your mods and I have them both installed, but maybe keep them all in one topic labelled "Darian's mods" maybe? I can just see a couple of people getting annoyed, especially if you have 5 or 6 separate topics.

Just an idea, but keep up the good work :smile:

Niftyeye said:
I'm liking your mods and I have them both installed, but maybe keep them all in one topic labelled "Darian's mods" maybe? I can just see a couple of people getting annoyed, especially if you have 5 or 6 separate topics.

Just an idea, but keep up the good work :smile:

Yeah, the problem with that is a post with pics cannot be too big, or else everything won't fit properly. I'm figuring out how to be more space efficient. Thank you though.  :grin:

Oh fairplay, I don't personally mind because these forums aren't exactly packed full of busy threads but still :razz:

Whats your next move?

Niftyeye said:
Oh fairplay, I don't personally mind because these forums aren't exactly packed full of busy threads but still :razz:

Whats your next move?

Well, im in the process of doing a polish and austrian infantry reskin via request. Slowing those projects down as to not rush them and constantly update the dropbox.  :smile:

Major Shanks of the 42nd said:
When I click on the download link for the mod it just says it can't find what im looking for with the trusty error 404.

Hey man yeah the link is old and I've had to move stuff around my dropbox as time went on. I'll probably pm you a new link tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom